Back from the game - Sheffield Utd

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Back from the game - Sheffield Utd

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 20:16

juanpablo we were unlucky at points

the goal a oxf*rd joke letting him bring it down on his knee but then we had the better chances and the opposite keeper again had a blinder. Penalty scored would have seen us well on top going into the break. Instead we end up going in 2 down

there is not a league between us and sheffield thats for sure but it seems like we get punished for every mistake and get no luck in return (on top of our mistakes obviously)

We need another forward hell id give Brighton 200k and pay Forsters wages for rest of the season then send him back once we stay up.

support was pathetic but atleast they were there 10 pound a ticket and less than 200 do me a oxf*rd favourm but then i suppose most of you would have less time to post on here

Or maybe some people would struggle to make the 4 hour drive to Sheffield on a working/school day......

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 20:37

I served my apprenticeship of back to back away games in the 1980s and 1990s. My priorities changed which is part of life. Halifax on a Friday night in Div 4 anyone???

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 22:05

Watched the highlights. I don't think a single member of the defence comes out of those few minutes with any credit what-so-ever.

No awareness. No marking. No anticipation. Woeful.

Long has surprised me. He actually has a WORSE first touch than Lloyd Owusu. How their player wasn't at least booked for the penalty is beyond me. Harsh to give him a red for it as to be a goalscoring chance you're making the huge assumption that Long would have been able to control the ball.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 27 Jan 2010 22:09

winchester_royal
juanpablo we were unlucky at points

the goal a oxf*rd joke letting him bring it down on his knee but then we had the better chances and the opposite keeper again had a blinder. Penalty scored would have seen us well on top going into the break. Instead we end up going in 2 down

there is not a league between us and sheffield thats for sure but it seems like we get punished for every mistake and get no luck in return (on top of our mistakes obviously)

We need another forward hell id give Brighton 200k and pay Forsters wages for rest of the season then send him back once we stay up.

support was pathetic but atleast they were there 10 pound a ticket and less than 200 do me a oxf*rd favourm but then i suppose most of you would have less time to post on here

Or maybe some people would struggle to make the 4 hour drive to Sheffield on a working/school day......

yeah I know, it was just a sad site and near on silence throughout (atleast we matched the home fans)

just pissed off with the whole situation at the moment :(:(:(

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jan 2010 22:35

Hoop Blah
Crowthorne Royal Reasons for both scenario's - I'm soory to say - Madejski.

He had the opportunity in that Jan transfer window to invest and maybe he could have sold his Premiership club, it defies belief that this shrewd businessman couldn't see what we all could.

That's totally overlooking the admission by Coppell that he looked at and decided not to buy the likes of Cahil, Taylor and O'Neil because he didn't think they were better than what he already had.

He's admitted that was his mistake and that he should've strengthened but didn't.

You can't blame the Chairman for that.

So where did the effing money go that Coppell supposedly declined to spend?!

Madejski is completely at fault and should take all the blame. Despite his claims to the contrary, he doesn't strike me as someone who lets others make decisions for him or takes too much notice of others opinions. Maybe some on here should ask a few people who work in some of his other companies what they think of his style.

MADEJSKI OUT NOW!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jan 2010 22:38

It doesn't just sit in a pot. It's budgeted for, but if it doesn't get spent it is no longer available. We don't have a bank balance of cash somewhere accumulating interest. We have plenty of debt.This isn't Champ man where budgets roll over.