BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by Tamworth_Royal » 18 Dec 2009 23:34

Ideal TR, what do you want him to say then?
If he said "Rodgers was incompetent, and wasted the money we gave him" he would not exactly be putting himself in a great position for negotiating BR's compensation package, now would he?

And with regards to the money-issue, he is already admitting that "the cloth has been cut", so what else do you want him to say?

I think some of you expect too much.

Simple Ideal, look at the front page of my original thread posted 2 months ago and look at the comments Madejski’s made in that two month period.

Large squad LOLOL Quality LOLOLOL Nicky Hammond still DOF LOLOLOLOLOL

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Dec 2009 04:19

Tamworth_Royal
If he said "Rodgers was incompetent, and wasted the money we gave him" he would not exactly be putting himself in a great position for negotiating BR's compensation package, now would he?

And with regards to the money-issue, he is already admitting that "the cloth has been cut", so what else do you want him to say?

Simple Ideal, look at the front page of my original thread posted 2 months ago and look at the comments Madejski’s made in that two month period.

And that completes the case for the prosecution, m'lud.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 19 Dec 2009 09:45

John Madejski has previously said the hotel was expected to bring in £1,000,000 a year. So I assume the 'credit crunch' has hit estimated profits by around 50%.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Dec 2009 10:25

Tamworth_Royal Sorry Strap can’t see where you coming Mate, the cost of a £17m Hotel making £500k a year that’s 34 years to make a profit, add to the £17m over 34 years repairs, refurbishment (Most hotels need total overalls after 5 years) then your adding years and years to the 34 years break even.

However the Premier League offers £30m minimum cash guaranteed every season( Christ knows how much 30 years on SKY will be paying, )…………sorry can’t see why an Ivory towers Chairman’s room / Hotel is a good investment.
Instant TV Revenue V Joe public Hotel room rates …………naaaaaaa

The hotel is making a profit in a recession, that is quite impressive and there is a big chance that the profits will increase as the economy grows again and companies lift travel restrictions and so on.

Yes you get £30m from being in the Premiership but the costs go up astronomically so you don't see much of that as a profit and if you want to give yourself a big chance of having that money every season then you will need to spend all that £30m and more on the playing squad and even then there is still a decent chance you will get relegated.

The hotel was a good investment as it provides another revenue stream for the club and one that has a lot more chance of happening every year and doesn't require massive investment to maintain it either.

By your thoughts every club should be making loads of money on the Premiership, but in reality...........

Jimmy the Tree

by Jimmy the Tree » 19 Dec 2009 11:48

And don't forget the hotel is an asset, it doesn't need to repay an building costs, it just has to exist.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 19 Dec 2009 14:47

Jimmy the Tree And don't forget the hotel is an asset, it doesn't need to repay an building costs, it just has to exist.
:idea:

readingFTW

by readingFTW » 22 Dec 2009 22:53

My knowledge of Reading is probably inferior to the most of the members in this post, but my impression of Sir John Madejski is that he is a chairman without ambition. There are alegations that there were disputes between him and Brendan Rodgers over transfer budget allowances, so he is unwilling to back a manager which he had chosen - being a chairman, you either back a manager fully, or not back him at all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2009 22:54

JM did not support him

so sacked him

It was simple as it gets I'm afraid

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Dec 2009 23:21

readingFTW My knowledge of Reading is probably inferior to the most of the members in this post, but my impression of Sir John Madejski is that he is a chairman without ambition. There are alegations that there were disputes between him and Brendan Rodgers over transfer budget allowances, so he is unwilling to back a manager which he had chosen - being a chairman, you either back a manager fully, or not back him at all.

My initial thoughts were that there was some kind of disagreement - and I said so at the time. But my understanding now is that there wasn't one, in fact, and that what happened last week was the culmination of a process which started quite a while ago.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2009 23:25

and Brendans replacement process? when did that start?

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 22 Dec 2009 23:56

Wycombe Royal
Tamworth_Royal Sorry Strap can’t see where you coming Mate, the cost of a £17m Hotel making £500k a year that’s 34 years to make a profit, add to the £17m over 34 years repairs, refurbishment (Most hotels need total overalls after 5 years) then your adding years and years to the 34 years break even.

