Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Dec 2009 18:24

Ideal
LoyalRoyalFan I believe that Jimmy Kebe has the potential to be the player Victor Moses was last night. They have similar attributes within their game. Jimmy Kebe can get past players, however the only thing he is missing out of his game, is that end product.

Ok. Two questions.
1. Are you on drugs?
2. May I have some of what you are on?

Not on Drugs. Kebe can get past players. He lacks that composure to deliver that end product, whether it would be a cross or a shoot. At the moment, he isn't anywhere near Moses. But what's to say he can't improve?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Dec 2009 18:25

Royalee
Thaumagurist*
andrew1957 BUT something has gone wrong. He now seems to lack composure and confidence.

Probably because of all the abuse coming from Royalee, Strap and Ideal.

I don't give him abuse at games, I shouted at him once all night yesterday when he dribbled it out of play. Strap and Ideal weren't at the game judging by the match thread, so it can't be that, can it Spacey? Maybe it's just because he's as stupid as you are. :lol:

On the other hand perhaps he is addicted to Hobnob and spends all his time on here and has lost all confidence as a result. This could explain everything.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Dec 2009 18:33

Pretty much agree with the things others have said, I'll just add that the crowd has been unbelieveably supportive considering the total crap they've seen dished out over the last 18 home games. Having said that I was pretty close to leaving at half time, I'm not sure I can take much of these embarassing and clueless performances.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 18:37

Royalee Here's why Jimmy Kebe will never be as good as Victor Moses:

-He's weak as piss- agreed- though hes got stronger this year

-He has the intelligence of...actually he doesn't have any intelligence- baseless rubbish- spouted by the king of it

-He has no positional awareness or sense of anticipation- this may be true- or he may have been told to play/not play in certain ways- ie he seems to never make a run when teh fb has teh ball, but waits for the fb to pass it to him and play it on- this could be the lackings you describe, or a managers directive- again you have no idea which, but just pick th eone that supports your"argument"

-He can't shoot- agreed- but thats a confidence thing- his two goals were great shots

-He can't pass- rubbish-he has passed as well as anyone at times- more down to confidence IMO

-He can't cross- rubbish-he has crossed as well as anyone at times- more down to confidence IMO

-He can't dribble without tripping over or kicking the ball out of play- utter nonsense- demonstrated loads of times
-He can't head a football- untrue- he can, and has perfectly well

-He can't tackle- totally untrue- i have seen him with my own eyes on numerous occasions

-He's lazy- judged by royalees internationally accepted standard laziness measurement and using royalees internationally accepted standard laziness measurement unit?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 18:41

Are you on crack?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 18:42

which makes a mockery of brendy's 'experience' point.

:lol: LOL@ you, you big gaylord

if you didnt love the sound of your own keyboard so much, and spend your life trying to prove others wrong to make yourself feel slightly more worthy of living

youd have realised that my "experience" point- was A: a throw away line in a post- not only that but B: it meant experienced as a whole- not in terms of the individual players ages or games but as a team- these players arent experienced with each other, or in that system, and it was this that enabled colins "experienced" team to outmuscle/fight/think us all night.

thats certainly what it looked like, and is why i made the comment

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 18:44

Royalee Are you on crack?

good come back nob face.

are you saying that kebe has never ever put in a good tackle, header or cross? you must be if you truly believe him to be incapable
if so its you who is the crack addict- which would explain alot

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 09 Dec 2009 18:45

brendywendy
Royalee Here's why Jimmy Kebe will never be as good as Victor Moses:

-He's weak as piss- agreed- though hes got stronger this year

-He has the intelligence of...actually he doesn't have any intelligence- baseless rubbish- spouted by the king of it

-He has no positional awareness or sense of anticipation- this may be true- or he may have been told to play/not play in certain ways- ie he seems to never make a run when teh fb has teh ball, but waits for the fb to pass it to him and play it on- this could be the lackings you describe, or a managers directive- again you have no idea which, but just pick th eone that supports your"argument"

-He can't shoot- agreed- but thats a confidence thing- his two goals were great shots

-He can't pass- rubbish-he has passed as well as anyone at times- more down to confidence IMO

-He can't cross- rubbish-he has crossed as well as anyone at times- more down to confidence IMO

-He can't dribble without tripping over or kicking the ball out of play- utter nonsense- demonstrated loads of times
-He can't head a football- untrue- he can, and has perfectly well

-He can't tackle- totally untrue- i have seen him with my own eyes on numerous occasions

-He's lazy- judged by royalees internationally accepted standard laziness measurement and using royalees internationally accepted standard laziness measurement unit?

