JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

514 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Madejski Out - The Protest

by Franchise FC » 30 Dec 2009 12:41

Ozymandias Franchise FC - Please stop posting this type of sensible, thought-out, knowledgeable drivel on this board.

You'll get no thanks you know.

:wink:

It's the season of good-will and all that.
I can go back to thoughtless, mindless cr@p next week
:wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Dec 2009 12:45

Big Foot considering getting a "Mad£j$ki, you are $£lling us down the riv£r...." banner constructed.
If you cut the cloth accordingly you will just be left with "Mad".

How about a cloth cutting protest, Everyone cut up an old cloth and throw it on the pitch.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Dec 2009 12:52

Franchise FC
sawyers left arm Hugo no he hasn't so why do people worship him like they do? he has only ever lent the club money not invested it, he has had his two years hobnobbing with the big guns and will now run the club down IMHO. You are wasting your hard earned cash on a club with no ambition like me.

If you assume that you want to "invest" in something, you would aslo assume that you would like your investment back (othjerwise it's a gift). The two most appropriate ways of performing this are to buy shares or to provide loans.

Buying shares means that you get your return on investment via dividends. But these can only be paid once the prev ious losses have been cleared.
Loans mean that you can get your return more easily.
Both are investments

SJM has done both. The fact that the money went in as 'loans' is irrelevant since at the time that he put up the money in the first place there was absolutely no guarantee he would see any of it back.
Part of the reason for the cash being loans as opposed to a gift is down to the fact JM does not own 100% of Reading FC shares and therefore any repayment of gifts via share dividents would see the other shareholders reaping the rewards of the chairmans investment. As things stand, Any profits are used to repay loans so JM quite rightly gets the lot.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 30 Dec 2009 12:56

Yeah, sack 'em all now. It's the only way, yeah. Let's do it - whooo!

And when they're all gone in your palace revolution, what then me old son?

This thing called capitalism - it's all about rich folk making more money and becoming even richer. Madejski is no different to any of the other rich folk out there. Get another one in, and he/she/it will be exactly the same - whether they have more or less money than Madejski.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 30 Dec 2009 13:00

Very near...far away This thing called capitalism - it's all about rich folk making more money and becoming even richer. Madejski is no different to any of the other rich folk out there. Get another one in, and he/she/it will be exactly the same - whether they have more or less money than Madejski.

Incorrect. Capitalism is how Madejski is a self made multi millionaire so I don't get your "only makes the rich richer" point at all

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 30 Dec 2009 13:02

Big Foot
Very near...far away This thing called capitalism - it's all about rich folk making more money and becoming even richer. Madejski is no different to any of the other rich folk out there. Get another one in, and he/she/it will be exactly the same - whether they have more or less money than Madejski.

Incorrect. Capitalism is how Madejski is a self made multi millionaire so I don't get your "only makes the rich richer" point at all

Well, does it make him poorer?

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 30 Dec 2009 14:03

Very near...far away
Big Foot

Well, does it make him poorer?

Would "only makes the successful richer" help? Sir Mad used to be poor(ish) then got successful/lucky and got (much) richer. Recently he got unsuccessful/unlucky (town centre development, RFC relegation, etc) and got (slightly) poorer. With any luck both Sir Mad and RFC will have their day again but I very much doubt it will be for a year two yet...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Dec 2009 14:12

Elm Park Old Boy Some people don't learn do they? Instability is the worst thing for any club. So the hysterical lynch mob on here finally get what they want (Rodgers sacked, just as the signs of some progress were coming into view), and then when that miraculously doesn't transform things they go looking for someone else to blame. That way lies complete meltdown.

Oh so we got Rodgers the sack then and not the board.....God we are a powerful bunch. What rubbish.
Rodgers was sacked by the Board of Directors. It had nothing to do with fan power. Get real.

