Gylfi on song

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gylfi on song

by The Rouge » 15 Nov 2009 02:48

1871royals
Ian Royal Half his games have been on the left wing. Stick him in the middle and he might have more chance. He has scored twice for us this season and got 4 assists.

Agreed, get rid of Marek stick Sig in the middle and bring Kebe back onto the wing.

Will give us natural width on both sides and get Sig in his correct position.

I am an understanding man but seriously - have you been watching!?!?! Most important players - Marek. McAnuff. Marek. Gylfi. Bertrand. Marek. Bertrand. Bertrand. Marek. Rasiak. McAnuff. Marek.

Open your eyes man.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Nov 2009 03:46

What he said. ^

Getting rid of Marek would be suicidal.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Nov 2009 11:33

Why on earth would anyone want to change the midield when we've finally found a decent balance....

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 Nov 2009 22:35

Needs to sort his fitness out, seems to run out of puff in Championship games with about 20 mins to go. Be nice if he stopped drifting out of position as well

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Nov 2009 13:32

Huntley & Palmer Needs to sort his fitness out, seems to run out of puff in Championship games with about 20 mins to go. Be nice if he stopped drifting out of position as well

I think the drifting is a product of being played out of position. He's not been bought up playing on the wing, and Rodgers may actually want him to come infield and get involved a bit more than he would a Kebe or McAnuff as he's a good striker of the ball and will get opportunities to score from there as well as link up well with the front two and Mateovsky.

He certainly runs of of puff though.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Nov 2009 09:07

He'll shoot
He'll score
He lives near Santa Claus

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Nov 2009 11:15

SLAMMED Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson then hit the first of his two goals with quarter of an hour gone, dancing past three defenders before finding the net from 25 metres.

:shock: Why can't he do that for us!
Perhaps the Icelandic manager tells him to play a different way or manages to give him more confidence to take those kind of shots.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 22 Nov 2009 12:04

Forbury Lion
SLAMMED Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson then hit the first of his two goals with quarter of an hour gone, dancing past three defenders before finding the net from 25 metres.

Perhaps the Icelandic manager tells him to play a different way or manages to give him more confidence to take those kind of shots.

OR the fact you're playing against extremely inferior opposition such as san marino, would give you more confidence to shoot from anywhere. If I played against a team that have never kept a clean sheet, never scored more than 1 or 2 and never won more than 1 or 2 games, then I'd be encouraging the keeper to shoot!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Nov 2009 14:22

Forbury Lion

That's a pretty shit dig at Rodgers. Gylfi's taken loads of long shots this season, scored one against Burton, scored a free kick at Pboro and has had countless other attempts from outside the box. He just hasn't had the chance to take them recently - I'd rather he used the ball like he has done rather than take pot shots which never trouble the keeper like Howard.

Ryn

by Ryn » 23 Nov 2009 08:51

He looked much better in central midfield on Saturday than he has done stuck out on the wing.

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 26 Nov 2009 21:59

Gylfi in the team of the week:
http://www.football-league.co.uk/static ... 289,00.pdf

Playing well, could have goals and assists both in double figures at the end of the season and scoring for fun for Iceland U-21s. Just turned 20 and I think he could be a real future star for Reading.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Nov 2009 22:34

IcelandicStokie Gylfi in the team of the week:

Playing well, could have goals and assists both in double figures at the end of the season and scoring for fun for Iceland U-21s. Just turned 20 and I think he could be a real future star for Reading.

+1
He's going to be a star that's for sure and I think we'll have plenty of interest in him before the season's out

Icelandic Stokie, weren't you the first to tell us about Gylfi?

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 27 Nov 2009 01:05

bcubed
IcelandicStokie Gylfi in the team of the week:

+1
He's going to be a star that's for sure and I think we'll have plenty of interest in him before the season's out

Icelandic Stokie, weren't you the first to tell us about Gylfi?

Yep, and also of the Illugason chap who flopped. I actually rated him higher at the time :oops:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Nov 2009 01:22

Keep up the good work mate, always interesting to see the view from afar and it would appear that you get word of many things before we do here through the Icelandic media.