However the Premier League offers £30m minimum cash guaranteed every season( Christ knows how much 30 years on SKY will be paying, )…………sorry can’t see why an Ivory towers Chairman’s room / Hotel is a good investment.
Instant TV Revenue V Joe public Hotel room rates …………naaaaaaa

The hotel is making a profit in a recession, that is quite impressive and there is a big chance that the profits will increase as the economy grows again and companies lift travel restrictions and so on.

Yes you get £30m from being in the Premiership but the costs go up astronomically so you don't see much of that as a profit and if you want to give yourself a big chance of having that money every season then you will need to spend all that £30m and more on the playing squad and even then there is still a decent chance you will get relegated.

The hotel was a good investment as it provides another revenue stream for the club and one that has a lot more chance of happening every year and doesn't require massive investment to maintain it either.

By your thoughts every club should be making loads of money on the Premiership, but in reality...........

Is it? The last figures that are publically available that I am aware of do indeed show a profit, but they are from a period before the recession. They are also before the several new hotels in and around Reading came on stream.

My understanding is that room occupancy rates and resturant covers have plummeted at the MM hotel.

But, if you have published figures that show otherwise, I would be very, very interested to see them.

BTW the hotel does not provide a revenue stream for the club, but only for the holding company, into which both MM hotel and RFC Ltd's P&l figures are combined. I am not aware that any monies gererated by the Hotel have contributed in any way to the football club. Or perhaps you know better?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:50

Arch
Tamworth_Royal

And that completes the case for the prosecution, m'lud.

Hammond........... if he didn't nudge MADMAN to sack Rodgers........ has no influence in team matters or signings................. what the FACK does Hammond do or has ever done for this club ! (been here loads of times nobody yet come up with answer WHY THE FECK DOES HAMMOND GET PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 00:59

Tamworth_Royal Hammond........... if he didn't nudge MADMAN to sack Rodgers........ has no influence in team matters or signings................. what the FACK does Hammond do or has ever done for this club ! (been here loads of times nobody yet come up with answer WHY THE FECK DOES HAMMOND GET PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have looked very hard - I've posted the below at least twice in the last couple of weeks, and words to the same effect multiple times before.....

Dirk Gently He's {Nicky Hammond] not a D of F like Wise was at Newcastle, where it failed so spectacularly because they tried to have the D of F as the next level "up" from the manager. Ours isn't like that in the slightest.

You have to put it in the context that we have a Chairman who is very hands-off, and by his own admission does not know enough about football to get involved on a day-to-day basis. So Nicky Hammond is the "link" between the chairman, the management board
and the manager. He talks to agents and players and negotiates contracts etc, working within a budget set from the top, and only dealing with players selected by the manager. So while you seem to think that he has a source of great power and decision-making, in reality he is much more of a facilitator, working on behalf of the manager to make things happen. Manager says who he wants and NHa either makes it happen, gives the reasons why he can't or goes to SJM to get the money. No great power there, despite your "obviously" ....

The traditional English football model is that it's either the manager or the Chairman who does all the contract negotiations (depending on which club it is) - we have a chairman who's too busy and lacks the knowledge to do it himself, and in SC we had a manager who wasn't interested in all that paperwork and negotiating and who wanted to be free to manage, so it makes perfect sense to have someone in the club whose role this is. Otherwise you get the manager being constantly hounded by agents. Some managers love it, we prefer to have someone employed to deal with that side of it all.

As it happens, within football clubs we are one of the few which has made the D of F role work, so much so that other clubs have used our D of F job description as a "best practice" when appointing their own. .....

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:39

Dirk Gently
Tamworth_Royal Hammond........... if he didn't nudge MADMAN to sack Rodgers........ has no influence in team matters or signings................. what the FACK does Hammond do or has ever done for this club ! (been here loads of times nobody yet come up with answer WHY THE FECK DOES HAMMOND GET PAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't have looked very hard - I've posted the below at least twice in the last couple of weeks, and words to the same effect multiple times before.....