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS TO YOURSELF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 18:45

i enjoy it :lol: :oops: :cry:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 18:49

brendywendy

good come back nob face.

are you saying that kebe has never ever put in a good tackle, header or cross? you must be if you truly believe him to be incapable

No, I'm saying that he only does one of these once in about ten attempts, which is totally unacceptable for a 'professional' footballer. I see players put in one or two decent tackles in Sunday League games, doesn't mean they're any good at tackling you ignoramus.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 18:58

Royalee
brendywendy

good come back nob face.

No, I'm saying that he only does one of these once in about ten attempts, which is totally unacceptable for a 'professional' footballer. I see players put in one or two decent tackles in Sunday League games, doesn't mean they're any good at tackling you ignoramus.

really? i think its much higher than 1 : 10- where are your figures and statistics to back up such ridiculous statements?

not only that but you said he Can't - tackle/shoot/head/pass
this means he cannot. which is clearly wrong, now you have back tracked to 1 in 10, or one or two. which means he can.
now oxf*rd orf, and take your jibberjabber elsewhere

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Dec 2009 19:00

and by the way- mick gooding rates him as one of our best players, and on his day as premiere league quality......

are you honestly suggesting you know more about the game/are a better picker of players than our mick?

honestly?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 19:14

brendywendy and by the way- mick gooding rates him as one of our best players, and on his day as premiere league quality......

are you honestly suggesting you know more about the game/are a better picker of players than our mick?

honestly?

No he doesn't, you're obviously incapable of hearing as well as watching.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 19:17

brendywendy
Royalee

really? i think its much higher than 1 : 10- where are your figures and statistics to back up such ridiculous statements?

this means he cannot. which is clearly wrong, now you have back tracked to 1 in 10, or one or two. which means he can.

I'm going to give up in a minute because you have to be the thickest poster on here and that's quite a statement, but if I ride a donkey at a funfair, it doesn't mean I can ride in the Grand National.

I don't expect you to know what that means because you're a complete shit for brains.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Dec 2009 19:34

brendywendy
Royalee No, I'm saying that he only does one of these once in about ten attempts, which is totally unacceptable for a 'professional' footballer. I see players put in one or two decent tackles in Sunday League games, doesn't mean they're any good at tackling you ignoramus.

Look, we all know Kebe is not a footballer. He certainly cannot tackle/shot/head/pass etc to the level required of a professional footballer - there is no argument to that, it is a statement of fact. Anyone who has watched him for 90 minutes will be able to see that. Frankly, he'd get kicked off a park pitch, so wouldn't be able to play at a lower level anyway, but fail to see the relevance. He is shite, end of story. Been with us 2 years or more, and has had 2 acceptable halves of football in that time. This was the plank who was lauded as the player to set the PREMIERSHIP alight, and keep us up!!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2009 19:40

Brendy, your love of Kebe is rather endearing in a blind-faith kind of way; are you being ironic? Takes all sorts of course, but luckily my absolute contempt for the players cancels out your implausible defence of this absolute mincer who has all the footballing intelligence of Brian Sewell. He can run - great, so could Daley Thompson and he was rubbish when he played for Reading too - and he can do stepovers - brilliant, let's sign Mr Woo to play on the other wing - but otherwise he is absolutely devoid of ability in a footballing sense. Which makes him an absolute shoo-in for a starting berth in our quite dismal line-up. We're all murked.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 19:48

strap This was the plank who was lauded as the player to set the PREMIERSHIP alight

I'd be worried if he tried to set anything alight given his intelligence, he'd probably burn himself to death.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Dec 2009 20:11

Thaumagurist*
Dirk Gently
loyalroyal4life In Kebe we have a winger who is scared to cross the ball!!!

He certainly is - and he seems scared to take people on too; he'll always play the safest ball, usually to anyone else.

It's probably risk avaoidance - don't take any risks and then thinsg are less likely to go wrong. I wonder if all the abuse he's received when things havn't gone right in the past have anything to do with this .........

It's true. At the start of last season, he was playing well, beating defenders and doing good crosses. When he started making a few mistakes, he gets abuse from the likes of Strap etc. His head probably dropped after that.

He needs to rediscover his confidence and therefore we, the fans, need to help him find it. No good abusing him.

Did anyone read the STAR page in last night's programme?

So basically Kebe just needs a hug.Ahh

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Dec 2009 20:30

Adam Federici: 'We need to stop the shots'

Yes, YOU do.

finbarr

by finbarr » 09 Dec 2009 22:43

Ark Royal
finbarr
Ark Royal I will say this yet again: THIS TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED.

50 of my English pounds say that we won't.......

Current exchange rates dictate that 30.739 of my US$ say that we will.

I realise the pound is falling faster than RFC but I think you've got muddled somewhere in your calculations. But for those convinced Reading will go down I suggest a trip to the bookies...odds are still 5 to 1 against it.

241 posts