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 30 Dec 2009 14:22

PEARCEY
Elm Park Old Boy Some people don't learn do they? Instability is the worst thing for any club. So the hysterical lynch mob on here finally get what they want (Rodgers sacked, just as the signs of some progress were coming into view), and then when that miraculously doesn't transform things they go looking for someone else to blame. That way lies complete meltdown.

Oh so we got Rodgers the sack then and not the board.....God we are a powerful bunch. What rubbish.
Rodgers was sacked by the Board of Directors. It had nothing to do with fan power. Get real.

Fans do make a difference but only in their thousands, i.e. real people at real stadiums, not a few WUMs on HNA or any other minority talking shop. On this occasion it wasn't the fans that got rid of Rogers as there wasn't anything like the grief that Megson was getting:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Dec 2009 14:47

Murts-is-Lej
PEARCEY

Fans do make a difference but only in their thousands, i.e. real people at real stadiums, not a few WUMs on HNA or any other minority talking shop. On this occasion it wasn't the fans that got rid of Rogers as there wasn't anything like the grief that Megson was getting:

Agreed.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 Dec 2009 15:05

Could we just put one thing to bed-with or without Madejski we would NOT still be at Elm Park.
Following the Taylor report grounds had to become all-seater and having sold the land at Elm Park we would have had a new ground.
It might not have had a plush hotel (with a media suite etc)nor a very expensive car park but we would have had a new ground especially as Reading Borough Council did their utmost to make the land available.

Praise or criticise our chairman for any number of other things but rest assured we would not now be at Elm Park.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2009 15:12

Victor Meldrew Could we just put one thing to bed-with or without Madejski we would NOT still be at Elm Park.
Following the Taylor report grounds had to become all-seater and having sold the land at Elm Park we would have had a new ground.
It might not have had a plush hotel (with a media suite etc)nor a very expensive car park but we would have had a new ground especially as Reading Borough Council did their utmost to make the land available.

Praise or criticise our chairman for any number of other things but rest assured we would not now be at Elm Park.

We might be if we'd slipped down the leagues further and quicker than we did.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Dec 2009 15:13

Ian Royal
Victor Meldrew Could we just put one thing to bed-with or without Madejski we would NOT still be at Elm Park.

There are worse grounds than Elm Park that were turned into all-seaters.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Dec 2009 15:14

Franchise FC
Ian Royal

There are worse grounds than Elm Park that were turned into all-seaters.

There are still grounds with terraces out there. I went to one last month.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 30 Dec 2009 15:21

PEARCEY

Where did I say fans got Rodgers the sack? I said somefolks got what they wanted - Rodgers sacked. Get real? Learn to read.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 30 Dec 2009 16:00

Murts-is-Lej
PEARCEY

how did you think of your username?

I'm sorry, but I can't take the opinion seriously of any fan that has not seen the truly bad days and what Madejski rescued us from

If it were not for him we would all be supporting a club like Port Vale, Grimsby and Bury

Just trust the man

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Protest for the Liverpool game...

by Silver Fox » 30 Dec 2009 16:33

M Brook I was at the rugby yesterday and there were two clowns outside the East Stand making green balloon animals for the kids. As I walked past them my mate said 'I see Mr Madejski has started watching the egg chasers as well!'.

Is your m8 John Sessions? Oscar Wilde? Steven Fry?

working class hero

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by working class hero » 30 Dec 2009 17:05

I don't think there is any point in the protest. But at least these guys are putting some effort in to make their feelings known. Applause for that if not for the sentiment...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Dec 2009 17:44

working class hero I don't think there is any point in the protest. But at least these guys are putting some effort in to make their feelings known. Applause for that if not for the sentiment...
Yep Wolfie

POWER TO THE PEOPLE !

Freedom for Tooting! and all that

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 30 Dec 2009 22:15

Say what you like, but at least the Bolton supporters spelt their manager's name correctly when asking him to leave.

If there really really really is a protest to get rid of Madejski I fear that most of the supporters will get his name wrong and we will have the shame of the whole world upon us just as we did when Pardew left, and the TV cameras gleefully latched onto the fool who had the banner with "Judus" written on it.

514 posts