Hob Nob Addict

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2009 08:53

LOL, Stoke a big club!!!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Nov 2009 08:58

well done at achieving what you set out and turning this thread into 3 page reply!!!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 03 Nov 2009 09:06

I'd love to hear what a psychoanalyst (sp?) would make of someone who goes to the, not inconsiderable, hassle of getting registered for this site, solely to try and annoy a group of people he's never met and is ever likely to meet.

Surely there are 999,999,999,999 better ways to spend your time.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Nov 2009 09:08

Schards#2 Surely there are 999,999,999,999 better ways to spend your time.

In Stoke?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2009 09:12

Stoke is so bad that even Reading is an improvement, so proved by SJM himself.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 03 Nov 2009 09:50

AmazingMan I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Some would suggest that it's unsurprising that you lot are more vocal behind the safety of a keyboard than in the flesh but I won't comment on that, there's a lot to be said for a placid support = family-friendly, hooliganism unlikely to emerge, women fans not alienated. And forgive me but despite the decibel levels at our stadium in danger of knocking nearby buildings the more casual football fan can feel a little bit alienated by the nature and intensity of the hot-blooded support for my team, so I accept we are not perfect.

I want Reading to survive and you may dismiss this thought as negative and provocative, but on the contrary I feel I am being sensitive to the very real danger your club faces. Small provincial clubs are the lifeblood of the football league and despite your meagre following and lack of any real success you do have a long history. The neutral fan will always cheer the likes of your club, cheering them on to giantkilling exploits (however unlikely) against the likes of ourselves. That you deal in yearning, nostalgia and butterness is a measure of how far you have fallen. I hope my wishes for your descent to be slowed are accepted in the genuine good grace they are offered. Football needs the Accrington Stanleys and Readings of this world. I salute your very existence (despite how tenuous it may be).

Decent attempt though probably a little too obvious. :lol: Stick around :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 03 Nov 2009 10:05

Dont get cocky kid.

Stoke are doing well and i dont buy this anti long ball stuff. id rather watch Stoke than Reading at the moment, put it that way.

But as soon as things start running against you (Delap gets injured, a few bad results at home) you will sink like a stone. I hope not, but Pulis type tactics generally have a very short shelf life.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 Nov 2009 10:08

AmazingMan Alright guys, I work with a bloke from Reading who was banging on about second season syndrome to me and saying we'd be certainties to go down, not looking like it so far (despite buying a whole bunch of rejects from your lot).

Is one of them not your current top scorer?

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 03 Nov 2009 10:09

AmazingMan Alright guys, I work with a bloke from Reading who was banging on about second season syndrome to me and saying we'd be certainties to go down, not looking like it so far (despite buying a whole bunch of rejects from your lot).

Anyway we are doing pretty well at the moment and I don't want to rub it in but I have no idea how the likes of Sonko and Kitson formed part of a record-breaking team.

Let's face it football has moved on a long way since then and you lot have been left behind. I am amazed and not amazed by how far and how quickly you have fallen. For a year or so you were the underdog's model, now you have been forgotten. We are the team of the everyman now and unlike you lot, we will stick around. I wish you all the best in your fight against relegation, if you have any sense you will adopt our forceful, vibrant, attacking form of football, We are physical, strong and passionate at the moment and from watching you lot, it seems those are exactly the qualities you are lacking. Also from what I recall your new stadium lacks a bit of atmosphere so get behind your guys even if they are shocking.

I hope the friendship between our two clubs will continue, we have always gotten on well, and who knows you may get the chance to earn a big payday if you draw us away in a cup tie, also we may help you out with some loans from our reserves.

Best wishes and here's hoping you guys don't slide into administration and honestly you may think it's a permanent decline but believe it or not, we too were a shambles once. I really would ignore the doom-mongers, I can see you guys, at the very least maintaining your status as a football league club in the next few years. I hope you guys are not "doing a luton" - you deserve some kind of league club and a more vociferous support. Just maintain the belief that that can be achieved and you'll be ok.

