JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

514 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 14:41

if i were him id also have stopped going on the pitch, and stopped pumping money into the club the instant i was disgracefully bood at the mad stad too.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Jan 2010 16:40

Ideal Only morons boo Madejski.
Just look at the trouble Crystal Palace, Cardiff, Watford, Porfsmuff, etc, are in.
We did the right thing. We can pay our wages, and are not about to go bankrupt.
The fact that other teams continue to pay unsustainable wages and sign players for money they don't have, just shows that they have cheating lying sacks of shit for chairmen, while ours is a man of integrity who runs a business the proper way.

Royalee and his little gang of fcukbuddies need to get over the loss of little Napoleon, and get behind the club again.

+1

and it isn't often I can do that following a post from Ideal.......

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2010 16:42

Just look at the trouble Crystal Palace, Cardiff, Watford, Porfsmuff, etc, are in.
The fact that other teams continue to pay unsustainable wages and sign players for money they don't have, just shows that they have cheating lying sacks of shit for chairmen, while ours is a man of integrity who runs a business the proper way.

Royalee and his little gang of fcukbuddies need to get over the loss of little Napoleon, and get behind the club again.

again?

tbf they hated the club when coppell was in charge too- was just a brief respite during rodgers reign.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Jan 2010 17:36

To be fair to Royalee, he has largely been a Madejski supporter. For him Coppell was always the devil. It's only since BR got the chop that he's turned.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 04 Jan 2010 19:13

RoyalBlue
Silver Fox
RoyalBlue The game against Liverpool was never going to be the right game for a protest.

I thought the "organisers" whole point was that a live on national TV game was perfect as it would hurt "egoman" or whatever they're calling him these days as it would embarass him?

Who were the 'organisers'? Some may have felt the Liverpool game would be a good time and place but it was not a view I ever subscribed too. You don't need loads of cameras present to get the coverage, just one will do. When the protests do start - and rest assured they will, unless either Madejski changes his approach or McDermott somehow manages to pull off a cut-price miracle - the media folks will quickly pick up on them. It's the sort of they love.

Also, I believe Madejski is far more likely to be affected by angry and very vocal protests that are live and in his face, than one mounted specifically for TV. If that wasn't the case, why has he stopped his 'pope' appearances, coming onto the pitch and waving to the adoring masses?

Back Pedal Alert, look out behind! get over yourself, you got it wrong! SJM may have his faults, but as chairmen of football clubs is concerned 'he ain't half bad!'

Beware of what you wish for and ask the fans of Leeds, Soton, Pompey, et al what they think before you start to apportion blame.

For them the old saying " If you sit down to sup with the devil, it's best to use a long spoon" has become extremly meaningful!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 19:51

Arch To be fair to Royalee, he has largely been a Madejski supporter. For him Coppell was always the devil. It's only since BR got the chop that he's turned.

Because his ego can't let him admit that he was wrong about Rodgers being brilliant.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 04 Jan 2010 19:54

Ian Royal
Arch To be fair to Royalee, he has largely been a Madejski supporter. For him Coppell was always the devil. It's only since BR got the chop that he's turned.

Because his ego can't let him admit that he was wrong about Rodgers being brilliant.

It does rather seem this way to be fair!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 19:58

Ian Royal

I wasn't proven to be right or wrong about Rodgers as he wasn't given enough time. LOL at you thinking I have a massive ego and can never admit when I'm wrong though. You failed to admit you were wrong to suggest we'd stay up in the Premiership and go up last season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 19:59

You really are a subhuman waste of space.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 04 Jan 2010 20:02

Rodgers certainly was given plenty enough time to prove he wasn't brilliant! :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 20:03

Royalee
Ian Royal

I wasn't proven to be right or wrong about Rodgers as he wasn't given enough time. LOL at you thinking I have a massive ego and can never admit when I'm wrong though. You failed to admit you were wrong to suggest we'd stay up in the Premiership and go up last season.

Errr no I didn't.

I thought we'd stay up, I was wrong, but it was closer than most were saying, which is what I'd said.
I thought we'd go up, as we should have done, pre January, but we failed as I expected it would once it got to March / April.

You set Rodgers out to be some sort of saviour and brilliant. He wasn't. He was failing. We'll never know if he'd have taken us down, but it wasn't looking good. Now he's gone you're sticking to your line that his tenure was sabotaged and switched your blame game to Madejski, because you could hardly blame Coppell for Rodgers keeping us in and around the relegation zone.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 04 Jan 2010 20:09

Ian Royal

But Royalee wasn't necessarily wrong about Rodgers being brilliant. Six months is no length of time to judge a manager over. He may have turned out to be useless; he may have proved to be brilliant: he wasn't given anything like long enough to show what he might have been.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 20:10

Ian Royal
Royalee

Errr no I didn't.

I thought we'd stay up, I was wrong, but it was closer than most were saying, which is what I'd said.
I thought we'd go up, as we should have done, pre January, but we failed as I expected it would once it got to March / April.

You set Rodgers out to be some sort of saviour and brilliant. He wasn't. He was failing. We'll never know if he'd have taken us down, but it wasn't looking good. Now he's gone you're sticking to your line that his tenure was sabotaged and switched your blame game to Madejski, because you could hardly blame Coppell for Rodgers keeping us in and around the relegation zone.

Lol, so you were wrong, both times then?

