Fergie gets Posh push

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ferguson sacked by Peterboro

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Nov 2009 08:02

Swallowfield Posh

Re: Ferguson leaves United?

by Swallowfield Posh » 10 Nov 2009 09:21

Harpers So Solid Crew Anyone think that when he signed the 4 year deal he was told there was going to be money available, however now it has been withdrawn, adn he wanted a couple of new faces in the window, only to be told no, or at least yes, so long as they are within the budget, which is beggar all.
Flawed logic there. Settling Ferguson's four-contract is going to cost Posh a pretty penny.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Nov 2009 09:39

Not flawed at all SP, cutting losses is a well known business trick. We have no idea what is in the contract, could be a clause that they can sack him with 3 months pay if PU hit the bottom of the league, we really dont know.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Nov 2009 10:49

This would be the worst decision in football in an absolute age.

Back to back promotions, what do Peterborough actually expect this season? If it's anymore than 4th bottom they are living in fantasy.

Ferguson >>>>> Rodgers

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 10 Nov 2009 12:08

Totally right AP. Who's going to do a better job there? Tbh who's going to GO there? Kind of decision which makes me realise the benefits of Madejski.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Nov 2009 12:44

Agreed this seems just rediculous. One of the most succesful managers in the league in the last few years. There has to more to this than meets the eye. If it was a straight forward sacking, there would have been an annoucement by now.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 10 Nov 2009 12:47

Alan Partridge This would be the worst decision in football in an absolute age.

Back to back promotions, what do Peterborough actually expect this season? If it's anymore than 4th bottom they are living in fantasy.

Ferguson >>>>> Rodgers

Not enough '>'s there, AP.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 10 Nov 2009 13:41

Am I the only one who sniggered at the thought of getting in an Oxf*rd manager?

...I'll get my coat

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Nov 2009 15:51

As mentioned elsewhere my theory is that it's down to him having an interest elsewhere in the summer, then Pboro struggling maybe they think the two are linked?

Simple though, eventually every club finds it's level in regard to what they pay. Reading didn't pay Premiership money and thus got relegated, we've seen the likes of Rotherham, Walsall, Swindon and others have success in fairly recent years but have filtered back down to the level the clubs belong. Pboro don't pay CHampionship wages. All of their signings apart from 1 or 2 have been from non league and eventually it catches up. I think there are goals in Peterborough though, their 3 main players Boyd, McLean, Mackail Smith (all ex non league btw) I reckon can get them goals, but they have to tighten up defensively. Sacking the most succesfull manager in their history because of a poor but ultimately fairly expected start would be absolutely ludicrous. Although it could prove to be massively beneficial for someone else who gets his services.

I'd love to see him at Reading, although I doubt he is the Chairmans' cup of tea. Someone that might rock the boat and kick a few arses isn't what he wants. Someone that is happy to tow the line and kiss his and Hammond's arse is ideal so he'll probably stick with Mourinho's m8.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Nov 2009 17:03

Technically he's still there but to all intents and purposes DF has been sacked, however it will all be announced within an hour from now that he has left "by mutual consent".

Cookie

by Cookie » 10 Nov 2009 19:47

Harpers So Solid Crew Not flawed at all SP, cutting losses is a well known business trick. We have no idea what is in the contract, could be a clause that they can sack him with 3 months pay if PU hit the bottom of the league, we really dont know.

He's got sh!te advice if he signed that contract. But I take your point.
The more I hear from that chairman Darragh MacAnthony, there's a bust-up waiting to happen if ever I saw one. And he's parted company after a row. LFLS eh? :lol:
Last edited by Cookie on 11 Nov 2009 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Nov 2009 20:27

Alan Partridge As mentioned elsewhere my theory is that it's down to him having an interest elsewhere in the summer, then Pboro struggling maybe they think the two are linked?

Simple though, eventually every club finds it's level in regard to what they pay. Reading didn't pay Premiership money and thus got relegated, we've seen the likes of Rotherham, Walsall, Swindon and others have success in fairly recent years but have filtered back down to the level the clubs belong. Pboro don't pay CHampionship wages. All of their signings apart from 1 or 2 have been from non league and eventually it catches up. I think there are goals in Peterborough though, their 3 main players Boyd, McLean, Mackail Smith (all ex non league btw) I reckon can get them goals, but they have to tighten up defensively. Sacking the most succesfull manager in their history because of a poor but ultimately fairly expected start would be absolutely ludicrous. Although it could prove to be massively beneficial for someone else who gets his services.

I'd love to see him at Reading, although I doubt he is the Chairmans' cup of tea. Someone that might rock the boat and kick a few arses isn't what he wants. Someone that is happy to tow the line and kiss his and Hammond's arse is ideal so he'll probably stick with Mourinho's m8.

You do remember we tried to approach Ferguson but were blocked by his Chairman right? Or am I just making that up?

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 10 Nov 2009 21:52

So now more is coming out. He wasn't sacked but left by mutual consent. It doesn't take a genius to work out the scenario. For the first time in his management career things don't go as he wants, so he runs to the board demanding cash to buy his way out of the problem. Board says no and he throws his toys around, like father like son. So they agree to part.

Please please Reading do not approach this man to manage my club. I think as AP has said his face wouldn't fit at Reading anyway, and after the way he's left PB at the first sign of trouble, who would want him anyway.

Rodgers >>>>>>>(to the power of a googol)>>>>>>Ferguson.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Nov 2009 22:15

Muskrat Rodgers >>>>>>>(to the power of a googol)>>>>>>Ferguson.

So, putting the cones out at Cobham >>>>>>> 2 successive promotions is it? Righty-o :roll: . Some of you lot live in f*cking Narnia don't you.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 10 Nov 2009 22:22

floyd__streete
Muskrat Rodgers >>>>>>>(to the power of a googol)>>>>>>Ferguson.

So, putting the cones out at Cobham >>>>>>> 2 successive promotions is it? Righty-o :roll: . Some of you lot live in f*cking Narnia don't you.

Don't tarnish everybody else with this, I seem to be in a minority of one anyway :D .

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Nov 2009 22:41

Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>D Ferguson

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Nov 2009 22:48

paultheroyal Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>D Ferguson

Seriously, outside of a) as yet unproven allegations to his conduct at Posh, and b) actually, I don't have anything else, WHY?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Nov 2009 06:44

Muskrat
Please please Reading do not approach this man to manage my club. I think as AP has said his face wouldn't fit at Reading anyway, and after the way he's left PB at the first sign of trouble, who would want him anyway.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 11 Nov 2009 11:06

Muskrat So now more is coming out. He wasn't sacked but left by mutual consent. It doesn't take a genius to work out the scenario. For the first time in his management career things don't go as he wants, so he runs to the board demanding cash to buy his way out of the problem. Board says no and he throws his toys around, like father like son. So they agree to part.

He was sacked, but the club announced it as a mutual thing. Don't believe everything a football club, or the press, tells you.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Fergie gets Posh push

by Royalee » 11 Nov 2009 13:49

Glad Eddie Howe's turned them down, thought he would to be honest as he loves Bournemouth and is doing a very good job there. Couldn't see him leaving a club where he's pretty much a legend to up sticks to a crap part of the country to work under those buffoons.