World Cup Play-Offs

522 posts
Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: World Cup Play-Offs

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 17:05

Thaumagurist*
Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow Why would they issue a counter claim to get one of their players retrospectively booked for diving? Very noble of them if they do so but I doubt it'll happen

Because of course someone looking objectively may well decide it WAS a pen.

Bear in mind Eduardo was hung drawn and quartered for 'diving' but when the video footage was reviewed it was decided there was nothing to show he had deceived the referee.

Er, I got news for you, Edarsedo did deceive the referee as there was no contact between him and the keeper and the referee still awarded a penalty.

You need to tie that comment in with the laws of the game Spacey.

And the official verdict was that the TV replays did not show whether contact was made or not. Not that that is relevant in deciding whether it was a penalty, although it may have some bearing on whether there was simulation. Although not necessarily so.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 19 Nov 2009 17:07

Has Spacey been getting busy with Henry's Wiki entry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thierry_Henry&oldid=326715091

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2009 17:09

Had to LOL at mcgeady. Dropped twice for Liam lawrence who did a great job. Topped with coming on and falling over on the 18 yard box then tackling himself for a throw in to france. Did nothing over two legs. WoROFLd CLOLass.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:10

Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow as if i care if the likes of you have sympathy or not

still we'll do our best to get over this "bit of bad luck " as you put it

nice gag about the famine though, will you do a holocaust joke if Germany go out?

No you won't. You'll whinge and whine and go on about how the world is against you when frankly all that's happened is you lost a game of football you would have won if you had better strikers or the opposition didn't have such a good keeper.

You'll ignore the hyprocrisy of having Robbie Keane as captain then moaning about other people cheating.

You'll go on demanding a replay when clearly there are no grounds for one, and other teams subjected to similar incidents haven't had one or asked for one.

And you'll go on filling up AE with the most incredibly 'interesting' posts.....

no, you're mistaking what we would do with what you would do

I have already accepted we're out, however i won't accept bigoted garbage

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Nov 2009 17:13

Sun Tzu
Thaumagurist*
Sun Tzu Because of course someone looking objectively may well decide it WAS a pen.

Bear in mind Eduardo was hung drawn and quartered for 'diving' but when the video footage was reviewed it was decided there was nothing to show he had deceived the referee.

Er, I got news for you, Edarsedo did deceive the referee as there was no contact between him and the keeper and the referee still awarded a penalty.

You need to tie that comment in with the laws of the game Spacey.

And the official verdict was that the TV replays did not show whether contact was made or not. Not that that is relevant in deciding whether it was a penalty, although it may have some bearing on whether there was simulation. Although not necessarily so.

Fúck yes, the TV replays did show there was no contact. Jesus, were they fúcking blind?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 17:14

Gus the teenage cow

No. I was quite careful to only use examples of what you have already said or what is quite specific to the Irish side.

Not sure why you refer to bigotted grbage. You clearly have an endless enthusiam for garbage and there's no sign of any bigotry.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Nov 2009 17:14

Hand of Frog.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 19 Nov 2009 17:17

soggy biscuit Has Spacey been getting busy with Henry's Wiki entry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Thierry_Henry&oldid=326715091

I'm quite disappointed that whoever did it didn't do any more after the amusing summary.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:22

Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow

No. I was quite careful to only use examples of what you have already said or what is quite specific to the Irish side.

Not sure why you refer to bigotted grbage. You clearly have an endless enthusiam for garbage and there's no sign of any bigotry.

well maybe you should be more careful or people will realise you are full of shite

please find the post where i demanded a replay because as you claim you are using examples of what I have already said.

Go on then, find where I said that or we'll all know you're a bullshitter who puts words in peoples' mouths to suit your argument

oh and any reference to a famine that was the greatest tragedy in the country's history = bigoted, why mention it? no relevance at all
Last edited by Gus the teenage cow on 19 Nov 2009 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2009 17:24

Irish FA: "we want a replay"

FFA: "Sure, but we dont have any available dates until Spetember 2010"

Irish FA: "Great, see you then"

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:30

FiNeRaIn Irish FA: "we want a replay"

why would the IFA ask for a replay, that's a bit thick finerain, northern ireland were eliminated a long time ago and were not the victim of any especially dubious decisions/non-decisions

bit of self-murking there i'm afraid

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Nov 2009 17:32

Gus the teenage cow

why would the IFA ask for a replay, that's a bit thick finerain, northern ireland were eliminated a long time ago and were not the victim of any especially dubious decisions/non-decisions

:?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 30,00.html

Irish FA requests replay

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2009 17:33

Gus the teenage cow

See TBM's post for your pudding. :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 Nov 2009 17:34

Gus the teenage cow
Sun Tzu
Gus the teenage cow
please find the post where i demanded a replay because as you claim you are using examples of what I have already said

For the hard of thinking I refer you to my post where I quite clearly stated I was talking about things YOU had said or things directlyu relevant to the Irish situation. Liam Brady has been all over the news talking about replays. He seems a reasonable person to use as an example of the Irish reaction.

Gus the teenage cow oh and any reference to a famine that was the greatest tragedy in the country's history = bigoted, why mention it? no relevance at all

Second biggest tragedy now I believe....

And if you aren;t sure what the term 'bigot' means then you may wish to avoid using it. Although you are in severe danger of it applying to yourself.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:36

Irish FA = irish Football Association = Northern ireland's football association

FAI = Football association of Ireland = Republic of Ireland's football association

...just coz Sky Sports are as ignorant as you doesn't make you right (pretty short odds that the headline will be changed by end of day if i know my Northern friends sensitivity to such issues)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 19 Nov 2009 17:37

Gus the teenage cow Irish FA = irish Football Association = Northern ireland's football association

FAI = Football association of Ireland = Republic of Ireland's football association

...just coz Sky Sports are as ignorant as you doesn't make you right (pretty short odds that the headline will be changed by end of day if i know my Northern friends sensitivity to such issues)

But you cant blame us if we've read it from a normally reliable source

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:39

TBM
Gus the teenage cow Irish FA = irish Football Association = Northern ireland's football association

I can correct you though

In any case finerains source for that joke wasn't sky sports

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 19 Nov 2009 17:40

Gus the teenage cow
TBM

I can correct you though

Indeed you can, cos i personally thought it was the Irish FA - didn't know north and south had separate ones

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 19 Nov 2009 17:40

Handball you say?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 19 Nov 2009 17:41

By the way, not that ireland haven't qualified for the World Cup I will officially be supporting England as will a lot of my mates.

522 posts