514 posts
The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Madejski Out - The Protest

by The whole year inn » 30 Dec 2009 05:06

Arch
Factfinder
Thames We HAVE to organise some kind of protest fellas.

Bad idea mate.

Thames, Big Foot, and Finerain are all on a wind-up. They think it's funny, and in fairness there is a certain entertainment value in seeing where they can go with it.

They are teenagers/early 20's that have grown up with Reading always challenging for promotion, 2 years in the Premiership

Not used to the bad times, or where we are from. What state (sorry st8) we were in when JM took over

Just trust John Madejski

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by Pseud O'Nym » 30 Dec 2009 06:16

The whole year inn Another group set up by another teenager

All they have experienced is the Premier league and promotions.

Can we dump these retards off on Chelsea?

There would be a certain satisfying symmetry to that.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Dec 2009 08:03

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Dec 2009 08:12

Everything is fine, we have the best squad....

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 30 Dec 2009 08:37

Pseud O'Nym

***thumbs up emoticon***

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Dec 2009 08:53

The whole year inn
Pseud O'Nym

***thumbs up emoticon***

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 30 Dec 2009 09:35

LOL @ Protest groups.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Dec 2009 09:42

Protest @ Protest Groups.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2009 09:47

The whole year inn
Arch
Factfinder
Bad idea mate.

Thames, Big Foot, and Finerain are all on a wind-up. They think it's funny, and in fairness there is a certain entertainment value in seeing where they can go with it.

They are teenagers/early 20's that have grown up with Reading always challenging for promotion, 2 years in the Premiership

Not used to the bad times, or where we are from. What state (sorry st8) we were in when JM took over

Just trust John Madejski
It's not so much about money, it's more about how we're tired of being fed bullshit by the club - primarily coming from the mouth of SJM.

We sign Mills, Hammond says "we've been watching him for quite some time now, he's been a long-term target" and now 2 managers haven't played him. Mystery for me is there must be an appearance payment due so trying to do it on the cheap again. Get rid of him in January and his wages then promote a youth player with squad number 48 :roll: Great. Let's not forget that Madejski said "this signing is an intention of our determination to get back in the Premierleague". I can handle us being where we are, even if it does mean I barely talk to anyone for a full 2 days after seeing us get trounced in a gutless performance to the league's whipping boys. What I can't handle is Madejski saying one thing and then doing the other.

He's quick to big everything up when he wants our money (IIRC Season Tickets were still on sale when Mills was signed, hence his quote) and when the shit hits the fan, he goes into hiding only to come out again and bizarrely sack Rodgers.

I was by no means a Rodgers advocate but he had 11 points from the last 7 games leading up to his dismissal (72 points pro rata over the cause of the season) so why was he sacked then? Why not earlier on against QPR? Why sack him if you don't have a replacement waiting in the wings?

The reason why is because he wants McDermott as manager, hence why he's had half the squad come out and say "We like McDermott, we all want to play for him". Yet their performances in the 1st half vs Swansea and at Plymouth suggest that's far from the case.

If rumours are tue, Nigel Howe has been advising SJM on more football related matters rather than Nick Hammond of late. Therefore, if Madejski really does see this club as a business, he needs to take the business decision and get Hammond off the wage bill too. All part of cutting the cloth. Hammond has also made key errors in the selection of youth players when he was Academy Manager. How did we have a bright star like Charlie Austin on our books and miss out? He's now performing well for one of our arch rivals, all be it a league below but it's still the same league we now seem to be budgeting to spend the forseeable future in.

Mad£j$ki - you'r£ s£lling us down the riv£r

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Dec 2009 10:01

I do agree in the main with BF here.

I've said all along this season that if JM had said, when cutting our cloth, that we needed to do it in order to survive, particularly after he has gone, that the next couple of seasons would almost certainly be a period of transition, a small amount of money would be available to bring in some new faces, but we would have to be prudent - etc etc - I could have handled that.

But, he didn't. As BF says he (and then BR) bigged up the "pushing for promotion" shite, "this shows our ambition to get back in the premiership" etc etc, so, naturally, many of us thought he meant it - to then see your whole team decimated, to see some players purchased and not even played, to lose games like we have been, to be struggling to get out of the bottom 3 or 4 in this league - all makes it very hard to swallow and accept.

