Madejski Out??

143 posts

Madejski out now?

Yes - Sell at whatever cost and pack your bags
60%
No - Bide your time and find a price that suits you.
40%

Total votes: 143
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Madejski Out??

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 17:42

Surely gotta be time now. I think he needs to find someone who will buy the club at face value and get out. No more of this " waiting for the right buyer for the right price", sell it for as high as he can and even if that means not meeting his own ridiculous asking price. Quite frankly I don't care who comes in anymore, whether it be an arab, local businessman or yank - I really don't care. Get out, you are destroying our club.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Madejski Out??

by PEARCEY » 28 Dec 2009 17:45

I'd like to see him go but I doubt it will happen until he accepts a more realistic price. I would question whats been going on as he says he's wanted out for years and yet still no buyer? Whys that then?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 17:48

Yeah, agreed. He has BOUND to have been approached on a number of occasions and turned down bids, you just know how tight he is with his money. You telling me in 3/4 years of constantly claiming the clubs for sale we've had no concrete interest, righto lol.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 28 Dec 2009 17:54

He has been a good chairman for us and I think his time is up with us, but who is he going to sell to? Is there anybody interested?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 18:14

peterroyal76 He has been a good chairman for us and I think his time is up with us, but who is he going to sell to? Is there anybody interested?

Isn't he great pals with David Gold who was looking for a good, well run football club?

If he continues to cling on and take us down the table/leagues I can see a couple of new paragraphs appearing on his Wikipedia entry.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Dec 2009 18:50

LOL if you actually think that we JM can just snap his fingers and then find an owner who will be able to take us forward financially.

Billionaires do NOT grow on trees, especially at the moment.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Dec 2009 18:55

winchester_royal LOL if you actually think that we JM can just snap his fingers and then find an owner who will be able to take us forward financially.

What about the boss of Apple, they grow on trees!!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 18:59

winchester_royal LOL if you actually think that we JM can just snap his fingers and then find an owner who will be able to take us forward financially.

We don't need a billionaire ffs.

All we need is someone whose going to let us keep the money we accumulate form transfer fee's - even that would be an improvement on what madejski's done, asset strip us because his businesses are failing. He is michael knighton - get him out.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Dec 2009 19:05

Sorry John, but your time is up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 19:07

Having fun finerain?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 28 Dec 2009 19:10

Everything that he has achieved in his time here is being destroyed by his attitude towards the club. He has no interest in seeing push on, that was abundantly clear after christmas when, everyone could see we were struggling and he did nothing, and all he has done since is sell off all the familly jewels and replaced them with cheaper imitation models.

He is systematically runnning us into the ground, we are the cancer in his bank balance, he is becoming hated by the fans and in reality he has deserved this "hate figure" tag.

As for selling, there will be many limitations put on any sale primarillly the keeping of his name his ego would never let that go.

If only possible player targets over the past couple of years would have taken less pay and instead changed thier names to Madejski we might still be in the top league !!

Thde egomonster twat has to go, coz we couldn't be any worse off than we are now, the general lacks daisycal attitude of the players is just a mirror image of what the fealings are at the top of the club.

There is no way that our present team would have had the spirit, guile and determination to fight back for a 4-4 draw like peterboro did today.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2009 19:10

FiNeRaIn Surely gotta be time now. I think he needs to find someone who will buy the club at face value and get out. No more of this " waiting for the right buyer for the right price", sell it for as high as he can and even if that means not meeting his own ridiculous asking price. Quite frankly I don't care who comes in anymore, whether it be an arab, local businessman or yank - I really don't care. Get out, you are destroying our club.

So who exactly in Berkshire has a few hundred million spare - apart from the Queen and as far as I recall she is not a great football fan. Multi millionaires are not exactly ten a penny around here and whether you like it or not Sir John will continue until he either finds a rich buyer who meets his price or he leaves this mortal realm. The only choice you have is to turn up to the Madstad or not turn up to the Madstad.

madmickb

by madmickb » 28 Dec 2009 19:14

John it realy is time to go before you destroy the club you built

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 28 Dec 2009 19:47

Defo time for Mr Mad to go. He looks tired of runnung the club and it may have dawned on him that the task to achieve a sustained Premiership club is going to cost him far more than he originally thought..such as been footballs evolution where clubs are now the toys of billionaires.

He should be proud of what he achieved with the money he was prepared to put in and he certainly got his time in the media spotlight, but I hope he moves on ASAP as he just doesn't seem up to the challenge and is only going through the motions of running the club.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2009 19:50

Big Ern Defo time for Mr Mad to go. He looks tired of runnung the club and it may have dawned on him that the task to achieve a sustained Premiership club is going to cost him far more than he originally thought..such as been footballs evolution where clubs are now the toys of billionaires.

He should be proud of what he achieved with the money he was prepared to put in and he certainly got his time in the media spotlight, but I hope he moves on ASAP as he just doesn't seem up to the challenge and is only going through the motions of running the club.

We all look forward to you coming up with the millions needed as you clearly would make a better chairman.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Dec 2009 19:55

Big Ern Defo time for Mr Mad to go. He looks tired of runnung the club .

Did you mean 'running' or 'ruining'?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Dec 2009 19:56

He would do - as he understands football more than Mr Mad.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 19:58

andrew1957
Big Ern Defo time for Mr Mad to go. He looks tired of runnung the club and it may have dawned on him that the task to achieve a sustained Premiership club is going to cost him far more than he originally thought..such as been footballs evolution where clubs are now the toys of billionaires.

We all look forward to you coming up with the millions needed as you clearly would make a better chairman.

Actually the way the current incumbent is presently performing, you wouldn't need millions to be a much better chairman. It's jnot just about money, it's about good leadership (I believe some of his employees in the print industry have interesting views on that), commitment, walking the talk and sound decision making.

Given the comparatively small percentage of his disposable income that Madejski is actually putting into the club at the moment, it wouldn't need anything like a billionaire to better the offering. What's more, if we actually had someone wanting to get into the club, rather than out as Madejski is, then perhaps the banks would be more prepared to invest money in a business which Madejski and his supporters assure us is so wonderfully run and built brick by brick on such firm foundations.

joe999

by joe999 » 28 Dec 2009 20:20

Should have gone ages ago, but Hammond's interview today on BBCRB really did it for me.

"Because of the financial situation, which has been well talked about, I can't see the chairman investing in any acquisitions in January"

Pathetic. The guys just a greedy businessman.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2009 20:25

joe999 Should have gone ages ago, but Hammond's interview today on BBCRB really did it for me.

"Because of the financial situation, which has been well talked about, I can't see the chairman investing in any acquisitions in January"

Pathetic. The guys just a greedy businessman.

You don't get rich throwing money after a lost cause - and we are one now!

143 posts