Stoke fan here fellas

144 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by Dirk Gently » 03 Nov 2009 14:10

It really all depends on Peter Coates. As long as he keeps ploughing the Bet365 money in they'll be ok, but the second he stops they'll have a massive, unsustainable debt hanging over them.

In other words, Stoke's financial future is only a car crash or a change to betting legislation away from crashing and burning.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 03 Nov 2009 14:16

If we do get into financial bother then I appreciate the gesture from the Stoke fan to plough money into us. Even though it would be a tad demoralising to be a feeder club for Stoke if it ensured our continuing existence then I'd be forever grateful to our Northern sister....err I mean foster-father club.

RAFMAN

by RAFMAN » 03 Nov 2009 14:17

THE Amazing Man wrote

"God, the guy is a joke up North, you'd think anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here."

Has Dave Wheelan, a northern monkey, not just changed the JJB Stadium to the DW (as in Dave Wheelan) Stadium, just because he sold the JJB Chain.

IMHO I think the Stokey is a bit of a tit, with more emphasis on "tit" rather than on "a bit of a" !!!!! Stick to the Stoke Fan's forum in future.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2009 14:19

Why is there a Stoke thread in the Team board? I quite like Tony Pullis fwiw, good luck to him. You'd think with all this Premiership money Stoke might finally fill in those corners in the Britannia being as it's the coldest ground in the country.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 14:20

£5.5m for Kitson :lol:

£2m for Sonko :lol:

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 03 Nov 2009 14:27

AmazingMan Guys,

What I would say however is that your demise may not be all bad. I too do sometimes yearn for the days of lower league football, easy access to tickets, away ends where you can act the maggot without being collared, lack of hangers-on and johnny come lately fans. In some ways I envy you. .

Go to any Stoke home game and your sorted,and and talking finance i dont know where your getting your facts from but its 2009 here we are in very good shape, its us sovners paying your dole money there, also in a survey of "quality of life " Stoke came last in 376 as the worst a "Black hole of depravity" and " Social squalor" something which cant be blamed on anything but a dump that is the Britannia stadium so go throw clay at a club that cares or thats impressed.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Nov 2009 15:04

Something's wrong with this WUMing. I'm actually enjoying this.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 03 Nov 2009 15:16

Deathy
AmazingMan what fancy your art boffin celia-black dating tory weasel chairman may feed to you. God, the guy is a joke up North

Isn't John Madejski from Stoke?

Sir John Robert Madejski OBE DL (born Robert John Hurst on 28 April 1941 in Stoke-on-Trent) :lol:

:lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Nov 2009 15:30

more of this sort of thing please

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 03 Nov 2009 15:31

CHANGE

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Nov 2009 15:43

Thaumagurist* Did you know, Port Vale fans call them "Joke City".

They can talk.......... :shock:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 03 Nov 2009 15:51

Royalee Why is there a Stoke thread in the Team board?

Because there's no point in joining the forum as a WUM and opening a thread in the private areas where you can't point non-members to as you crow about upsetting all the locals.

Internetz 101.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2009 16:29

AmazingMan God, the guy is a joke up North, you'd think anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here

St James did it at Newcastle and Victoria at Hartlepool :wink:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Nov 2009 16:34

Barry the bird boggler
AmazingMan God, the guy is a joke up North, you'd think anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here

I always thought that jumped up Scouse lass Ann Field had ideas above her station as well.....

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Nov 2009 17:42

Barry the bird boggler

The latter also did it at Stoke City's old ground 8)

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 03 Nov 2009 18:12

You can tell it's a WUM as he's faaaar too eloquent for a true Stokie; I've not seen him threaten to glass anyone for starters :)

Good work though - 8/10

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2009 18:15

MOOSE!

You used to be a regular didn't you? Always liked your posts.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Nov 2009 18:25

AmazingMan ...your shiny new stadium...

It's over 10 years old now, move on please.

AmazingMan you don't have a divine right to top-flight football. Let's face it, you've only ever been in the top tier for 2 years so don't be getting any aspirations about being a big club...

I haven't seen 1 person on here claiming that we DO have a divine right to top-flight football (aside from yourself that is), and as far as aspirations go, most are just hoping for survival this season, and all of us would like to see us as a Premier League team again at some point, but nobody has ever said we would be a 'big club'.

AmazingMan ...anyone would be so pompous as to name the stadium after themselves up here...

Reports are that it was the board which decided to name it after the chairman, and as far as it goes, if he were to have asked the fans if naming the stadium after him was a good idea most would say yes. He after all is the saviour of our club, and responsible for seeing us move from a decreped ageing stadium where we would have had no chance of playing top flight football into a ground much more befiting our catchment area.

I was going to continue reading your drivel, as you entertained earlier, but I've lost interest now.

Nice effort though.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 03 Nov 2009 18:26

I've never particularly been that keen on stoke, although i've always looked forward to our games with them as they bring a few fans and create a fairly decent atmosphere. Fair play to them, their chairman is trying to take them forward and not rest on their laurels, where as our chairman shat himself when he realised just how much it would cost to sustain a premier league club and pay the wages that those players demand. I feel us and stoke are similar in size,both clubs attendances when in the premier and when in the championship are about the same. Im not sure if the stoke fan is taking the piss or not, perhaps we should be the one's taking the piss based on the money we've taken off them in the last couple of years. Stoke fans had better hope their chairman and backer peter coates doesn't get bored like our very own mr madejski did.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 03 Nov 2009 18:32

1871 Royal What is 'WUM'? :oops:

Also some good points in that post, welcome.

Wind-up merchant.

144 posts