JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

514 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Jan 2010 13:51

What BR was trying to do and what he achieved are two totally different things.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Jan 2010 13:53

Terminal Boardom What BR was trying to do and what he achieved are two totally different things.

On the basis that the timeframe in which he was trying to achieve them is totally different to the time frame he was allowed ?

Even in the short time he was here he had some significant impacts.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Jan 2010 13:59

Sun Tzu
Terminal Boardom What BR was trying to do and what he achieved are two totally different things.

On the basis that the timeframe in which he was trying to achieve them is totally different to the time frame he was allowed ?

Tommy Burms had "some significant impacts" too, ie Murty and Fozzy but it still didn't make his time in charge anything other than a failure.

Rodgers has gone and we can't start rewriting history and football results by saying what would have happened if Smith had signed. Time to move on from BR.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 06 Jan 2010 14:02

The only point to add is that it illustrates just how small is the difference between "success" and "failure" - a point not always appreciated by those on HNA? who seem everything in black and white with no shades of grey.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jan 2010 14:03

Sun Tzu

He chose long term almost exclusively over short term risking relegation and therefore potentially destroying any chance he had of achieving his long term goals.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Jan 2010 14:04

Dirk Gently The only point to add is that it illustrates just how small is the difference between "success" and "failure" - a point not always appreciated by those on HNA? who seem everything in black and white with no shades of grey.

I agree with that Dirk.(much to your surprise I guess) Take Burns. He didn't benefit from a fit Murty or Forster. If he had who knows?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Jan 2010 14:07

Ian Royal
Sun Tzu

He chose long term almost exclusively over short term risking relegation and therefore potentially destroying any chance he had of achieving his long term goals.

I think you are totally wrong there, but neither of us know or have any chance of knowing for sure.

I doubt very much he 'chose;' to ignore short term issues. If he had he would have still being playing his long after he abandoned it for a more pragmatic approach.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2010 14:09

Murty was woeful under Burns, he might of had shocking fitness but he was fit and in the team

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Jan 2010 14:11

paultheroyal Murty was woeful under Burns, he might of had shocking fitness but he was fit and in the team

He was out injured a lot of the time.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 06 Jan 2010 14:14

paultheroyal Murty was woeful under Burns, he might of had shocking fitness but he was fit and in the team

Hmmmm, I seem to remember him being injured a lot prior to the start of the season and then he gradually got back into the team. Then he was starting to make an impact until some cvnt from Luton up-ended him. Woeful? No, your grammar is more woeful.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 06 Jan 2010 14:15

Thaumagurist*

Hmmmm, I seem to remember him being injured a lot prior to the start of the season and then he gradually got back into the team. Then he was starting to make an impact until some cvnt from Luton up-ended him. Woeful? No, your grammar is more woeful.

Spot on.

working class hero

by working class hero » 06 Jan 2010 16:38

Thaumagurist*

I think it is more syntactically at fault rather than being grammatically unsound.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 06 Jan 2010 17:29

working class hero
Thaumagurist*

I think it is more syntactically at fault rather than being grammatically unsound.

'Rather' is a bit awkward in there. Either drop the 'more' or the 'rather'.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 06 Jan 2010 21:44

I think is redundant as well, being isn't necessary, and unsound is just a repeat of at fault:

It is more syntactically than gramatically at fault.

The argument is bollocks anyway. Burns made a crap signing, paying £700,000 for a crocked York winger. Somehow Pardew managed to turn him into a £300,000 full back. Time and the Lord Coppell turned him into a Reading legend.

514 posts