I said that he would be good and sort out the squad, which he was attempting to do by bringing in young players for the long term with the exception of Rasiak. He wasn't failing, we weren't in the relegation zone - in fact we'd began to pick up more wins and showed signs of improved results over his last two months. His tenure was based upon his assurance that he had the backing to carry out a long term plan and wasn't expected to immediately challenge for promotion, but that turned out not to be the case in Madejski's eyes as our chairman appears to have panicked. Your failure to see that he entered an almost impossible job given the squad he inherited, the lack of resources and the age and inexperience of most of our players is indicative of how little you know about the game. If you cannot see that Coppell failed in his last two years and left us in a bad situation with Madejski compounding this by refusing to back the new manager, then you really aren't worth bothering with.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 20:11

ROKERITE
Ian Royal

But Royalee wasn't necessarily wrong about Rodgers being brilliant. Six months is no length of time to judge a manager over. He may have turned out to be useless; he may have proved to be brilliant: he wasn't given anything like long enough to show what he might have been.

What rubbish. He made mistake after mistake and took us into a relegation fight. He may well have proved to be a decent manager in the long run and he may go on to have a very good career, but he was nothing short of poor for us and that forced a decision to be made.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 20:13

Royalee
Ian Royal
Royalee

Errr no I didn't.

Lol, so you were wrong, both times then?

I said that he would be good and sort out the squad, which he was attempting to do by bringing in young players for the long term with the exception of Rasiak. He wasn't failing, we weren't in the relegation zone - in fact we'd began to pick up more wins and showed signs of improved results over his last two months. His tenure was based upon his assurance that he had the backing to carry out a long term plan and wasn't expected to immediately challenge for promotion, but that turned out not to be the case in Madejski's eyes as our chairman appears to have panicked. Your failure to see that he entered an almost impossible job given the squad he inherited, the lack of resources and the age and inexperience of most of our players is indicative of how little you know about the game. If you cannot see that Coppell failed in his last two years and left us in a bad situation with Madejski compounding this by refusing to back the new manager, then you really aren't worth bothering with.

Don't try and twist things dearie. You were trying to say I was a hypocrite because I don't admit when I'm wrong. Except I do when It's clear.

And being wrong by 3 goals or a couple of points isn't quite the same as putting your faith in a manager who has a rubbish time and gets sacked.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 20:15

You make it seem like we had a squad capable of promotion when he took over Ian. In the second half of last season we encountered very similar form to that in Rodgers' reign and during that time we had the likes of Kevin Doyle. We lost a net of £9 million worth of players on that squad and still weren't in the relegation zone whilst having to build a completely new team of young, inexperienced players. You conveniently gloss over this though as it doesn't fit your agenda.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 20:16

'A manager who has a rubbish time and gets sacked'? Are you for real? He was at the club for less than 6 months, had only one transfer window and had to sell £12 million of players on a squad which wasn't good enough last year, yet he was rubbish without having the time to prove whether he was good or bad? Do yourself a favour.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jan 2010 20:22

Royalee 'A manager who has a rubbish time and gets sacked'? Are you for real? He was at the club for less than 6 months, had only one transfer window and had to sell £12 million of players on a squad which wasn't good enough last year, yet he was rubbish without having the time to prove whether he was good or bad? Do yourself a favour.

A manager who spent £3.5m (more than double any previous manager for us at this level, manager's who didn't inherit anything approaching the quality of team we had prior to the sales). A manager who failed to buy the players to make his system work, yet continued to try it to the point of near sacking. A manager who made selection and tactics error after error. A manager content to treat the crucial opening 5 games as pre-season.

A manager who took a team expected to be consolidating in mid-table into a relegation fight.

He might have come good, but his first 6 and a half months were very poor and a close decision was made that we couldn't take the risk of hoping he showed significant improvement, when the little he'd already managed was already showing signs of slipping.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 04 Jan 2010 20:26

I don't really know or care about the vitriol between Royalee, Ideal and Ian Royal et al, but to suggest that BR wasn't so bad, ignores so many mistakes and unforced errors as to severely damage any of the salient points made in his defence.

De facto he was not a brilliant manager, a brilliant manager does not make half the poor judgement calls he made, whatever the reasons!

It just doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Jan 2010 20:58

Ian Royal
Royalee 'A manager who has a rubbish time and gets sacked'? Are you for real? He was at the club for less than 6 months, had only one transfer window and had to sell £12 million of players on a squad which wasn't good enough last year, yet he was rubbish without having the time to prove whether he was good or bad? Do yourself a favour.

A manager who spent £3.5m (more than double any previous manager for us at this level, manager's who didn't inherit anything approaching the quality of team we had prior to the sales). A manager who failed to buy the players to make his system work, yet continued to try it to the point of near sacking. A manager who made selection and tactics error after error. A manager content to treat the crucial opening 5 games as pre-season.

A manager who took a team expected to be consolidating in mid-table into a relegation fight.

He might have come good, but his first 6 and a half months were very poor and a close decision was made that we couldn't take the risk of hoping he showed significant improvement, when the little he'd already managed was already showing signs of slipping.

We finished 4th and lost in the playoffs the season before Coppell took over and didn't lose any players - a bit better than spending - £9 million net.

Ingimarsson - £250k
Kitson - £150K
Brooker - £100k
Owusu - £200k
Ferdinand - Crazy wages
Keown - Crazy wages
Convey - £850k
Lita - £1 million

Didn't have to sell £12 million worth of player during that either.

How did Rodgers not buy the players to make his system work? Rasiak was our top scorer when he left, McAnuff has been a revelation, Howard was in the team when we began to win games, Bertrand has been a very good loan signing, Mills is going to be very important in years to come - Cummings is the only signing you can really say was poor.

514 posts