New Manager

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: New Manager

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:25

Hoop Blah If we're going to apoint anyone other than McDermott I think the obvious candidate is Megson.

Other than him I can't see anyone available who would be a good fit. I've always quite fancied Hoddle for the job, but I'm not sure the situation is right for him at the moment.

Maybe Megson on a short term basis until the summer so that both parties can then see what else is about in the summer.

Megson is a very underrated manager. Would certainly sort out the mess this club has become. Never given a fair crack by the Bolton fans, but still did a good job keeping them up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:26

Royalwaster
robb the royal Dream manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (i keep saying this.. he is doing a good job at Man Utd reserves, already been offered the Norwegian national job and said he wants to get into 1st team management)

Yeah sure, another young manager who's only experience is managing a reserve team in completely different circumstances from us. Why not just re-appoint BR, he was great for Chelsea reserves.

McDermott won the reserve league a couple of times... With US. so that surely makes him a better bet than Rodgers or Solskjaer based on that.

robb the royal

by robb the royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:32

Ian Royal
Royalwaster Yeah sure, another young manager who's only experience is managing a reserve team in completely different circumstances from us. Why not just re-appoint BR, he was great for Chelsea reserves.
[/quote]

McDermott won the reserve league a couple of times... With US. so that surely makes him a better bet than Rodgers or Solskjaer based on that.[/quote]

Yeah ok, fair points.... but then again BR or McDermott didn't spend most of their career playing under potentially the best ever british manager... or get offered a national job before ever being proven... besides, everyone wanted Darren Ferguson and he hasn't proven himself at championship level either. I was just saying he is worth a shot.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jan 2010 12:34

Ian Royal McDermott won the reserve league a couple of times... With US. so that surely makes him a better bet than Rodgers or Solskjaer based on that.

Have you ever watched any Reserve team football Ian (or anyone else thinking reserve team success is relevant)?

It's a world away from the first team and requires a different set of qualities and getting the results isn't the be all and end all that it is with the first team.

Some reserve team managers might make good club managers, but I don't think it's really a good indicator. It's the man behind the results that counts, and not the results themselves.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 27 Jan 2010 12:37

BFG

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 27 Jan 2010 12:37

BFD

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Jan 2010 12:37

readingbedding Paul Jewell

I would give him a contract untill end of season, and if he keeps us up, give him a 2 year deal. I would love it if we get Jewell.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:38

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal McDermott won the reserve league a couple of times... With US. so that surely makes him a better bet than Rodgers or Solskjaer based on that.

Have you ever watched any Reserve team football Ian (or anyone else thinking reserve team success is relevant)?

It's a world away from the first team and requires a different set of qualities and getting the results isn't the be all and end all that it is with the first team.

Some reserve team managers might make good club managers, but I don't think it's really a good indicator. It's the man behind the results that counts, and not the results themselves.

Do you really think that was a serious post?

I'm well aware reserve team management is very different, which is WHY I said that if you're judging based on that McDermott is equally if not more qualified as he's won reserve titles with our players, plenty of whom are now first teamers.

It doesn't mean I think that's true.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Jan 2010 12:41

I wasn't sure to be honest Ian, it was one of your posts afterall so I thought it could well have been a genuine opinion because it was so wide of the mark.

It was also aimed at the others and not just you, I just quoted your post as it was the most recent.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 12:47

Hoop Blah I wasn't sure to be honest Ian, it was one of your posts afterall so I thought it could well have been a genuine opinion because it was so wide of the mark.

It was also aimed at the others and not just you, I just quoted your post as it was the most recent.

tit.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 27 Jan 2010 21:57

Avon Royal Now that it's obvious that McDermott won't get the job...

DOH!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 22:06

Muskrat
Avon Royal Now that it's obvious that McDermott won't get the job...

DOH!

HA-HA!

Rax

by Rax » 27 Jan 2010 22:18

Terminal Boardom
Rax Biggus Dikkus

He has a wife you know. Her name is Incontinentia...

We'll get her in too!

:lol: