Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by papereyes » 09 Dec 2009 14:28

Wycombe Royal

You said "league starts", not appearances.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=46519

So that would be 78 starts then.

HTH.

Either way, he's still the next Viera, right?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Dec 2009 14:29

papereyes
Wycombe Royal

HTH.

Either way, he's still the next Viera, right?

Of course. I'm surprised you feel the need to question that......

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 09 Dec 2009 14:30

loyalroyal4life In Kebe we have a winger who is scared to cross the ball!!!

He certainly is - and he seems scared to take people on too; he'll always play the safest ball, usually to anyone else.

It's probably risk avaoidance - don't take any risks and then thinsg are less likely to go wrong. I wonder if all the abuse he's received when things havn't gone right in the past have anything to do with this .........

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 09 Dec 2009 14:32

There are times, Dirk, when I think you grab the wrong end of the stick and insist on yanking it so hard you'll do yourself a damage.

This is one such time.

The usual 'no room for objectivity' spiel is another.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Dec 2009 14:33

Dirk Gently

He certainly is - and he seems scared to take people on too; he'll always play the safest ball, usually to anyone else.

It's probably risk avaoidance - don't take any risks and then thinsg are less likely to go wrong. I wonder if all the abuse he's received when things havn't gone right in the past have anything to do with this .........

How dare you blame the fans......... (however I agree with you, he is extremely low on confidence and is scared of losing the ball so normally takes the easy option. On one occasion yesterday when he did actually beat his man and got to the touchline it nearly paid off.)

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 14:58

Wycombe Royal

HTH.

I should have gone for appearances point taken, but Cisse's still the more experienced of the two. I'm of the opinion experience means nothing if the player isn't very good though, as is the case with this quartet.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Dec 2009 15:01

Royalee I should have gone for appearances point taken, but Cisse's still the more experienced of the two. I'm of the opinion experience means nothing if the player isn't very good though, as is the case with this quartet.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that, I was just making a point that Moses is actually quite experienced at Championship level.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Dec 2009 15:06

Royalee I honestly think he might be even worse than Michael Meaker, he's that bad. He had one good run last night into the box, but I'm convinced the only reason he was allowed that was because the defender felt sorry for him. He's thick as shit, he has the touch of a rapist, his crossing is woeful, his shooting was demonstrated with that frankly laughable attempt he rolled to their keeper in the first half, he's weak with the ball, he can't head the ball, he can't tackle. Someone should tell Madejski there are cheaper players up at Palmer Park if all you have to be to turn out on the wing for us is quick without the ball, the Athletics Club could do with the money.

Me :shock:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Dec 2009 15:11

We have a bunch of players who would not look out of place on a Sunshine Variety Coach.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 15:12

Wycombe Royal
Royalee I should have gone for appearances point taken, but Cisse's still the more experienced of the two. I'm of the opinion experience means nothing if the player isn't very good though, as is the case with this quartet.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that, I was just making a point that Moses is actually quite experienced at Championship level.

Fair enough, but then again so are Pearce and Bertrand given the amount of games they've played, which makes a mockery of brendy's 'experience' point.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2009 15:20

Wycombe Royal

To be fair though, playing first team football elsewhere would also contribute to Cisse's experience.

He's been a professional for how many seasons? Is Steve Harper not an experienced keeper?

I agree that experience in the Championship is the key value though.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Dec 2009 17:23

Terrible performance last night. Once again, we have failed to build upon a previous positive performance. The star of the show was Victor Moses who ran Jay Tabb out of the game. It showed how out of depth Tabb was in that position and how tactically wrong Rodgers was to place him there in the first place.

I believe that Jimmy Kebe has the potential to be the player Victor Moses was last night. They have similar attributes within their game. Jimmy Kebe can get past players, however the only thing he is missing out of his game, is that end product. That is what Victor Moses had last night.

Both Matejovsky and Gunnarsson looked out of it last night. Cisse only faired a bit better.
As for Federici. I sit in the North Stand and it was quite clear to me that he was at fault for three of the goals. In my view, he must be dropped.

