The Great season ticket swindle

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Great season ticket swindle

by Sun Tzu » 01 Dec 2009 16:17

Terminal Boardom Womb. No-one is forcing you to read what I think. Stick me on ignore if it offends that much. Or would you rather that this was a police state where free thought and opinion were outlawed? Your choice. Put up or...

Classic !

It's the dumbest response possible to suggest someone who disagrees with you is somehow limiting your freedom of expression !

He's not trying to stop you putting your point Terminal, he's ANSWERING you on a DISCUSSION board !!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Dec 2009 16:38

Sun Tzu
Hoop Blah I agree brendy, but I can also empathise with those that feel a bit hard done by.

Sun Tzu, we're often told how well the club is managed and how budgets are set and all that goes with that. It would be perfectly feasable for the club to stipulate a maximum cost saving for adhoc sales promotions during the season.

This wouldn't need to be met if crowds were holding up and sales promotions weren't required, but it could be a ceiling for the promotions to club would market to protect the price offering involved in a ST.

Would it differ from what we have already been told though ?

And if there was a formal announcement that savings of 'up to' a certain amount would be available and then they weren't can't you just see the usual suspects bleating about how they decided not to get a ST becasue they were 'promised' certain savings and didn't get them ?
It seems people want everything done for them and in writing !
Isn't it pretty easy to look at the cost of a ST, look at the additional benefits, have a think about whether you might miss any games, factor in maybe 4 or 5 'special offers' and then decide if you want to buy ?

I can see what you're saying, and accept that some will moan, but if it's information that's provided to say "there may be sales promotions equalling a maximum of £x" its just puts it out there for people to make an informed decision and not feel a bit hard done by every time the club does something to encourage people to turn up.

ST holders should be the top priority 'customers' for the club, and they really should make an effort to keep this important group happy.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Dec 2009 16:54

Hoop Blah ST holders should be the top priority 'customers' for the club, and they really should make an effort to keep this important group happy.

Agree, although of course every person who comes to a game is also a potential STH so you need to encourage people to come along and get the bug !

I think they should develop the fringe benefits of the ST so people don;t just see it as a way of saving money. Not sure what that would entail though !!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Dec 2009 16:55

Sun Tzu
Terminal Boardom Womb. No-one is forcing you to read what I think. Stick me on ignore if it offends that much. Or would you rather that this was a police state where free thought and opinion were outlawed? Your choice. Put up or...

Classic !

It's the dumbest response possible to suggest someone who disagrees with you is somehow limiting your freedom of expression !

He's not trying to stop you putting your point Terminal, he's ANSWERING you on a DISCUSSION board !!

So he answered me ages ago in another thread. No need to go trawlling through the depths of HNA to dig up a response that no-one gives a flying one for. I have seen nothing anywhere to make me change my opinion that I believe the club takes STHs for granted. THAT, is my point. Now, if anyone wants to provide facts to suggest otherwise then please do so. What doesn't help is the regularity of special offer after special offer for match day tickets. It is this constant drip drip drip that winds me up.

I understand fully the need to get people into the stadium but I see no evidence of any thought out strategy to achieve this without alienating the STHs.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 01 Dec 2009 17:25

Terminal Boardom
Sun Tzu

Classic !

So he answered me ages ago in another thread. No need to go trawlling through the depths of HNA to dig up a response that no-one gives a flying one for. I have seen nothing anywhere to make me change my opinion that I believe the club takes STHs for granted. THAT, is my point. Now, if anyone wants to provide facts to suggest otherwise then please do so. What doesn't help is the regularity of special offer after special offer for match day tickets. It is this constant drip drip drip that winds me up.

I understand fully the need to get people into the stadium but I see no evidence of any thought out strategy to achieve this without alienating the STHs.

1. You made your point ages ago in another thread. If it's OK for you to repeat your opinion then surely it's OK for him to as well ?

2. How come you are allowed to have an opinion but you will only accept any one else's view if it is based on facts ? Would it be too much to ask for you to provide some facts that show the club take STH for granted ?

3. Given that games come in a 'drip drip' fashion how else can special offers work ? They are kind of related to games !

4. Getting people into games works two ways
- the team is succesful so people want to go, which is in the hands of BR
- the prices are attractive so people want to go, which is in the hands of the marketing team. A small number of STH will object to other people being offered a special deal for a game but how would you suggest they market things without offering special prices ? The policy has been around a long time, it seems fairly thought out but it also seems that inevitably som epeople will see it as disadvantaging them despite the fact that they made their buying choice ages ago and decided not to gamble on getting enough deals to make it cost effective to not have a ST. We all know there will be special offers, it's not a shock !

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 01 Dec 2009 18:07

Personally, I would rather see a 20,000 gate, with 5,000 having had a £5 discount, than a 15,000 gate with no-one having had a discount.

So what if someone has got a deal out of the club? As an STH, a larger crowd benefits me as the atmosphere will be better which increases my enjoyment of the game, thus increasing the perceived value of my purchase.

