New Manager

Forest Gump

Re: New Manager

by Forest Gump » 26 Jan 2010 23:56

Can't blame Mc Dermott because he hasn;t been give enough resources to do the job.
Think changes do need to be made but those responsible have got to be made to account for their mis-management - Madejski and Hammond it's about time you were honest with the fans and the Club and did the honorable thing. Madejski can't relieve himself of his Chairmanship of course but Hammond must be terminated.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 27 Jan 2010 00:30

URZZZZZZZZ Big Ern

I fooking kick ass on Football Manager.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 27 Jan 2010 00:36

Forest Gump Hammond must be terminated.

Bit harsh

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 10:14

Rax Biggus Dikkus

He has a wife you know. Her name is Incontinentia...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 10:18

This is who we need.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Jan 2010 10:20

Terminal Boardom This is who we need.

As much of a tool as the bloke is, someone like that you feel would give Reading a decent chance of staying up.

tlcs

by tlcs » 27 Jan 2010 10:27

Alan Partridge

As much of a tool as the bloke is, someone like that you feel would give Reading a decent chance of staying up.

Yes please

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 27 Jan 2010 10:28

tlcs
Alan Partridge

Yes please

it really has come to something when i start to think that maybe this wouldnt be the worst idea in the world

tlcs

by tlcs » 27 Jan 2010 10:35

Warnock might be the biggest @rick on record but the team need a kick up the arse and he is the RIGHT person to do this.

RAFMAN

by RAFMAN » 27 Jan 2010 10:39

[/quote]

As much of a tool as the bloke is, someone like that you feel would give Reading a decent chance of staying up.[/quote]

Yes please[/quote]

it really has come to something when i start to think that maybe this wouldnt be the worst idea in the world[/quote]

I hate the man and agree that it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world - he may just fire up the team for the fight!!!!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 27 Jan 2010 10:43

Warnock- like a shot

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 27 Jan 2010 10:54

I have argued the case consistently for the same man since the week the ridiculous sacking of Rodgers occurred. He is clearly not a popular choice with most supporters but Ian Dowie is the best option if Reading are to avoid the drop. I have no doubt that even with the transfer window closed, Dowie would keep Reading up.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 27 Jan 2010 11:58

Dream manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (i keep saying this.. he is doing a good job at Man Utd reserves, already been offered the Norwegian national job and said he wants to get into 1st team management)

Realistically: there isn't that many people around who we would realistically get... Mad dog wouldn't be a bad shout i reckon though (if you ignore Cheltenham, he has done well wherever he went... usually on a limited budget)

Worryingly attractive choice: Colin.... I'm not sure how i would react to him coming in... but he isn't happy at Palace atm, so might be looking for a way out... would be very surprised to see him leave, and even more surprised to see him come to us! Would be fun signing 'Colin W@nkers barmy army though.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jan 2010 12:08

If we're going to apoint anyone other than McDermott I think the obvious candidate is Megson.

Other than him I can't see anyone available who would be a good fit. I've always quite fancied Hoddle for the job, but I'm not sure the situation is right for him at the moment.

Maybe Megson on a short term basis until the summer so that both parties can then see what else is about in the summer.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 27 Jan 2010 12:14

what about managed by a fan's committee. Would that satisfy you all? :roll:

AF2

by AF2 » 27 Jan 2010 12:15

so we all hate Mcdermott again now, right :?:

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:18

BobKnows what about managed by a fan's committee. Would that satisfy you all? :roll:

Reading Football Club run by Hob Nob.... good god... now theres a scary thought!
Reading Football Club run by me however... i hadn't thought of that, i have proven potential at this level, avoiding relegation (admittedly on Championship Manager... but i still got the experience!) and working on a limited budget I am a student after all! I shall call Sir John now! Good thinking Bob, you may have just saved this club! In 3 seasons time i shall have us winning the premiership! :lol:
Last edited by robb the royal on 27 Jan 2010 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:19

Warnock - hate him at other clubs. But you know that you'd love him as ours. And he's the sort we'd need.

I'm still backing Brian until he gets to 10 league games though.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Jan 2010 12:19

Forest Gump Can't blame Mc Dermott because he hasn;t been give enough resources to do the job.
Think changes do need to be made but those responsible have got to be made to account for their mis-management - Madejski and Hammond it's about time you were honest with the fans and the Club and did the honorable thing. Madejski can't relieve himself of his Chairmanship of course but Hammond must be terminated.

Got to agree - its about time Hammond fell on his own sword - for too long he's enjoyed falling on Egomans :D

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Jan 2010 12:23

[quote="robb the royal"]Dream manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (i keep saying this.. he is doing a good job at Man Utd reserves, already been offered the Norwegian national job and said he wants to get into 1st team management)

[quote]

Yeah sure, another young manager who's only experience is managing a reserve team in completely different circumstances from us. Why not just re-appoint BR, he was great for Chelsea reserves.