However, if JM decided to walk away now, taking what he's owed with him, we would rapidly not have a club at all - so it's the lesser of the two evils for me at this point I'm afraid. However, JM really, really should make some sort of statement to the fans about what he believes the future holds and if he's not going to do anything to stop the rot this season, he should, at the very least, tell us - then we all know where we stand. We're not going to like it, but having a team in the lower leagues is, for me, far better than the alternative - although, of course, it should never have come to this.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2009 10:14

Madejski goes on about making the club a business and his money men go on about the fans being "customers".

If I set the expectations unrealistically high to my customers and then completely under delivered, I'd be left with no customers and a very poor reputation.

I think we will certainly see one half of that kick in at the end of this season as a lot of fans simply won't renew their STH. Whether they're long standing fans who are simply too long in the tooth or fans who've had season tickets for 18-24 months; we'll still shed fans.

The difference is that compared to any other time at the Madejski Stadium, we won't really have anything new to attract in additional fans to our decreasing fan base.

This is make or break, or Madejski will be really hurt - in his pocket.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 30 Dec 2009 10:21

Some people don't learn do they? Instability is the worst thing for any club. So the hysterical lynch mob on here finally get what they want (Rodgers sacked, just as the signs of some progress were coming into view), and then when that miraculously doesn't transform things they go looking for someone else to blame. That way lies complete meltdown.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 30 Dec 2009 10:22

Madejski spent 20 years building this club up and two to knock it down. What do you expect when working with people like Nigel H he is probably the most ignorant man I have ever met and I really hope he goes the same time as Madejski and Hammond. The club is in a worrying position at the moment with a man filling his pockets to leave and the fans well down the pecking order of concern.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 30 Dec 2009 10:31

sawyers left arm The club is in a worrying position at the moment with a man filling his pockets to leave and the fans well down the pecking order of concern.

With respect, has he ever denied wanting to fill his pockets?? He's a businessman - That's what businessmen do.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 30 Dec 2009 10:32

sawyers left arm Madejski spent 20 years building this club up and two to knock it down. What do you expect when working with people like Nigel H he is probably the most ignorant man I have ever met and I really hope he goes the same time as Madejski and Hammond. The club is in a worrying position at the moment with a man filling his pockets to leave and the fans well down the pecking order of concern.

madejski is an absolute penis, but you're right, things would be much worse if he jumped ship. i don't see anything wrong with fans making it very clear that they think he is a tosser, but instead of 'sack the board', i'd rather go with 'suck my balls'.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 30 Dec 2009 10:41

Hugo no he hasn't so why do people worship him like they do? he has only ever lent the club money not invested it, he has had his two years hobnobbing with the big guns and will now run the club down IMHO. You are wasting your hard earned cash on a club with no ambition like me.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 30 Dec 2009 11:42

Very true. But where would we be if he hadn't lent that money??!! My bet is we'd be a HELL of a lot worse off.

I agree that it's a shame to see the Club in the position we currently are in, however it's clear that it's a combination of things that have led to it - The blame does not rely solely at Madejski's feet.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 30 Dec 2009 12:04

You make a couple of good points Hugo (suprisingly)

SJM has always maintained it is a business, and runs it, successfully I believe, as such.

We would certainly be far worse off without his loans, and still back at Elm park, languishing in the lower leagues.

It's not good where we are at the moment, but you can be sure that anyone connected with the club doesn't actually want to be where we are.

I believe that protests such as this are personal. If you think SJM wants to be where we are you are deluded. If I'm failing at my job at selling ice creams, no-one comes to buy them. I don't make any money, so I look for a way to improve. I don't think that a bunch of kids shouting abuse at me is going to do anything to make me think they are nothing but ignorant.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Dec 2009 12:32

sawyers left arm Hugo no he hasn't so why do people worship him like they do? he has only ever lent the club money not invested it, he has had his two years hobnobbing with the big guns and will now run the club down IMHO. You are wasting your hard earned cash on a club with no ambition like me.

If you assume that you want to "invest" in something, you would aslo assume that you would like your investment back (othjerwise it's a gift). The two most appropriate ways of performing this are to buy shares or to provide loans.

Buying shares means that you get your return on investment via dividends. But these can only be paid once the prev ious losses have been cleared.
Loans mean that you can get your return more easily.
Both are investments

SJM has done both. The fact that the money went in as 'loans' is irrelevant since at the time that he put up the money in the first place there was absolutely no guarantee he would see any of it back.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 30 Dec 2009 12:39

Franchise FC - Please stop posting this type of sensible, thought-out, knowledgeable drivel on this board.

You'll get no thanks you know.

:wink:

514 posts