Graham Stack
10%

Total votes: 123
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Worst Reading goalkeeper?

by papereyes » 09 Dec 2009 10:27

Millwall game and someone threw a spanner at Sheppard.

He still dropped it.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 09 Dec 2009 10:45

Simon Sheppard was pure entertainment because you never had a clue what he was going to do. Remember him coming out of his goal and clettering into Darius Wdowcyek, the ball ran free and was put in the empty net by Dwight Marshall, it was one of the funniest moments in football I have ever seen.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 09 Dec 2009 11:11

Sheppard was nothing less that frightening. Van Der Kwaak was bad, but equal to Federici. Terrible terrible keeper.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 09 Dec 2009 14:40

Sheppard by a country mile

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Dec 2009 14:46

Whore Jackie Really think Bibbo has got to take some of the flak aimed at Federici. He’s far worse this season, his strength last year was his superb distribution. That’s non-existent these days, he’s so slow it’s painful and the basic errors he keeps making should be easy to iron out, if the goalkeeping coach was earning his corn.

Is that Bibbo's fault or Rodgers' for demanding the slow build-from-the-back football that we've seen. We had wide players bombing forward last season and Fedders could pick them out. Now he's having to curb his natural enthusiasm (as are many others!) under the new regime. His instinct is being taken away when he has ball in hand.

However, he still got done over last night.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 09 Dec 2009 14:52

Sheppard, despite a wonderful bicylce kick to clear a back pass off the line away at Southend. To be fair to Sheppard, he knew he was bad, I think it was B'ham away, last game of the season when he turned round to the Reading fans and did shakey hands - like jazz hands but more shakey than jazzy

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 09 Dec 2009 14:55

Sheppard by a country mile, if only that millwall fan with the hammer had had better aim :|

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Dec 2009 14:57

Row Z Royal
Whore Jackie Really think Bibbo has got to take some of the flak aimed at Federici. He’s far worse this season, his strength last year was his superb distribution. That’s non-existent these days, he’s so slow it’s painful and the basic errors he keeps making should be easy to iron out, if the goalkeeping coach was earning his corn.

Is that Bibbo's fault or Rodgers' for demanding the slow build-from-the-back football that we've seen. We had wide players bombing forward last season and Fedders could pick them out. Now he's having to curb his natural enthusiasm (as are many others!) under the new regime. His instinct is being taken away when he has ball in hand.

However, he still got done over last night.

Fair comments.

Agree about Shep. His one decent game at Filbert Street wher even Gordon Banks with one eye could not believe that Shep was actually a professional footballer! Colgan was a blur as he was as bad as the rest of the players at the time. Fed? Looks overweight and unfit. Not agile enough. Does not command the area and looks very suspect on the basics. Tries to look too flash when he should just concentrate on being in the right place at the right time. He has pretty good reactions and does well in one on ones. This disparity would suggest a problem with maintaining concentration.

Then again, for those not bothering to read all that...

Fed is gash.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 09 Dec 2009 16:52

Sheppard for me. Shocking.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 09 Dec 2009 17:02

Clearly some folk have forgotten about Simons amazing skillz at Gilkes testimonial at EP; he was silly good that day and made up for killing Dariusz's career....

...ok, you're right, he was the worst. All is forgiven PVDK.

size 12

by size 12 » 09 Dec 2009 17:37

Colgan nearly got the vote for the 1-0 defeat at Crewe, when he kicked a backpass straight at their attacker's body to concede the only goal, but there really is only one winner of such a contest - Sheppard, who was truly awful. I'd put Jimmy Quinn ahead of him in terms of goalkeeping quality

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 09 Dec 2009 21:10

Everyone that voted Federici must have had a really bad knee-jerk reaction to last night.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 09 Dec 2009 21:21

bobbybottler
Barry the bird boggler
Royalee Sheppard for me, I don't even reckon he could get a game for San Marino's Paralympic team. I'm trying to pick out one disability he had but there are too many to choose from.

And me, still remember him running out of his goal at Elm Park straight into the back of Wdowczyk, meanwhile the ball....

I can also vaguely recall that, might have been against Luton.

Despite some strong competition Sheppard is easily the worst I've seen, special mentions for Howie's worst ever single performance by anyone ever against Wycombe and Westwood inadvertently sitting on the ball at Valley Parade.

Christ. :roll:

it was against luton, my son was mascot that day, surname Palmer, the other mascot suname, huntley! total coincidence.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 09 Dec 2009 21:31

John Pratt should be added to this list,well named

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Dec 2009 21:49

Sorry, you're all wrong. I give you

GARY PHILLIPS

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 09 Dec 2009 22:26

Terminal Boardom Agree about Shep. His one decent game at Filbert Street wher even Gordon Banks with one eye could not believe that Shep was actually a professional footballer!

Great day out though. I think Shep was MOM and Dylan Kerr scored with a pile driver. First game v McGhee I think?

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 09 Dec 2009 22:46

Like a few others i remember the game against Luton when Sheppard clattered into Darius and missed the ball, he was the worst goalie by a mile but i do rememeber a wonder save he pulled off away at Leicester in another game that has been mentioned in this thread. Sure it was Andy Bernal who scored for us? 1-1 full time score?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 10 Dec 2009 22:52

dobcheck Sure it was Andy Bernal who scored for us? 1-1 full time score?

Indeed, I stand corrected. It was Bernal.

Ginger_Blitz

by Ginger_Blitz » 10 Dec 2009 23:22

Sheppard for me.

(Hammond should not be on the list - was an excellent keeper when fit.)

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 10 Dec 2009 23:53

Just seen just how far Fed was off his near post on the video for goal 2. Unbelievable and inexcusabe in the circumstances..he was anticipating a cross (or his positional sense is truly shocking)... .so he gets the vote I think.I sit level with where he was so it was hard to see live....but I have watched the video several times in a state of shock.