For me, the problems at the club at the moment centre around John Madejski. His lack of investment into the club in the last year hasn't helped. However, he can't sell the club when we are in this position. He shipped out Rosenior and Harper, two players we missed last night, because he couldn't afford there wages.

O'Dea, Mills, Hamer and Robson-Kanu must all come in for the next game.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 09 Dec 2009 17:31

Dirk Gently

It's true. At the start of last season, he was playing well, beating defenders and doing good crosses. When he started making a few mistakes, he gets abuse from the likes of Strap etc. His head probably dropped after that.

He needs to rediscover his confidence and therefore we, the fans, need to help him find it. No good abusing him.

Did anyone read the STAR page in last night's programme?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 09 Dec 2009 17:36

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 03:02, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 17:38

Here's why Jimmy Kebe will never be as good as Victor Moses:

-He's weak as piss

-He has the intelligence of...actually he doesn't have any intelligence

-He has no positional awareness or sense of anticipation

-He can't shoot

-He can't pass

-He can't cross

-He can't dribble without tripping over or kicking the ball out of play

-He can't head a football

-He can't tackle

-He's lazy

Kitson for England

by Kitson for England » 09 Dec 2009 17:44

Royalee Here's why Jimmy Kebe will never be as good as Victor Moses:

-He's weak as piss

-He has the intelligence of...actually he doesn't have any intelligence

-He has no positional awareness or sense of anticipation

-He can't shoot

-He can't pass

-He can't cross

-He can't dribble without tripping over or kicking the ball out of play

-He can't head a football

-He can't tackle

-He's lazy

+1

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 09 Dec 2009 17:48

Stranded
BR2 A few comments.
Here we are back to getting thrashed at home by Palace (6-1 gave everybody the same feeling of despair as last night did) so since the Elm Park days we have really gone nowhere ON the pitch.Where were the energetic youngsters in the side that have come through the Academy as the best crop ever blah,blah,blah?
Just one started-the slowest of them all and the most experienced,Alex Pearce.

The whole thing at the club strikes me as an overhyped unprofessional mess.
Some players get the boot fairly quickly (Harper and Rosenior) but others such as Kebe and Long get chance after chance to perform but they don't perform and yet still get selected.
Jem never seems to have a bad game but gets dropped time and again.
Gylfi plays well enough out of position and gets dropped.
We always look shaky at the back and our most expensive player doesn't get a look-in,nor does the defender who was probably our best player for a month or so,O'Dea.
We play a mainly left-footed midfielder at right-back and (despite his good attempt) expect to get away with it.

It will be interesting in the transfer window whether we bring in the type of stop-gap players to fend off relegation or those that are to be part of team-building over the next 10 years.
Whether Rodgers will be trusted with the decisions I do wonder.

Whilst I find myself beginning to agree with much of your post the bolded line is fairly pointless as you've just picked two arbritary games against the same opposition.

The reason for picking that earlier Palace game and last night's was that the feeling was the same after getting dicked at home by Palace-a feeling of "where do we go from here?"

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Dec 2009 17:54

To be fair there were some games early last season when Kebe was outstanding - Swansea at home comes to mind - BUT something has gone wrong. He now seems to lack composure and confidence. He is weak in the challenge and does not deserve to be starting at the moment. I really don't understand why Henry is on loan still as he would give some competition and could not really be doing any worse and he does have a great scoring rate for a winger. Alternatively let us give RK a chance - he did well second half against Blackpool and is not really a central striker - as he was used yesterday.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 09 Dec 2009 17:58

andrew1957 BUT something has gone wrong. He now seems to lack composure and confidence.

Probably because of all the abuse coming from Royalee, Strap and Ideal.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 18:01

Thaumagurist*
andrew1957 BUT something has gone wrong. He now seems to lack composure and confidence.

Probably because of all the abuse coming from Royalee, Strap and Ideal.

I don't give him abuse at games, I shouted at him once all night yesterday when he dribbled it out of play. Strap and Ideal weren't at the game judging by the match thread, so it can't be that, can it Spacey? Maybe it's just because he's as stupid as you are. :lol:

241 posts