4/10

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 03 Nov 2009 10:18

Hi Amazing (can I call you that?).

If your mouth is anything like as pretty as your words, then I'd like to make a Stoke sandwich with you and that nice Mark Chester.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 03 Nov 2009 10:55

Stoke........you only survived the first season my moving your advertising hoardings back another 10 feet for Delap. And your only where you are at the moment because the prem lacks any qualitiy this season just look at the goals to date, i bet your frankly feeling pretty safe with Hull, pompy and the Hammers below you, lets face it i cant remember the prem so pants in the last 4 years.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Nov 2009 11:00

Stoke's side last season was better than our 07/08 team, or at least more effective. Our team that went down would have wiped the floor with the Hull side that stayed up, on the other hand. Now the Premiership has the same Hull side that has barely strengthened at all and don't to survive this season. Portsmouth are in a mess now too. It remains to be seen if Burnley have merely made a bright start or if they'll be dragged in too.

All I can say is that this is a good season to have as your second in the Premiership. However if Stoke lose 8 games in a row from late December to February they'll see how quickly you can throw away your good work you've done over 2 years or so.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 03 Nov 2009 11:12

I heard on the Potteries grapevine that 'Interacial' breeding has gone through the roof, especially in Bentilee.

Gawd knows what Adrian Lewis thinks about all this.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Nov 2009 11:13

I have no feelings for Stoke at all.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 03 Nov 2009 11:19

General B Hi Amazing (can I call you that?).

If your mouth is anything like as pretty as your words, then I'd like to make a Stoke sandwich with you and that nice Mark Chester.

.........................NO not the norty 40s and Mr big man Jester!

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 03 Nov 2009 11:23

Norfolk Royal The WUM might be more relevant had Stoke ever had any real success. I recall a League Cup win back in the 70s was it? But they're hardly Barcelona.

They beat the one team I detest even more than them that day. Fondly remembered by that doyen of commentators Brian Moore; "the old man has done it"
Come on clever clogs in Delilahland, who was the old man?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Nov 2009 11:30

LOL whenever I hear Stoke I get the giggles as all I can remember is playing them at Elm Park when we spent the whole game chanting abuse at this fat northen lass who was wearing white for some reason... and then her fat northern husband took his top off and went mental so we got even nastier to them both.

Can't remember the game much other than we sent them down that day :lol:

Ive never taken them seriously ince then and it tickles me that they're actually doing better than us at the moment as I always think of Stoke as a league 1 or 2 team.

But footies a funny thing and much as we blast him with Madejski at the helm we know we'll be back in the Prem soon and who knows, if it doesn't happen beforehand maybe we'll be the ones to send Stoke down AGAIN :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 03 Nov 2009 11:39

floyd__streete http://www.royals.org/matdoc/091099.html

Thought I'd seen at least one game in front of a miniscule crowd at your wind-tunnel of a ground, this is the one. 9,621.....and you got to the play-offs that season too. Awesome support. You know Reading are struggling when our peers are sniffing around Hob Nob sneering :roll:

LOL Rangers took more than that away earlier in the season :lol: :lol:

Massive support stoke. :lol:

Wide and Wonderful
Location: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

by Wide and Wonderful » 03 Nov 2009 11:54

Tony Le Mesmer Dont get cocky kid.

Stoke are doing well and i dont buy this anti long ball stuff. id rather watch Stoke than Reading at the moment, put it that way.

But as soon as things start running against you (Delap gets injured, a few bad results at home) you will sink like a stone. I hope not, but Pulis type tactics generally have a very short shelf life.

They worked and continue to work well for Sam Allardyce. Pulis is an excellent manager and playing to his teams strengths. They have an excellent defence, can score goals, and if they can start to increase their creativty, I think they could be the next Wigan with a sustained premiership presence.

However, I will concede that people from Stoke are still bad bell whiffs though.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Nov 2009 12:03

A good attempt at a WU. Now run along to Hanley market and buy some oatcakes for your mother.

144 posts