Brendan's moaning again!

169 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Brendan's moaning again!

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2010 23:28

He can oxf*rd right off. I couldn't stomach reading more than the first few paragraphs. It's fine planning for the future, but not without any thought for the now.

He oxf*rd up, he paid the price and he has to accept that.

The more I hear from him the more I think he's some whiny child that can't accept his own failings, let along learn from them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Jan 2010 23:34

Quite a plausable read

No need for the hysterics...... methinks
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 08 Jan 2010 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 08 Jan 2010 23:57

Don't know what the fuss is about myself, he mentioned again Howe's lack of contact and said that he still believed that the Chairman was good and honest, so that's a read between the lines if I saw one
It's only natural that he would feel that 21 games was not enough.
It will be quite interesting to see how long it takes to find employment in football, what role and where that will be.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Jan 2010 00:01

AthleticoSpizz Quite a plausible read

If there were no hysterics on here it would be like entering a parallel universe..............

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jan 2010 00:09

Woodcote Royal

If there were no hysterics on here it would be like entering a parallel universe..............
oooh get you wooders

Don't know about that, but it would sure leave a lot of folk with nothing much in their lives

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Jan 2010 00:31

Ian Royal He can oxf*rd right off. I couldn't stomach reading more than the first few paragraphs. It's fine planning for the future, but not without any thought for the now.

The more I hear from him the more I think he's some whiny child that can't accept his own failings, let along learn from them.

Oxford off you oxford oxford, oxfording ox!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2010 00:38

No chance, I'm here for the long haul. Unlike Rodgers.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2010 00:39

Woodcote Royal

Spot on. Everything is going according to plan.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2010 02:10

Wycombe Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER Billy Davies is a good example of what CAN happen if you give the manager time ...last season Notts Forest were perilously close to relegation but the club stuck with him...and whilst they appeared to have a big transfer budget, he has taken them into 3rd place this season

Billy Davies took over in January last year with the aim of keeping them up. He did that so the "giving a manager time" thing doesn't work with him.

Since then he has spent upwards of £6m plus having the wages tobring in players like Gunter (last season) and Shorey (this season) and has brought in zero from selling players.

His achievement is not that good.

2nd in January? What a loser.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 09 Jan 2010 03:16

Ian Royal He can oxf*rd right off. I couldn't stomach reading more than the first few paragraphs. It's fine planning for the future, but not without any thought for the now.

Agree (but just to piss Royalee off :wink: ).

Also glad to see the big watch well on show.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Jan 2010 05:38

DOYLERSAROYALER Billy Davies is a good example of what CAN happen if you give the manager time ...last season Notts Forest were perilously close to relegation but the club stuck with him...and whilst they appeared to have a big transfer budget, he has taken them into 3rd place this season

Agreed, but of course there is a big difference. Billy Davies is a football manager. The Clueless Charlatan Bodgers wasn't, and won't be for as long as he opens his mouth.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Jan 2010 05:42

The whole year inn Brendan Rodgers is an idiot and God help the next club that appoints him

You got that right!

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 09 Jan 2010 08:44

It's the Chairman who has fu***d up this Club and that tw** Nigel Howe is a bloody surveyor. He knows **** all about football. That is a position we can do well to get rid of as he has no experience of running a successful business and RFC's current position is a clear indication that as usual SDR is spot onnnnnnnnnnn

Roger's was in a no win position from day one and no doubt the Madman will be selling more players if any Club comes in with a reasonable offer.

Stupid tW**ttttttttttt

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 09 Jan 2010 09:03

A very intelligent and well stated case, IMHO. The guy should have been given at least a season to rebuild - and interesting that the way he describes it sounds like it was a board decision rather than Madejski's. Don't see there's anything in the article that anyone could disagree with, TBH.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2010 14:19

Sir Dodger Royal It's the Chairman who has fu***d up this Club and that tw** Nigel Howe is a bloody surveyor. He knows **** all about football. That is a position we can do well to get rid of as he has no experience of running a successful business and RFC's current position is a clear indication that as usual SDR is spot onnnnnnnnnnn

Roger's was in a no win position from day one and no doubt the Madman will be selling more players if any Club comes in with a reasonable offer.

Stupid tW**ttttttttttt

If Howe knows oxf*rd all about football, it's still 10 times as much as you do.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Jan 2010 14:26

Royalee
Big Foot Biggest LOL of that article is to see him mention Bertrand's name alongside the likes of Welbeck and the kid from Villa DeFounso or whatever his name is :lol:

Why? He belongs to a top Premiership club and has representing England at Under 21 level.

Sorry, I forgot he's the next Ashley Cole :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2010 14:39

Big Foot
Royalee
Big Foot Biggest LOL of that article is to see him mention Bertrand's name alongside the likes of Welbeck and the kid from Villa DeFounso or whatever his name is :lol:

Why? He belongs to a top Premiership club and has representing England at Under 21 level.

Sorry, I forgot he's the next Ashley Cole :lol:

In the same way that Cisse is the new Vieira I totally agree with Bertrand being the new Cole.

JR

by JR » 09 Jan 2010 14:45

The sacking of Brendan Rodgers is the first time I have been ashamed to be a Reading fan. The board are yet to provide a satisfactory explanation for sacking him and his comments in the article are all very reasonable.

Had he been given a settled team and there was no sign of quality football or improvement in performances then I could support the sacking.

But, this was a rebuilding job. You cannot sack a man after 6 months when you provide him with little support.

Performances were improving and it was entertaining football. I was looking forward to many successful years under Rodgers. Our level of performance against Scunthorpe deserved a 6-1 victory. Clearly the board do not understand football properly as no sensible football person would have sacked him after that game.

I know I am repeating myself from previous points with many of these comments, but it continues to make me very angry. If we go down the board are totally culpable for this shameful sacking.

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jan 2010 14:52

JR The sacking of Brendan Rodgers is the first time I have been ashamed to be a Reading fan.

You should get to more games JR

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2010 14:54

Very simple reason he was sacked. Failure to produce results and the very real threat of relegation which he hadn't done enough to convince the board that he knew how to avoid it.

It was a tough call, but to say you can't understand why it was made must mean you have some sort of mental issue. You don't have to agree, but it's bloody obvious why he was sacked and had been coming for a fair while. He just managed a stay of execution for a while, that's all.

169 posts