Karacan
Howard
Sig
Rasiak

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: So Pick Your Best 11+7 Thread

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2009 20:04

Wimb Nobody's gone for the same XI as Rodgers yet then.. though we didn't know NHunt would get injured :(

would people change their minds after anything they've seen recently?

I stick by mine so far, althought McAnuff, Matejovsky, Howard, and Rasiak are all high in my reckoning right now.

There is a difference for me, between our best eleven and the best eleven to improve our position for now. Especially if you factor in availability.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 05 Nov 2009 12:39

GK: Federici

LB: Armstrong
CB: Mills
CB: Ingimarsson
RB: Kelly

LM: Kebe
CM: Matejovsky
CM: Cisse (or a loanee defensive midfielder... someone like Parkinson used to be- to give Matejovsky a bit more freedom to attack)
RM: Sigurdsson ( i rekon he could do a good job there)

FW: Rasiak
FW: Long

Subs:
Hamer
O'Dea
Pearce
Gunnarsson
Robson-Kanu
N Hunt
Bignall

To be sold/ loaned out in January:
Karacan (sold)
Church (sold)
Vasilev (loan)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Nov 2009 12:42

robb the royal GK: Federici

CM: Cisse (or a loanee defensive midfielder... someone like Parkinson used to be- to give Matejovsky a bit more freedom to attack)

Subs:
Hamer
O'Dea
Pearce
Gunnarsson
Robson-Kanu
N Hunt
Bignall

Karacan (sold)
Church (sold)
Vasilev (loan)

Really?

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 05 Nov 2009 12:58

winchester_royal
robb the royal GK: Federici

Subs:
Hamer
O'Dea
Pearce
Gunnarsson
Robson-Kanu
N Hunt
Bignall

Karacan (sold)
Church (sold)
Vasilev (loan)

Really?

Really,
I think Karacan is the most over rated player at the club... ok he tries hard, but too many times i have seen him play like a child on the playground, giving the ball away by stretching to reach a ball, which was already going to one of our players, and flicking it past said player, giving the ball to the opposition.
Church can't finish well enough for a striker.
Vasilev i have heard good things about, but he isn't going to improve without playing, send him out on loan till the end of the season and let him get used to 1st team football... thats what we did with Bignall, and he is looking pretty good now.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 05 Nov 2009 15:20

robb the royal
Really,
I think Karacan is the most over rated player at the club... ok he tries hard, but too many times i have seen him play like a child on the playground, giving the ball away by stretching to reach a ball, which was already going to one of our players, and flicking it past said player, giving the ball to the opposition.
Vasilev i have heard good things about, but he isn't going to improve without playing, send him out on loan till the end of the season and let him get used to 1st team football... thats what we did with Bignall, and he is looking pretty good now.

To quote a tennis player... you cannot be serious?

Jem has been probably our most consistant player out there and is pretty much developing into a more skillful Parky IMO. He's far better in the short and long term then Cisse as well. I'd also not bin Church quite yet, I can see the argument for loaning him out to play every game up front for 90 minutes, but the lad is clearly making progress. 'greed about Vasilev though.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 05 Nov 2009 15:47

Wimb
robb the royal
Really,

Jem has been probably our most consistant player out there and is pretty much developing into a more skillful Parky IMO. He's far better in the short and long term then Cisse as well. I'd also not bin Church quite yet, I can see the argument for loaning him out to play every game up front for 90 minutes, but the lad is clearly making progress. 'greed about Vasilev though.

'greed

LOL @ anyone thinking we should get rid of Jem Karacan.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 Nov 2009 16:01

This is largely an irrelevant argument as for the Coventry game because with long term injuries to Kelly, Hunt and Armstrong and short term one to Mills, Kebe and Robson-Kanu we had exactly 18 fit players out of 24 - so by default they were all selected.

With injuries through the season and a smaller squad plus 7 subs, the squad each match all but picks itself.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 05 Nov 2009 16:10

rg6royal
Wimb
robb the royal
Really,

'greed

LOL @ anyone thinking we should get rid of Jem Karacan.

I always find it amusing that people belittle marek for giving the ball away too much, but someone like Karacan does it and no one notices!
More skilful than Parky, maybe, but we are a more skilful team than when Parky was here, so that argument is irrelevant. All I meant by a new Parky is someone who is going to go in to all tackles looking like he is going to win it... we need a defensive midfielder who will tackle (someone like say... Bikey) and Karacan aint that bloke.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 Nov 2009 20:16

Karacan has been excellent every time I have watched him play this year so I don't know what you have been watching.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Nov 2009 21:42

Karacan is excellent and very unlucky not to be playing, one of the few players to come out of our opening having done no damage to his reputation IMO.

Possibly the most likely of our youngsters to fulfill there promise IMO.

JR

by JR » 06 Nov 2009 08:54

4-3-2-1

Fed

O'Dea
Pearce
Ivar
Bertrand

Karacan
Sig
Davies

McAnuff
Marek

Rasiak

Subs - Hamer, Mills, Tabb, Kebe, HRK, Howard, Hunt

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Nov 2009 09:43

Of the players available (ie no Stretch or Hunt):-

Fed

Tabb
Ingi
O'Dea
Plastic

McAnuff
Howard
Matejovsky
The Sig

Church
Rasiak

Hamer, Mills, Cisse, Gunnar, Kebe, Kara, Long

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 17 Dec 2009 10:16

So with Rodgers gone and a clean slate for all involved where do people stand.

For me.....

Hamer

Stretch
Mills
Pearce
Jem/Kelly

McAnuff
Sig
Marek/Jem
Henry

Rasiak
Church

Time for Henry to come back, same with Mooney and Davies, even Bignall, the manager needs a chance to use everyone and regardless of these 'Mooney wage rumours' we have to get some options back until we sign a new striker.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Mar 2010 07:34

Shows how much we all know.... :D

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Mar 2010 08:51

Ideal Speak for yourself wimb, I think I called this one spot on:

Ideal
That would not be terrible in itself, but then Rodgers doesn't know how to get the best out of Long, and with the slashing of the fitness regime, it seems that now even Long isn't as capable physically as he was when Coppell was manager.
It's just more of an indication that RODGERS=FAIL.

Touche!

Was more talking about the random first XI's though :D

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 15 Mar 2010 09:48

Think McD's proved if anything that we have a core of 6-7 players who get straight in the first team, then the rest are the strikers/centre-mids who work best in the formation we're playing against/come in for suspension. Team management as it should be.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 15 Mar 2010 10:15

McDermott has come up with two successful ways of playing, something Coppell never acheived. The Bristol City scouts must have seen us the last couple of games play impressively in 4-4-2 so we switch seamlessly to 4-2-3-1. Even then we have further options, Church or Long chase balls down the sides whereas Rasiak can hold the ball chipped into him.
I could be churlish and say I am uneasy about McDermott`s insistence on only playing in the other team`s half, but in our position winning has justified the means. In fact our so far impressive new manager has made the thread title redundant.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Mar 2010 10:26

Negative_Jeff McDermott has come up with two successful ways of playing, something Coppell never acheived. The Bristol City scouts must have seen us the last couple of games play impressively in 4-4-2 so we switch seamlessly to 4-2-3-1. Even then we have further options, Church or Long chase balls down the sides whereas Rasiak can hold the ball chipped into him.
I could be churlish and say I am uneasy about McDermott`s insistence on only playing in the other team`s half, but in our position winning has justified the means. In fact our so far impressive new manager has made the thread title redundant.

i could have sworn we went to places like old trafford, and stamford bridge and came away with points after playing one up front........