JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

514 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2010 15:23

Platy is more likely to be in a home than a school.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jan 2010 15:29

Ian Royal Platy is more likely to be in a home than a school.

Yep; your mum's. :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jan 2010 15:40

RoyalBlue
marcusopp
Blue_Elm Something needs to be done, the problem as proved doesnt lie with Rodgers

Of course it does.
Shane Long was scoring goals in the premier league. As soon as BR got in charge he dropped him, along with all of Coppells other players.
I've been a Reading fan since I was 8 (1985) and the rise of the club has been dramatic during Madejski's time.
You'll do well to show some gratitude if you consider yourself a real supporter of the club, rather than slagging everyone off.
We're all upset to be shite this year, especially JM, as he's losing cash with it.

Oh I forgot, I owe everything to John Madejski!! Have you failed to spot two things? One he did quite well in kudos and people like you falling at his feet in worship. Two, our current decline under Madejski is even more dramatic, in terms of speed, than the rise.

As for the poor barsteward losing cash with it - please explain where and how much.

Unless I've misread the accounts, he is currently £28m down - CASH. With no realistic prospect of selling and a club that is not generating much in the way of profit or cash, how is he going to get that cash back ?
And in case you're about to play the 'he'll sell more players' card, which of our current stars are going to fetch a price that will even dent that £28m ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2010 16:28

Platypuss
Ian Royal Platy is more likely to be in a home than a school.

Yep; your mum's. :wink:

:shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2010 17:13

Franchise FC
Unless I've misread the accounts, he is currently £28m down - CASH. With no realistic prospect of selling and a club that is not generating much in the way of profit or cash, how is he going to get that cash back ?
And in case you're about to play the 'he'll sell more players' card, which of our current stars are going to fetch a price that will even dent that £28m ?

I suspect you have misunderstood the accounts - I don't think he personally is £28M down -CASH.

And I suspect the fact that none of the players he has left us with will put a dent in the £28M won't stop him selling/shipping some out.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Jan 2010 20:00

the debt was 40 million cash before we were relegated wasnt it?
and he didnt take any money out of the club up till last year did he?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Jan 2010 20:03

brendywendy the debt was 40 million cash before we were relegated wasnt it?

The debt isn;t to him though, and he's converted most of the debt from earlier years into shares.

I have no idea how much (if anything) he is now owed but he certainly holds a lot of equity in the club.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Jan 2010 20:10

Sun Tzu

The debt isn;t to him though, and he's converted most of the debt from earlier years into shares.

I have no idea how much (if anything) he is now owed but he certainly holds a lot of equity in the club.

but those shares will just be what gets him his 40 million back upon the sale of the club surely
hes payed 40 million in, not taken anything back, and will want every penny and then some before he leaves
and bloody right too

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Jan 2010 20:13

brendywendy
Sun Tzu

but those shares will just be what gets him his 40 million back upon the sale of the club surely
hes payed 40 million in, not taken anything back, and will want every penny and then some before he leaves
and bloody right too

Sorry, i thought the debt was the issue.

I guess shares are a bit like debt, just not of a particular value. His shares are worth what someone pays, not what he put in (I think this particular roundabout has been circled many times !!)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Jan 2010 20:19

that is his debt though
when he sells he will get it back, and wont sell until he can get that ammount or more
to us its irrelevant how the debt is stored, or in what form
when someone gives him 50 million for the club, he will take his 40 million back, and it wont be available to us.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 03 Jan 2010 20:22

brendywendy that is his debt though
when he sells he will get it back, and wont sell until he can get that ammount or more
to us its irrelevant how the debt is stored, or in what form
when someone gives him 50 million for the club, he will take his 40 million back, and it wont be available to us.

When someone gives him 50 million he gets 50 million (well probably 49.5 million as there are a few other shareholders. The value of the debt is a bit meaningless except he may see it as his minimum sale price. Even if he sells for more than he's invested it's still all his money.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Jan 2010 09:46

RoyalBlue The game against Liverpool was never going to be the right game for a protest.

I thought the "organisers" whole point was that a live on national TV game was perfect as it would hurt "egoman" or whatever they're calling him these days as it would embarass him?

Radders

by Radders » 04 Jan 2010 10:34

Silver Fox
RoyalBlue The game against Liverpool was never going to be the right game for a protest.

I thought the "organisers" whole point was that a live on national TV game was perfect as it would hurt "egoman" or whatever they're calling him these days as it would embarass him?

I think they are trying to use their 'Get out of jail free' card. Fail.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 10:37

so howd the protest go anyway?

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 04 Jan 2010 10:52

SDR recruited tens of thousands of like minded individuals, and then came up with a popular, effective form of protest.

For which he (SDR) wrote copy, met with reporters, TV and radio personalities, police and club officials to ensure that it would be a peaceful, lawful and responsible protest that would capture imagination and support.

This took him (SDR) several weeks of application and effort before the elected match day, selected for maximum effect ie a televised game against Premier league opposition in a FA cup tie to ensure that SJM would be embarassed and contrite.

Before handing over the keys and deeds of the business to SDR for new and improved future stewardship.

NOT!
Last edited by Dorset-Knob on 04 Jan 2010 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

Radders

by Radders » 04 Jan 2010 11:58

lol

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2010 13:42

Silver Fox

Who were the 'organisers'? Some may have felt the Liverpool game would be a good time and place but it was not a view I ever subscribed too. You don't need loads of cameras present to get the coverage, just one will do. When the protests do start - and rest assured they will, unless either Madejski changes his approach or McDermott somehow manages to pull off a cut-price miracle - the media folks will quickly pick up on them. It's the sort of they love.

Also, I believe Madejski is far more likely to be affected by angry and very vocal protests that are live and in his face, than one mounted specifically for TV. If that wasn't the case, why has he stopped his 'pope' appearances, coming onto the pitch and waving to the adoring masses?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 13:45

Remind me when Madejski last paraded on the pitch during a non-premier league, non-promotion pushing season?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 14:09

Ian Royal Remind me when Madejski last paraded on the pitch during a non-premier league, non-promotion pushing season?

wasnt it bristol city away?

about three weeks ago?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Jan 2010 14:36

Chairman going to acknowledge away supporters =/= chairman parading in centre of pitch at home

514 posts