BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lack of encouragement from the Board

by Thaumagurist* » 17 Dec 2009 15:07

I would still think it's a good thing for the future, not necessarily now, in these recession times....

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Dec 2009 15:08

Mad Dog's Ghost I suspect occupancy rates are not particularly high given the current financial climate and the increased local competition from the recently opened Hilton.

Just like Sir John's foray into property development, the hotel expansion is very unfortunately timed.

Same could be said of his continued involvement with the money pit that is RFC (or any other League club for that matter)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Dec 2009 17:43

its the only bit of RFC that makes money innit?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Dec 2009 17:56

Maybe we should sell it to the Premier Inn chain of hotel, so we can say that at least our hotel is in the Premiership?

zummerset

by zummerset » 17 Dec 2009 18:13

I stay at the hotel quite a bit - its really nice and like want to support the club rather than the Holiday Inn.

Clearly none of you critics of SJM have run anything larger than a tombola. Balancing the crazy aspirations of fans, player demands, balancing the books and not doing a Watford takes some skill. Lots of nobbers act like spoilt brats screaming 'I want I want' in exchange for their ticket money but running a multi million pound business, keeping hundreds of people employed (paying taxes and their mortgages) and planning Reading FC's future takes more than the average joe can even think of.

We may not all like the decisions that are made but thank god we have an astute chairman rather than the jokers that some clubs put up with. Happy Christmas SJM!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Dec 2009 18:18

'greed

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Dec 2009 18:20

Unless there is a big change in football this is the only way to run a club at this level 2 seasons after relagation from the Prem.

Another manager will do a better job of it than BR did.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2009 18:36

zummerset I stay at the hotel quite a bit - its really nice and like want to support the club rather than the Holiday Inn.

Clearly none of you critics of SJM have run anything larger than a tombola.
We may not all like the decisions that are made but thank god we have an astute chairman rather than the jokers that some clubs put up with. Happy Christmas SJM!

Actually you are very wrong there. And this Madejski Midas touch? Fact or Fiction?!

PL Ambition etc. etc. bullshyte, misleading and some might say bordering on the dishonest.

Astute??

Sod Happy Christmas - Clear off Scrooge!!

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Dec 2009 18:39

RoyalBlue
zummerset I stay at the hotel quite a bit - its really nice and like want to support the club rather than the Holiday Inn.

Clearly none of you critics of SJM have run anything larger than a tombola.

Actually you are very wrong there. And this Madejski Midas touch? Fact or Fiction?!

PL Ambition etc. etc. bullshyte, misleading and some might say bordering on the dishonest.

Astute??

Sod Happy Christmas - Clear off Scrooge!!

How would you do things different.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Dec 2009 21:01

Ideal Smoking Kills, there's no point in arguing with that guy. He's in the Royalee "we love Rodgers, hate JM" camp. Him, that guy Super Kevin Bremner, ROKERITE, as well as that other guy whose name I forget have all been going bananas since Rodgers got sacked, and are basicly just venting. They are angry and venting, and nothing they say really make much sense.

Thing is Ideal, the sad oxf*rd who appointed BR IS STILL HERE AND STILL IN CHARGE OF MAKING IMPORTANT DECISIONS.If the rumours are true and he was removed because of a row over transfer funds then fair play to BR. The real facts are that this club is being run by a lame duck chairman who refuses to invest any more into the club. He has a business empire crumbling around his ankles and the last thing he needed was a whipper-snapper of a football person asking him for money.

This is the time for SJM to sell and sell now OR share the load with another investor or 3.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 17 Dec 2009 21:10

Ideal Smoking Kills, there's no point in arguing with that guy. He's in the Royalee "we love Rodgers, hate JM" camp. Him, that guy Super Kevin Bremner, ROKERITE, as well as that other guy whose name I forget have all been going bananas since Rodgers got sacked, and are basicly just venting. They are angry and venting, and nothing they say really make much sense.

He said, venting heavily from every oriface.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Dec 2009 21:14

Terminal Boardom

Thing is Ideal, the sad oxf*rd who appointed BR IS STILL HERE AND STILL IN CHARGE OF MAKING IMPORTANT DECISIONS.If the rumours are true and he was removed because of a row over transfer funds then fair play to BR. The real facts are that this club is being run by a lame duck chairman who refuses to invest any more into the club. He has a business empire crumbling around his ankles and the last thing he needed was a whipper-snapper of a football person asking him for money.

This is the time for SJM to sell and sell now OR share the load with another investor or 3.

I really believe that the squad we have with the right manager and coaching staff along with just a few additions can go place over the next 3 - 4 years. A couple of seasons of consolidation, then we should have a base to push on from. The squad we have has underperformed under BR imo.

We'll find out the truth either way over the next month...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Dec 2009 21:22

Terminal Boardom

I really believe that the squad we have with the right manager and coaching staff along with just a few additions can go place over the next 3 - 4 years. A couple of seasons of consolidation, then we should have a base to push on from. The squad we have has underperformed under BR imo.

We'll find out the truth either way over the next month...

Who pays for this? Where is the money coming from?

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 17 Dec 2009 21:42

Dear stats.

Can we see the see how much football clubs have spent in there first and second season after being relegated with money spent on players and players being sold if its not to much to ask.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Dec 2009 21:44

Like I said we'll find out.

Maybe he is that skint....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Dec 2009 22:03

Terminal Boardom

You've changed your tune.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2009 22:15

And once again the tight arsed Ego comes out with this sort of ******!

"Q Whoever comes in, will they have funds to lift the club up the table?
A We've got one of the largest squads in the division and some very good players. What we need now is time for reflection, to look at what we have and what we might want."

Cloud cuckoo land Madesjki!! A large squad possibly but mainly populated by players who have already proven that they don't (at present) have the quality required to succeed in this division. What's more it is desparately lacking in quality proven goalscorers. You say "people at this club have a great deal of football knowledge" but despite that knowledge and what they have seen so far this season, they still haven't worked out what we have and what we might want??!!

As for 'mutual consent'. If it was so damn mutual how come you describe it as: "one of the hardest decisions I had to make." "All I can say is I'm a very sad Chairman, it's one of the saddest things I've had to do because he's a straightforward, nice guy." Not only Scrooge but with a bit of Uriah Heep thrown in too! Do you really think people are that stupid. At least have the balls to admit you pushed him when he didn't really want to go. But, of course, it was a Board decision wasn't it because 'I never make a unilateral decision.'

If you say so Sir.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Dec 2009 22:28

To fully appreciate what Madejski has gained from RFC, you must also look at his knighthood, his honorary degree, several other awards which he wouldn't have been able to attain with such ease otherwise, and of course his celebrity persona. Now there is nothing left for him to gain personally, he's pulled the plug.

shoey

by shoey » 17 Dec 2009 22:33

boring boring boring, we dont need a massive budget, look @ our academy we pump into and the cheap signings we made to get us to the prem, we need a decent manager who knows the market and doesnt buy shit like cummings etc,
plus on the point, madejski cuts his cloth according so we dnt end up like watford!! and he has overseen the club over a long period and brang unfounded success, so I would actually trust him more.
I neva liked the rodgers appoinment, neva took to him, could see why we went for him but it didnt work out alla burns.
But who says our next manager wont do a coppell.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Dec 2009 22:37

Get our of our club
Ger out of our clubbbbbbb
You greedy toff bastard
Get out of our club

188 posts