Shorey for

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Shorey for

by CMRoyal » 24 Nov 2009 14:59

Forest on loan, apparently.

I know, nothing to do with the team. But Kebe and McAnuff might have some fun when we play them again.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Shorey for

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Nov 2009 15:04

CMRoyal I know, nothing to do with the team.

Then why not post in the correct forum?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Nov 2009 15:05

CMRoyal Forest on loan, apparently.

I know, nothing to do with the team. But Kebe and McAnuff might have some fun when we play them again.

Why? Kebe's best chance would be Shorey straining a stomach muscle while laughing at him trip over the ball.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 24 Nov 2009 15:07

Thaumagurist*
CMRoyal I know, nothing to do with the team.

Then why not post in the correct forum?

The truth is I reckon there are others like me who are interested in how our old boys are doing - especially when they return to the division we're in - but who hardly ever read any other forum. So, hopefully a few will see this and contribute before it gets moved.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 24 Nov 2009 15:18

Royalee

Why? Kebe's best chance would be Shorey straining a stomach muscle while laughing at him trip over the ball.

Thanks Royalee, you made my day! Haven't laughed out loud at a comment on here for ages! (Have at Bodger's drivel, but not at a Nobber's comment).

Cheers.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 24 Nov 2009 16:18

Why arent we going in for him... when he is adamant on returning later in his career. If we dont step in here, we dont deserve to be in the Championship let alone Premier League.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2009 16:38

Blue_Elm Why arent we going in for him... when he is adamant on returning later in his career. If we dont step in here, we dont deserve to be in the Championship let alone Premier League.

Why would we waste resources on him when we have Bertrand for the rest of the season and Armstrong returning to fitness?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Nov 2009 16:44

Cause Forest will have matched his wages.

He'll go to another Prem side in Jan.

Dunno why O'Neill even signed him. Had a meeting with him after just a month and said he wasn't the player he thought he was.

WTf did he think he was getting?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2009 16:45

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Dunno why O'Neill even signed him. Had a meeting with him after just a month and said he wasn't the player he thought he was.

Basically Shorey was part of a great team that made him look better than he really was. That applies to quite a few of that team.......

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Nov 2009 16:47

Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Dunno why O'Neill even signed him. Had a meeting with him after just a month and said he wasn't the player he thought he was.

Basically Shorey was part of a great team that made him look better than he really was. That applies to quite a few of that team.......

Agree. Put O'Neill thought he was getting a pacy and powerful full back, which even in the best side in the world, SHorey would never look.

I still think he's good enough for the lower end of the PRem.

Ashfordroyal

by Ashfordroyal » 24 Nov 2009 17:03

We all have a part in his downfall.
Until he played for England he was a good LB, it all went to pot after his first turn out for England.
Remember that shocking corner against Spurs in the last few minutes at ours, we desperatley needed to get the ball in the box, had them under a bit of pressure, crowd behind the players, he cleared the box and the ball went out on the other side of the pitch, untouched,
I remember saying to myself at the time, "how unfortunate for you Mr Shory, what an utter bad bit of luck".

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Nov 2009 17:51

Royalee

shut the oxf*rd up
jimmys the man, and ill defend him to the de'ath

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Nov 2009 18:05

brendywendy
Royalee

shut the oxf*rd up

Clearly he is not the man.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Nov 2009 18:16

brendywendy
Royalee

shut the oxf*rd up

I'm with you Brenders...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Nov 2009 18:18

Royalee
brendywendy
Royalee

shut the oxf*rd up

Clearly he is not the man.

ten times the man youll ever be you big nancy gaybo

played very well on saturday before going off- tackled, headed,showed strength, skill, ability, he even tracked back and everything
and thats not to mention the multiple times hes been our best player in a good performance already this season

you need to shut the oxf*rd up, before i start popping caps in asses

jimmys the oxf*rd man, end of
you hear?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 24 Nov 2009 18:23

O'Neill's purchase of Shorey was a bit of a panic buy, as their main left back had a serious injury in a pre-season friendly.

Forest are also after Gareth Bale apparantly; as for us, shirley our defensive priority is a right back rather than a left back (and even then after getting a striker in!!)

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Nov 2009 19:13

TBh nicky thought he was better than he was, he let us down for most of a season, desperate to move on, having moved on he finds he is out of favour, if he had put in the performances he was capable of we may not have got relegated. So many had poor advice around that time, won't be long before there are no players from 05/06 playing regular Premier League football.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Nov 2009 19:30

I agree. HSSS.

He was terrible in 2007-8. Still haven't forgiven him for that year.

Cookie

by Cookie » 24 Nov 2009 21:24

Ashfordroyal We all have a part in his downfall.
Until he played for England he was a good LB, it all went to pot after his first turn out for England.
Remember that shocking corner against Spurs in the last few minutes at ours, we desperatley needed to get the ball in the box, had them under a bit of pressure, crowd behind the players, he cleared the box and the ball went out on the other side of the pitch, untouched,
I remember saying to myself at the time, "how unfortunate for you Mr Shory, what an utter bad bit of luck".

You're right, I also was saddened by his lack of enthusiasm for the hoops. I naively though he owed more to the club that put him on the map.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Nov 2009 21:58

Royalee

Tbf Kebe is more likely to trip over Shorey's big head than the ball.