Back from the game - Sheffield Utd

susieroyal

Re: Back from the game - Sheffield Utd

by susieroyal » 27 Jan 2010 00:07

Focher
susieroyal At least the tickets were cheap!

And I got a nice dinner at my mum's on the way.

I got back earlier than I expected and a good parking spot.

Enjoyed my fruit pastilles at half time.

Think that was it for good points!

Did you see any knuckle draggers or Whippets?

Unfortunately not, no. Few flasks in the away end.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Jan 2010 01:16

depressing

we could have played all night and not scored

I asked the team's bus driver if he would leave Shane in Sheffield after his miss in the second half

not only did we not look like scoring but we looked like we would concede every time the attacted

tonights performance was nervy from the start and confidence will again have taken a beating

do the players care if they get us relegated?
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 27 Jan 2010 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Jan 2010 01:27

jimmy harper must be loving it

yuomi

by yuomi » 27 Jan 2010 01:30

Last edited by yuomi on 27 Jan 2010 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

yuomi

by yuomi » 27 Jan 2010 01:31

I'm not sure how, in all good faith, shane long has the gall to collect a salary from this club.

That is all.

(Apologies for the above.doing this on a mobile with mildly inebriated digits is tricksy.)
Last edited by yuomi on 27 Jan 2010 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Jan 2010 01:33

Not a fan of long, but IMO that goal at anfield will live long( no pun intended) in the memory, massive goal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2010 01:43

Yet some of us will be "happy" with letting BM continue to 'manage' :roll:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Jan 2010 02:17

Well the Plymouth 'never to happen again' came back around the corner and bit the team on the arse again.

Harper played his ass off and when you see him proving his point on the pitch, it galls the feck out of me.

Long should have put the goal away. We couldn't hit a barn door all night.
Have we got a drawing board we can even go back to with this team.
Kebe taking a corner. :!: That sums it up.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Jan 2010 04:32

Really poor display. While it didn't match the shambles of Plymouth, it was a poor display from the team and the team selected by McDermott was poor.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Jan 2010 04:44

I would like to add we were 2nd best all night against a team who didn't even play that well. It took a glance at the squad lists in the programme to appreciate just how far apart we are. Defensively we were shakey again, midfield we were battered all over the park and up-front we missed golden opportunities.

I've given Brian McDermott the benefit of the doubt, we've seen improvements in certain areas but we aern't clynicle enough in front of goal and with the players we have, we'll give the opposition enough chances to hurt us.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 27 Jan 2010 07:32

We have good players but don`t defend as a unit......according to the Barnsley scout anyway. We know Ingimarsson can do this but can Mills? Have Ingimarsson`s legs gone? He is unrecognisable as the player from three seasons ago.
The ball watching was appalling. Of all the departures from the club maybe we are missing Wally Downes the most.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 27 Jan 2010 07:39

Time to start preparing for league one on that showing. Spineless, gutless appalling "performance" against a stunningly average sheffield side. As soon as the team sheet was read out and Mcdonut had picked Cisse again you knew how the first half would run - does Cisse have compromising pictures of hammond and Mcdonut soemwhere otherwise i would ship him out now - two games and two substitutions at half time (and that was 40 minutes too late in both cases). No player really stood out and half the team went missing - I would give them all a collective 4. I woudl also seriously question the Academy and player development at Reading as apart from Sigurdsson the rest of the so called bright young things have not advanced at all in the last 12-18 months and don't look like they have what it takes to be regular championship players-Karacan and Pearce still look naive and inconsistent and the rest do not even make the bench these days.

SJM - this club is rotting from the top down - you're at the top sort your managemnt team out and that means Howe hammond and Mcdonut this club has been a shambles this season and somebody at thte top should be held to account for that.

Woking Royal

by Woking Royal » 27 Jan 2010 07:51

From the BBC Web site

Sheffield United boss Kevin Blackwell:

"If it was a school report, it would be 'could do better'. We started so well, but I felt that we took our feet off the pedal.

"It became too easy and we were too sloppy. They are a team full of Premier League players, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but you have got to beat teams like that.

"In the end it was thoroughly professional, but I would like to have seen certain things done better."

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Jan 2010 08:52

There seems to be so much inevitability about everything related to Reading games. We were always going to lose this game, their keeper was always going to play a blinder as we fluffed chances and the ref was alway going to be shit.

The only surprise was Sig missing the penalty, but I guess everyone saw his last one on telly.

So queue the over-reaction on Saturday as we play a 4-5-1 formation and are happy with a 0-0 draw against a team we need to beat to get out this relegation mess

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Jan 2010 09:14

Poor performance by a team that quite frankly is not good enough too many players do not turn up.

Cisse, McAnuff and Thor were not on the pitch.

Ist half - A penalty miss by the Sig and Ingarsson miss timing a free header for Nunn to save.

Howard tried to inject some energy in the second half with only one chance created which Long hit straight at Nunn.

This weekend it is Barnsley at home - nothing but a win will do.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 11:08

How long have the players been at the club - especially the CMs?
Howard and Tabb - 1 year
Cisse - 2.5 years
Matejovsky - 2 years
Gunnarsson - 4.5 years
Sig, Karacan etc 5 years +???

AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE BEST CM PAIRING IS? WTF IS GOING ON???

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 27 Jan 2010 11:23

Terminal Boardom How long have the players been at the club - especially the CMs?
Howard and Tabb - 1 year
Cisse - 2.5 years
Matejovsky - 2 years
Gunnarsson - 4.5 years
Sig, Karacan etc 5 years +???

AND WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE BEST CM PAIRING IS? WTF IS GOING ON???

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 27 Jan 2010 11:40

James Harper and one of the above! :roll:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 27 Jan 2010 11:53

One simple question.
We won on Saturday (yes I know subs were on when we eventually scored but we played quite well and could have scored earlier) so why change the team?
It looks as though McD is like Rodgers in being too clever by resting players and forever changing the line-up.
If the likes of Rasiak and Bryn can't play 2 games in 4 days they shouldn't be professional footballers.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Jan 2010 11:56

BR2 One simple question.
We won on Saturday (yes I know subs were on when we eventually scored but we played quite well and could have scored earlier) so why change the team?
It looks as though McD is like Rodgers in being too clever by resting players and forever changing the line-up.
If the likes of Rasiak and Bryn can't play 2 games in 4 days they shouldn't be professional footballers.

I really agree with the bottom line. I find it crackers that professional athletes are incapble of 2 games in 4 days. I know they are towards the senior years of their careers but they are in a lot better shape than local players that manage to do the same thing. If they are that tired after a game on a saturday then give them a day off training and get them right for the game Tuesday if they are in your plans.