Bad News - Very Bad News...

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bad News - Very Bad News...

by Compo's Hat » 29 Oct 2009 17:14

floyd__streete
Evening Post Reading plan to launch a detailed evaluation of the first third of the season following the crucial home game against bottom-of-the-table Ipswich Town on Saturday week.

I'll save them the bother of a 'detailed' analysis by delivering my own evaluation of the first third of the season: It has been f*cking dire and you've all totally cocked it all up.

Ipswich is D-Day for Rodgers... Cheerio!!!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Oct 2009 19:16

Hopefully, it will depend on a combination of performances and results. I don't expect anything better than 0-0 on Saturday against Cov. As for Ipswich, that will be our biggest game since the last league game of last season (Birmingham).

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 29 Oct 2009 21:09

At the start of the season he gave the 'kids' a chance, and allowed them to go out and express themselves. We played alright but were picking up draws. He decided that the reason we weren't winning was down to lack of experience, so now we're playing shit and getting spanked away and easy to beat at home.

He is tactically shite for 2 reasons, firstly anybody could see on monday Church and Siggy needed to stay on and Rasiak and Howard/Mcanuff needed to go off. After that we lost are attacking edge.

But the one i truly don't understand is a Mcanuff,Marek,Howard and Siggy midfield to start and i put this down to why Leicester found it easy to retain the ball. The work rate of the first 3 is terrible and playing 2 players in the centre of the park that don't have a work rate, know how to tackle or defend will cost us.

In my eyes and many who I sit with have agreed out starting midfield should be Howard/Kebe LW Siggy/Karacan/Davies CM Mcanuff/HRK RW

The signings he's made have also been more than questionably, Rasiak has the turning circle of a bus, If Mills is a 2million pound defender I've got to be worth a 250 k at least, How Cummings has passed for a footballer escapes me. Mcanuff has looked promising at points but never can give that performance for 90 Minutes. The first thing he needed to do on Tuesday morning and it was easy for everybody to see was to go out and get a striker in on Loan until xmas. But what have we got nothing. Some's up his and the clubs lack of ambition.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Oct 2009 23:43

North Eaat royal He is tactically shite for 2 reasons, firstly anybody could see on monday Church and Siggy needed to stay on and Rasiak and Howard/Mcanuff needed to go off. After that we lost are attacking edge.

LOL at Reading fans who moaned at the likes of me when we told him he didn't know what he was doing. Proof in the pudding that most fans are cLOLueLOLess!

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 17 Dec 2009 12:31

Elm PArk
Cotswold Royal I have been told by someone who is supposedly ITK that he had 4 games before last night to turn it around.

Well I hope he's given until mid December as we have a lot of winnable games between now and the end of December. If we don't move up to mid table by then its difficult to see how we will avoid relegation. But I'm confident (at the moment) that by Xmas we will be mid table. A couple of signings in January and we should be safe.

Keep the faith.

Well I wasn't far off. He was given his chance and blew it. Let's hope things get sorted quickly as January looks like being a very hard month and I'm now starting to worry about the R word.