World Cup Play-Offs

522 posts
Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: World Cup Play-Offs

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 16:32

Gus the teenage cow they should introduce video technology but they won't just yet, maybe when something like this happens to a bigger nation in a crucial game they'll get around to it, i don't know

Get over yourself.

It's happened to other, bigger countries in bigger, more important games.

It's not as if you'd have gone through had they not scored....

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Nov 2009 16:36

NO to telly replays being used.

It is just a game played by human beings who are fallible.

That is all part of the game and a game which should see the same basic application of laws from Sunday morning leagues right up to the world cup final.

The game is better for it, and we all get some controversy to talk about.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Nov 2009 16:39

I see FAI have lodged a complaint stated precident - an Uzbekistan V Bahrain game was declared void following a technical error by the referee - they state this is the same and should be replayed as a result.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 16:45

Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow they should introduce video technology but they won't just yet, maybe when something like this happens to a bigger nation in a crucial game they'll get around to it, i don't know

Get over yourself.

fcuk off with the get over yourself

it's the day after the game, you're still banging on about the hand of god 23 years after

tell me then please to what bigger countries has such a blatant piece of cheating decided a game in recent time, go on then remind me

oh and as for going through, even french players and fans admit we were the better side over the two legs, lloris man of the match in l'equipe for both games and Given with not a save of note to make in two legs so don't give me your shite, i'm not in the mood

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Nov 2009 16:48

Stranded I see FAI have lodged a complaint stated precident - an Uzbekistan V Bahrain game was declared void following a technical error by the referee - they state this is the same and should be replayed as a result.

What was the technical error in that game?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Nov 2009 16:48

THE HAND OF FROG. :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 19 Nov 2009 16:49

So they have requested a replay. Just LOL.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 16:49

Stranded I see FAI have lodged a complaint stated precident - an Uzbekistan V Bahrain game was declared void following a technical error by the referee - they state this is the same and should be replayed as a result.

In that game the ref gave an indirect free kick for encraochment at a penalty rather than having the kick retaken. Plain and simple got the law wrong.

That is not a precedent for what happened last night.

There will be many more precedents showing that because a referee didn;t see an incident, or even did see it but decided it was not an infringement no replay is required.

Might France issue a counter claim over the Anelka 'penalty' I wonder !

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 16:52

Gus the teenage cow
Sun Tzu

Get over yourself.

fcuk off with the get over yourself

it's the day after the game, you're still banging on about the hand of god 23 years after

tell me then please to what bigger countries has such a blatant piece of cheating decided a game in recent time, go on then remind me

oh and as for going through, even french players and fans admit we were the better side over the two legs, lloris man of the match in l'equipe for both games and Given with not a save of note to make in two legs so don't give me your shite, i'm not in the mood

Sorry Gus, whilst I'm really sympathetic to the Irish and would have loved to see all the Reading boys in the World Cup you are making a good job of destroying that sympathy.

You are of course right. No other team has ever had a bit of bad luck with a decision. It's only the Irish who have ever suffered from that. What with that and the potatoes it's tough on you as a nation.

It's like Maradona never happened.....

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 16:52

Sun Tzu

In that game the ref gave an indirect free kick for encraochment at a penalty rather than having the kick retaken. Plain and simple got the law wrong.

There will be many more precedents showing that because a referee didn;t see an incident, or even did see it but decided it was not an infringement no replay is required.

Why would they issue a counter claim to get one of their players retrospectively booked for diving? Very noble of them if they do so but I doubt it'll happen

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Nov 2009 16:53

That is just plain daft, so if the game was decalred null then there'd be a case for every league/cup game to be replayed because the ref missed an offside or the blatent penalty etc...

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 16:56

Sun Tzu
Sorry Gus, whilst I'm really sympathetic to the Irish and would have loved to see all the Reading boys in the World Cup you are making a good job of destroying that sympathy.

You are of course right. No other team has ever had a bit of bad luck with a decision. It's only the Irish who have ever suffered from that. What with that and the potatoes it's tough on you as a nation.

as if i care if the likes of you have sympathy or not

still we'll do our best to get over this "bit of bad luck " as you put it

nice gag about the famine though, will you do a holocaust joke if Germany go out?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Nov 2009 16:57

Gus the teenage cow
Sun Tzu

as if i care if the likes of you have sympathy or not

nice gag about the famine though, will you do a holocaust joke if Germany go out?

Israel, surely?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 19 Nov 2009 16:57

Gus the teenage cow
Sun Tzu

Why would they issue a counter claim to get one of their players retrospectively booked for diving? Very noble of them if they do so but I doubt it'll happen

OK, the Evra pen in the 1st leg. Any more? Maybe i should get the Guy back who tarmacced my drive, badly, for a relay.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Nov 2009 16:57

HAND OF FROG

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 16:59

Gus the teenage cow Why would they issue a counter claim to get one of their players retrospectively booked for diving? Very noble of them if they do so but I doubt it'll happen

Because of course someone looking objectively may well decide it WAS a pen.

Bear in mind Eduardo was hung drawn and quartered for 'diving' but when the video footage was reviewed it was decided there was nothing to show he had deceived the referee.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Nov 2009 16:59

Tony Le Mesmer OK, the Evra pen in the 1st leg.

That was a dive.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Nov 2009 17:00

Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow Why would they issue a counter claim to get one of their players retrospectively booked for diving? Very noble of them if they do so but I doubt it'll happen

Because of course someone looking objectively may well decide it WAS a pen.

Bear in mind Eduardo was hung drawn and quartered for 'diving' but when the video footage was reviewed it was decided there was nothing to show he had deceived the referee.

Er, I got news for you, Edarsedo did deceive the referee as there was no contact between him and the keeper and the referee still awarded a penalty.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:03

Tony Le Mesmer
OK, the Evra pen in the 1st leg. Any more? Maybe i should get the Guy back who tarmacced my drive, badly, for a relay.

as if bigoted pcunts like you can see the truth in anything

fcuk off back to whatever badly tarmacced hole you climbed out of

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 17:03

Gus the teenage cow as if i care if the likes of you have sympathy or not

No you won't. You'll whinge and whine and go on about how the world is against you when frankly all that's happened is you lost a game of football you would have won if you had better strikers or the opposition didn't have such a good keeper.

You'll ignore the hyprocrisy of having Robbie Keane as captain then moaning about other people cheating.

You'll go on demanding a replay when clearly there are no grounds for one, and other teams subjected to similar incidents haven't had one or asked for one.

And you'll go on filling up AE with the most incredibly 'interesting' posts.....

522 posts