Dirk Gently He's {Nicky Hammond] not a D of F like Wise was at Newcastle, where it failed so spectacularly because they tried to have the D of F as the next level "up" from the manager. Ours isn't like that in the slightest.

You have to put it in the context that we have a Chairman who is very hands-off, and by his own admission does not know enough about football to get involved on a day-to-day basis. So Nicky Hammond is the "link" between the chairman, the management board
and the manager. He talks to agents and players and negotiates contracts etc, working within a budget set from the top, and only dealing with players selected by the manager. So while you seem to think that he has a source of great power and decision-making, in reality he is much more of a facilitator, working on behalf of the manager to make things happen. Manager says who he wants and NHa either makes it happen, gives the reasons why he can't or goes to SJM to get the money. No great power there, despite your "obviously" ....

The traditional English football model is that it's either the manager or the Chairman who does all the contract negotiations (depending on which club it is) - we have a chairman who's too busy and lacks the knowledge to do it himself, and in SC we had a manager who wasn't interested in all that paperwork and negotiating and who wanted to be free to manage, so it makes perfect sense to have someone in the club whose role this is. Otherwise you get the manager being constantly hounded by agents. Some managers love it, we prefer to have someone employed to deal with that side of it all.

As it happens, within football clubs we are one of the few which has made the D of F role work, so much so that other clubs have used our D of F job description as a "best practice" when appointing their own. .....

Been in Dubai don't read that much on here because same old same defend Madejski. Those in the wise have known for years the Madman has killed the club since 2005 well no since 1999/2000 really, after he named a building after himself and from that day on he felt job done. Since then he’s spent the clubs income on hotel and HIS penthouse and murdered the football club next door. How embarrassing this bloke even gets his PR people to get him to pronounce too the people of Reading http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2063 ... _christmas I stand here with folded arms you paupers and announce I wish you a merry Christmas well Madejeski your not Jesus, a Prime Minister or Royalty, come to think of it………your nothing you’re a nobody like me !, apart from the fact I have one on you………. I’ve SUPPORTED this club as a FAN for over 30 years and give a feck as to what’s happening at Reading Football Club Est 1871 what’s your excuse Madejski ?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 29 Dec 2009 01:54

Tamworth - don't get crazy drunk before posting on internet forums, it'll be better for everyone.

For the record, unless you are an Al Maktoum, you probably don't 'have one on' Madejski.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Dec 2009 01:56

What a post that was by Tamworth *Applauds* :wink:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 29 Dec 2009 02:35

prostak Tamworth - don't get crazy drunk before posting on internet forums, it'll be better for everyone.

For the record, unless you are an Al Maktoum, you probably don't 'have one on' Madejski.

You're about to be informed that Tammy never drinks.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2009 11:05

Tamworth_Royal How embarrassing this bloke even gets his PR people to get him to pronounce too the people of Reading http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2063 ... _christmas I stand here with folded arms you paupers and announce I wish you a merry Christmas well Madejeski your not Jesus, a Prime Minister or Royalty, come to think of it………your nothing you’re a nobody like me !, apart from the fact I have one on you………. I’ve SUPPORTED this club as a FAN for over 30 years and give a feck as to what’s happening at Reading Football Club Est 1871 what’s your excuse Madejski ?

My god! I hadn't seen that. It is absolutely gross and says so much about the person, as does the fact that he appears in the same article as the name beneath him. To me very similar characters, so little wonder they fell out big time.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2009 11:08

Oh WTF how can anyone get upset about the guy wishing people a Merry Xmas.

Some people seem to have a very tenuous grip on reality.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Dec 2009 13:18

Hang on a sec Stranded... let's look at what the quote actually was:

Reading Royals chairman SIR JOHN MADEJSKI said: “Wishing everybody a very Happy Christmas and I’d just like to thank everybody for all the hard work they have done during 2009.

“Let’s hope that all the extraordinary efforts we all have made will make it a better 2010. Best wishes.”

Come on, that's absolutely outrageous. I mean, how dare he?
Last edited by Royal Rother on 29 Dec 2009 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

188 posts