That having been said, what I won't be doing is renewing my ST early next season.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 01 Dec 2009 18:37

I can't get to every game- I'd love to be able to, and I think that if I were able to make every game I'd be a season ticket holder. I have taken advantage of the Crystal Palace deal, but would still have gone regardless if I'd've had to pay full price. The price of a ticket makes no difference whatsoever. Is it such a big deal? After all, your money is going direct to the club isn't it? Same reason that I buy my replica shirts from the club rather than with a tenner off from Sports Direct. I figure that way my money is going direct to the club. I guess someone is now going to point out a glaring mistake on my behalf...!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 01 Dec 2009 20:17

Mr Angry Personally, I would rather see a 20,000 gate, with 5,000 having had a £5 discount, than a 15,000 gate with no-one having had a discount.

So what if someone has got a deal out of the club? As an STH, a larger crowd benefits me as the atmosphere will be better which increases my enjoyment of the game, thus increasing the perceived value of my purchase.

That having been said, what I won't be doing is renewing my ST early next season.

Agreed.

I notice the club has just announced that STHs can bring a friend half price to the Derby game. It won't stop people whining about the Palace offer but it's better than nothing.

Having said that, I would like to see more offers and promotions for STHs in the future though or just cheaper STs. Not because rewards are what being an STH is for, but because it's nice to feel that the club appreciate the commitment we make and currently STs are - for someone who intends to go to preactically all the games on - only marginally worthwile.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2009 20:21

Dirk Gently Mods - merge this here : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94247&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a with the other threads from people lwho think that someone else's good fortune is their bad fortune.

And those who think John Madejski is taking the p*ss!

Ian Royal Self self self self self.

Yep, I'd say that pretty much describes the man!

Sun Tzu
Hoop Blah ST holders should be the top priority 'customers' for the club, and they really should make an effort to keep this important group happy.

Agree, although of course every person who comes to a game is also a potential STH so you need to encourage people to come along and get the bug !

Given the team's dire home record and performances, I would suggest there is a particularly large flaw in that marketing ploy at present!

Investing to produce a product that people actually want to buy might be an alternative approach.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Dec 2009 20:42

I hope that stuck record of yours becomes unplayable soon, because it really is getting very very boring.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 01 Dec 2009 22:42

RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently Mods - merge this here : http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94247&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a with the other threads from people lwho think that someone else's good fortune is their bad fortune.

And those who think John Madejski is taking the p*ss!

Ian Royal Self self self self self.

Yep, I'd say that pretty much describes the man!

Sun Tzu

Given the team's dire home record and performances, I would suggest there is a particularly large flaw in that marketing ploy at present!

Investing to produce a product that people actually want to buy might be an alternative approach.

Here's a thought. When next season comes around.... don't buy a season ticket. Simple eh!

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 01 Dec 2009 23:16

BUSINESS IN SHOCK "TRY TO MAKE SOME MONEY BY GETTING MORE PEOPLE TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT IN A RECESSION" MOVE!

Get over it!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 01 Dec 2009 23:44

bigmike It seems that the club are now discounting most of the games

The official site states

The Royals host Crystal Palace next Tuesday evening at 8pm, and there is £5 off every single ticket if you buy before end of play on Fri 4th Dec

Does anyone think the club are going to pass on any potential saving on to season ticket holders who have to be honest been getting fleeced by the club for years?

Looking like yet another reason not to renew season tickets

Shocking, isn't it. I bought a new camera three months ago, now the same shop has knocked it down by another £50. Bugger.

You were offered a deal, you signed up to it.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 02 Dec 2009 06:14

Terminal Boardom
Sun Tzu

Classic !

You really are quite frustrating TB, not so much because of your opinions on the issue but more for the fact that you just disregard anything anyone else says if it goes against what you think.

I didn't exactly trawl through HNA it was about 4th topic down and the last response on the Team Policies section. (A post you didn't even bother responding to it in the first place)

Did you even bother to read my post? you know, the one that lists several FACTS about the offers and benefits given to ST holders? :roll:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Dec 2009 13:36

Another benfit: For Season Ticket Holders our FA Cup match will be £15 a ticket until 9th December. Then adult tickets will be £20

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Dec 2009 13:55

Sarah Star Another benfit: For Season Ticket Holders our FA Cup match will be £15 a ticket until 9th December. Then adult tickets will be £20

Excellent. Good work RFC, they were most certainly not obliged to do this.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Dec 2009 14:02

'greed.

Family of four £40 - well played RFC.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Dec 2009 14:14

Sarah Star Another benfit: For Season Ticket Holders our FA Cup match will be £15 a ticket until 9th December. Then adult tickets will be £20

IT'S NOT FAIR, WHY SHOULD MEMBER CARD HOLDERS HAVE TO PAY £5 MORE THAN STHS! *STAMPS FEET PETULANTLY*

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Dec 2009 14:32

That Friday Feeling 'greed.

Family of four £40 - well played RFC.

I like this.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 02 Dec 2009 14:36

problem is that if you don't look after your current season ticket holders the renewal uptake will be reduced so therefore the guaranteed income in May/June will be reduced leading to higher prices for all.