Saturdays Game off?

183 posts
ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Saturdays Game off?

by ankeny » 07 Jan 2010 20:25

DelBoyRodders
ankeny Pity we havent got a state of the art council,people in my Close havent moved their cars since Tuesday,bins wont be emptied yet again,bloody disgrace.

Why don't some of the lazy oxf*rd in your close clear the snow then. How can you expect RBC to clear every street in the area?
I take it you have looked out the window in the past 2 days?

What clear a whole road,weve done the drives and the paths,what do you think we got here ,a fukin snowplough you idiot

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Jan 2010 17:35

Well been up there today, and lots of activity clearing the area.

looks like it could have gone ahead, but that's without knowing all the details the club has.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Jan 2010 19:42

Could/Should have gone ahead.

Shame.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Jan 2010 19:45

winchester_royal Could/Should have gone ahead.

Shame.

def a shame that it was cancelled, but you have to take away fans into the decision, cant see any way they coud ahev made it down, even if the team could have, really a sahme was not on Sky, as i really think it would have gone ahead.I do wonder if Sky could ahve taken it as a live game, with Ko at 1pm, might have been feasable.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Jan 2010 19:51

Harpers So Solid Crew

Shame.

def a shame that it was cancelled, but you have to take away fans into the decision, cant see any way they coud ahev made it down, even if the team could have, really a sahme was not on Sky, as i really think it would have gone ahead.I do wonder if Sky could ahve taken it as a live game, with Ko at 1pm, might have been feasable.

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to this view. The main roads are fine at the moment, and had they put in the effort Toon fans could have made it.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Jan 2010 20:02

Are you for real, i can see real problems on Monday when the weather turns and we are hoping to take a load up to Liverpool for the replay on wednesday. would rather see it on the telly with mainly home fans than for it to not go ahead.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 08 Jan 2010 20:22

To be fair, the roads are fine, but the car parks look pretty snowy/icy.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 Jan 2010 21:43

At least it saved me having to blag a late half shift off. :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2010 23:48

Shame.

Balls. The absolute correct decision was made. It was simply not safe enough for 22,000 people to attempt to make the game. Far far better to be safe than sorry and with potentially worse weather due it would have been criminal not to call it off.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2010 00:46

If it had been down as a Sky game it would have been made safe enough.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2010 00:51

I'm just sooooo glad that RFC are looking out for my paramount safety

Where were they at 05.00am the other morning when I traversed the county to get to my place of work?

Mrs Angry by email

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Jan 2010 07:56

Shame.

The clearing of roads outside the stadium addresses just one of the many problems facing this match. No one in their right mind could criticise the club for calling it off.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Jan 2010 10:18

That Friday Feeling
[size=150]winchester_royal[/size] Could/Should have gone ahead.

Shame.

The clearing of roads outside the stadium addresses just one of the many problems facing this match. No one in their right mind could criticise the club for calling it off.
Nail on head!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jan 2010 10:48

Ian Royal

Shame.

Balls. The absolute correct decision was made. It was simply not safe enough for 22,000 people to attempt to make the game. Far far better to be safe than sorry and with potentially worse weather due it would have been criminal not to call it off.

A very rare occasion but I agree entirely. Even against Swansea some of the roads/pavements on the stadium complex were pretty icy and slippery. They would have been absolutely treacherous in the current conditions. Some of the steps/concourses haven't been too clever for the past couple of games either and the 'non-slip' floor surface in the bogs was becoming quite the opposite! Even had the club tried to proceed with the game, I would have fully expected the police/local authority to have rightly stepped in and prevented it going ahead on grounds of public safety.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Jan 2010 14:13

Where does the idea that the game being televised would have meant it went ahead come from? It didn't save 2 midweek carling cup games or 2 of this weekend's live prem games

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 09 Jan 2010 16:07

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

Shame.

A very rare occasion but I agree entirely. Even against Swansea some of the roads/pavements on the stadium complex were pretty icy and slippery. They would have been absolutely treacherous in the current conditions. Some of the steps/concourses haven't been too clever for the past couple of games either and the 'non-slip' floor surface in the bogs was becoming quite the opposite! Even had the club tried to proceed with the game, I would have fully expected the police/local authority to have rightly stepped in and prevented it going ahead on grounds of public safety.

well i'm happy, i tried to go out earlier and had to give up, so i would have missed the game anyway.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jan 2010 16:07

The major routes are fine. How far is the stadium from the A33? I think that it is a blatant cop out by the club. They could have had the surroundings cleared IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 09 Jan 2010 16:21

Shame.

Having got out without much trouble the other day i was thinking this as well. To be fair, not many people will be as badly affected, but for me the cancellation is now great news! Although not being able to get out is probably not such great news... :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2010 19:14

Terminal Boardom The major routes are fine. How far is the stadium from the A33? I think that it is a blatant cop out by the club. They could have had the surroundings cleared IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

It is nice to know that the choice to watch a game or to go shopping with the other tens of thousands of meandering people has been taken out of our hands.

Reading Town Centre and Morrisons in Whitley seemed busy enough today

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2010 19:20

It has been implicated that the number of postponements is down to the number of STH's banked money.

In the old days, clubs were dependant on gate-money-on-the-day to pay the wages.............and therefore played

Apparently kids are playing footy on Stanley Park....whilst the Liverpool game just down the road was postponed over 36 hours ago :shock:

183 posts