BR Leaves Club

507 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BR Leaves Club

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Dec 2009 19:37

JoebyRFC Coppell :lol: and Ferguson is just another young rising manager with no proven record in the Championship

Paul Hart , unless the false hoops nab him -otherwise its got to be Ferguson, but with Egoman. and his cloth cutting, he may put his grapefeeder in charge :D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Dec 2009 19:38

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch Good knowledge Winchester. I hoped it was true when I read it last night!

He had to get something right this year........

I've now joined the likes if boobies and gav. 8)

LOL made my day that!! I have no doubt the club has done the right thing. Does "mutual consent" mean only a bit of compo then?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Dec 2009 19:38

Big McC Just found out, and both shocked and feel sorry for BR. Sadly, he had everything stacked against him. Timing's poor (esp. in realtionship to January transfer window) - should have been done much sooner or not for a while.

Best time, surely?

New manager has time to asses current squad and sort some deals out in January.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 19:39

SteveRoyal oxf*rd.
I can't help but think we've shot ourselves in the foot now.
Who are we going to bring in?
Will they play the young players?
Will they get the most out of McAnuff, Rasiak, etc.?
Also, will the new manager change captains etc.?
oxf*rd

You might just have something there!

That will teach you to think in football rather than Madejski football terms!

Won't even have the players' friend, the physio, for any continuity after Xmas!

Platypuss
Big McC Just found out, and both shocked and feel sorry for BR. Sadly, he had everything stacked against him. Timing's poor (esp. in realtionship to January transfer window) - should have been done much sooner or not for a while.

Best time, surely?

New manager has time to asses current squad and sort some deals out in January.

Not that much time he doesn't. And once he's done that he's still got to force Madejski's wallet open. And if he's told to sell before he buys........ well we've seen the success of that before haven't we!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 16 Dec 2009 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:39

winchester_royal What this decision will do is unite the fan base again, however briefly it'll last.

ANother good point.

It'll be easier to get behind the team to try and lift them and the new man in will get a lot of support, if only initially. It is now obvious to all fans we're in a relegation fight. That should hopefully rouse us. It's been disbelief at the situation and assuming we'll turn it round that has partially screwed us so far.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Dec 2009 19:40

Spud Gun Christmas has come early!! :lol:

Brendan wont be missed by the majority. In 10 years time I think we will all struggle to remember who that sh*t bloke was who followed the legendary Steve Coppell ...

You'll still recognise him as he'll be working in one of the hotdog vans

Winvey

by Winvey » 16 Dec 2009 19:41

Am a bit sad about this but now very excited. I wanted Rodgers to do well but didn't like that little touch of arrogance about him.

We'll get a manager who is currently unattached - hopefully Curbishley or Ferguson. Hope that McAnuff still performs as well as he has recently, for the new manager.

If Rodgers has gone I would think that Austin and Lampard have gone with him.

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 16 Dec 2009 19:41

LOL made my day that!! I have no doubt the club has done the right thing. Does "mutual consent" mean only a bit of compo then?[/quote]

No..mutual consent means a massive wedge a la Tommy Burns...and Sir Mad saying what a gentleman the manager really was

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 16 Dec 2009 19:42

Archie's penalty
Spud The best news I could have heard before christmas as he was the only manager in 35 years of following RFC of whom had driven me too stop going to home games despite being a a STH, I just could'nt face it anymore.

Any particular reason Spud?

His big-mouth comments?

If I'm honest I would say, for a bloke I use to drink in the royals rendezvous with, he was arrogant beyond his ability, maybe it was the chosen one hype and took waaay too long to sort out his best starting 11 and even then he didn't bet it right, but I think the Tommy Smith saga clinched it, he should have kept his trap shut.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Dec 2009 19:42

Pretty shocked about this, particularly as I only found out about it when a Norwich fan phoned me to tell me.

Feel a bit sorry for Brendan, but probably was a bit out of his depth as others have said. We probably need someone a bit tougher now.

Though i have to say, Paul Hart and Darren Ferguson have just come out of other crisis clubs, we could at least do with someone who's had a bit of recent success.

C'est la vie.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Dec 2009 19:44

JM has gone up in my estimation then if he has paid a nice wedge to get rid of him. Mind you the amount of bloody consultants etc he's got, will probably cost less long term anyway!!

I wonder how much Lampard was on?

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 16 Dec 2009 19:44

Ideal
winchester_royal What this decision will do is unite the fan base again

+1!

Everyone will stop arguing about Rodgers, JM and money, and be focussed on who the new manager is, is he going to sign anyone, etc.

Yep. We shall be united again for approximately 5 games :lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Dec 2009 19:45

Winvey Am a bit sad about this but now very excited. I wanted Rodgers to do well but didn't like that little touch of arrogance about him.

We'll get a manager who is currently unattached - hopefully Curbishley or Ferguson. Hope that McAnuff still performs as well as he has recently, for the new manager.

If Rodgers has gone I would think that Austin and Lampard have gone with him.

Bloody hope so - Still not convinced that Lampard was committed to club, and was more interested in what Junior was doing, hence his attednance at Chelsea games when he should have been at ours!

mad79

by mad79 » 16 Dec 2009 19:45

The whole year inn
Spud Gun Christmas has come early!! :lol:

Brendan wont be missed by the majority. In 10 years time I think we will all struggle to remember who that sh*t bloke was who followed the legendary Steve Coppell ...

You'll still recognise him as he'll be working in one of the hotdog vans

He will be the one with the tank top talking crap
Last edited by mad79 on 16 Dec 2009 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

philM

by philM » 16 Dec 2009 19:45

So who do you think instigated this departure?

Did SJM get rid of BR to allow a new manager enough time to plan for January etc?

Or did BR quit, maybe because he was told he wasn't getting any funds?

Right now there isn't any evidence either way.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 16 Dec 2009 19:46

Stunned to be honest.

First reaction is to feel sorry for a man who clearly gave everything he had and was trying to plant the seeds for a new cycle of success. Sadly it just wasn't going for him and in the last few games some bizzare tactical gaffes put us back into a position that we were after the QPR game. Despite that I would have kept him and given him the season, though I understand why it's been done now. Good luck to him I say and maybe one day down the road he can come back.

So...right move, right time? phook knows, but as others have said, on paper this gives the new manager a chance to take a good look at the players/staff in time for January.

I cannot possibly believe that they've done this without a new manager in mind....

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 16 Dec 2009 19:47

philM So who do you think instigated this departure?

Did SJM get rid of BR to allow a new manager enough time to plan for January etc?

Money, I reckon.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Dec 2009 19:48

Percy's Rocket LOL made my day that!! I have no doubt the club has done the right thing. Does "mutual consent" mean only a bit of compo then?

No..mutual consent means a massive wedge a la Tommy Burns...and Sir Mad saying what a gentleman the manager really was[/quote]

Mutual consent is keep your mouth shut about the goings on and heres a stack on money!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Dec 2009 19:48

philM

Who cares? The most important thing for the future of this club is that he is gone.

Keeping him on until the end of the season risked destroying the progress we had made over the past 6 years or so..

philM

by philM » 16 Dec 2009 19:48

Arnie_Pie
philM So who do you think instigated this departure?

Money, I reckon.

I'm thinking that too. Seems strange to wait until today if the result on sat was the last chance/decider.

507 posts