Reading Cut Adrift in Bottom Four

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reading Cut Adrift in Bottom Four

by Gav » 17 Jan 2010 00:42

Tilehurst Mike
Gordons Cumming I am willing to pay good money to rid SDR of HNA for good.

Please PM me.

to be honest the guy is dead right. despite the euphoria of the Anfield result we are sucked in to a relegation dogfight and they omens are not looking good at all.We need an experienced Manager and back up team and a decent experienced striker, midfield playmaker and decent right back.signing players on loan when they are trying to gain match fitness from either injury or for not playing is not the answer in the current position. Madjeski needs to invest some realistic money on players in this transfer window (and wages) before it is too late. I am fed up about the negativity about lack of funds to be honest and Div 1 is looming and numerous season tickets not renewed unless something drastic is done soon.

I wish people would just stop talking about an "experienced manager" like it would wave away all our troubles. I think everything McD has done up until now has been no worse than any "experienced" manager would have achieved with what we have, in fact, slightly better. I very much doubt a new manager stepping into the breach would have achieved those results against Liverppol. McD isn't the problem, it's the floundering legacy he has been left with.

If, as I suspect, we don't invest in quality playing staff this January, I honestly believe our best bet is to stick with McD until the end of the season and get braced for a white knuckle ride. McDermott has my full support; something Rodgers only ever had me hoping I could give.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2010 01:22

Platypuss Indeed - it was only worth ditching BR if we were to get in someone better.
If BMcD is not that ,an then it is the board who will have to bear the consequences.

as long as they don't follow QPR's lead

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 17 Jan 2010 01:50

Sir Dodger Royal SDR under stands that he was planning to announce on Monday the odd job boys as managers on BBC Radio Berkshire.

SDR may phone in but the 10 second delay will no doubt delete the conversation.

Still I am sure the RTGs will enjoy Division One football. Maybe if they are lucky they can watch Division Two football the following year.

Real possibility on current form and managementtttttttttt

Dodger doesn't know what division we're in. Real facts...

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2010 10:24

If McD gets the job then as much as I disliked Rodgers I'd rather have him back! McD is NOT the way forward for this club. We have to look long term.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2010 10:43

SouthDownsRoyal If McD gets the job then as much as I disliked Rodgers I'd rather have him back! McD is NOT the way forward for this club. We have to look long term.

We have to look at the next game not long term. Looking long term is arguably one of the main reasons for Rodgers failure. Taking things one game at a time should be our aim.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2010 12:44

sandman
SouthDownsRoyal If McD gets the job then as much as I disliked Rodgers I'd rather have him back! McD is NOT the way forward for this club. We have to look long term.

We have to look at the next game not long term. Looking long term is arguably one of the main reasons for Rodgers failure. Taking things one game at a time should be our aim.

And we stay in a state of limbo forever.

Good call.

by 1960 » 17 Jan 2010 13:07

I don't care if SDR is right or wrong. It's just that he is on here like a rash when we do badly, even back to Div 1 (as it is now) days, when we were told week after week that Bristol City were Flyyyying. Then went worringly quiet when it was all going well. Now he's back. What a tool.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2010 13:53

SouthDownsRoyal
sandman

And we stay in a state of limbo forever.

Good call.

We need to concentrate on staying up this season. If we can do that, then we can look to the medium / long term future in the summer.

No point thinking about the next 5 seasons and how to begin a promotion push to the Premier League, when we're just as likely to be in League One next season as the Championship.

If Rodgers had put more effort into stabilising the club from the beginning rather than his massive revolution. Or even accepted the obvious within the first 5 or 6 games we'd be in a better position than we are now.

Rodgers got virtually half a season to get us into this shit despite having a full pre-season to prepare. Why should McDermott only get 4 league games to get us out of it when he's been dumped into Rodgers mess half way through the season?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 17 Jan 2010 16:29

Again this is pointless, we will not stay up, so stop talking about it.

Until Madejski has gone nothing will change. Isn't it funny the old cnut jumped out of the woodwork when we beat Liverpool. I was shocked!!!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 17 Jan 2010 16:35

oxf*rd off.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2010 17:11

West Stand Flash Again this is pointless, we will not stay up, so stop talking about it.

Until Madejski has gone nothing will change. Isn't it funny the old cnut jumped out of the woodwork when we beat Liverpool. I was shocked!!!

I really hope you get proved wrong about us being relegated so you slink off an hide like you normally do. Unfortunately it's a close run thing between staying up and relegation. Which doesn't make what you say any less rubbish.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jan 2010 17:16

It's really (like WSF) quite simple:

This post was made by West Stand Flash who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Please do us all a favour and don't bother responding to the garbage he writes, I really don't want to see it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2010 17:23

I try not to put people on iggy. It seems so childish. Only snowball has been bad enough for me to do that. But as you've asked so nicely....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Jan 2010 17:32

Ian Royal I try not to put people on iggy. It seems so childish. Only snowball has been bad enough for me to do that. But as you've asked so nicely....

I agree totally, WSF is the only one on mine as he never posts anything worthwhile, ever.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Jan 2010 18:09

T.R.O.L.I. You might not expect it, but quite often it happens. Look at our two losses in 05/06 - Plymouth (H) who finished 50 points behind us in 14th and Luton (A) who finshed 45 points behind us in 10th.

This season, Plymouth (currently 23rd) won away at Cardiff (currently 5th) and Scunthorpe (currently 20th) beat Newcastle (currently 1st).

Whoever we'd lost to that season would have been 50 points behind us - THEY ALL WERE !!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Jan 2010 18:16

This post was made by Platypuss who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Is it worth me reading this anyone?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 17 Jan 2010 18:22

Maguire This post was made by Platypuss who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Is it worth me reading this anyone?

Nope

Anyway...SDR is actually spot on with his comments.

readingFTW

by readingFTW » 17 Jan 2010 18:32

I think there is adequate talent in the squad to stay afloat in the Championship this season, but it's our tactics that are letting us down. SDR is absolutely right: the Caretaker manager is simply not good enough, mainly down to his lacking in experience. We'll be doing a Leeds United!
However, the season's by far not over yet. We can still turn this mess around, and optimistically, we could be seeing Premiership football once more in a few seasons. If relegated this season will only make that journey to the Premiership longer!

John Peel

by John Peel » 17 Jan 2010 19:19

readingFTW However, the season's by far not over yet. We can still turn this mess around, and optimistically, we could be seeing Premiership football once more in a few seasons. If relegated this season will only make that journey to the Premiership longer!

This isn't meant as a dig at you FTW, but that's the problem - a lot of supporters think we're a Premiership club/ Premiership club in waiting. The reality is that the club has settled for being a Championship club, which I'm actually fine with. But until someone else buys the club I'm afraid people are going to have to just settle for that. Either that or they find another club to support. It's a b*tch I know but what can you do.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Jan 2010 19:22

readingFTW I think there is adequate talent in the squad to stay afloat in the Championship this season, but it's our tactics that are letting us down. SDR is absolutely right: the Caretaker manager is simply not good enough, mainly down to his lacking in experience. We'll be doing a Leeds United!
However, the season's by far not over yet. We can still turn this mess around, and optimistically, we could be seeing Premiership football once more in a few seasons. If relegated this season will only make that journey to the Premiership longer!

He's not a caretaker manager according to Dirk Gently. He is apparently the "permanent" manager.