Press conference today-mid afternoon

157 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Press conference today-mid afternoon

by Terminal Boardom » 28 Jan 2010 20:14

DOYLERSAROYALER
Gav
Royal Rother Very politely put Sun Tzu I thought.

For me, when some cretin calls the bloke who put everything in place to achieve what has been achieved over the last 2 decades a tightarse fcukwit because he won't gamble with his own money to the level said cretin thinks he should it actually makes me chuckle these days.

Whilst fans of clubs all around us are facing administration due to over-spending, plus suffering various humiliations heaped upon them by all manner of foreign owners, the fact that RFC supporters can be so incredibly and unutterably pigshit thick (not to mention ungrateful) is no longer a source of irritation to me, just a source of amusement.

+1,000,000

+1,000,000 ???? Well Gav must fall into that pigshit thick then, or has been brainwashed by the other thickos on here :D

Sorry, but I would not call Royal Rother or Sun Tzu as being a thicko. Sure, I will disagree with what they will say from time to time and there are other times when we have agreed on things. It takes all sorts!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Jan 2010 20:27

Terminal Boardom
DOYLERSAROYALER
+1,000,000 ???? Well Gav must fall into that pigshit thick then, or has been brainwashed by the other thickos on here :D

Sorry, but I would not call Royal Rother or Sun Tzu as being a thicko. Sure, I will disagree with what they will say from time to time and there are other times when we have agreed on things. It takes all sorts!

To be honest being called a 'thicko' by DOYLER is a bit like being called a slow coach by Rasiak or Jimmy Kebe saying I'm no good in the air.....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Jan 2010 20:34

either what was said at the press conference was so monumentally mind blowing that the press have had to take the afternoon off to digest it all
or
it was the dullest event in the history of pressconferences

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Jan 2010 21:18

Sun Tzu
RoyalBlue
Whilst fans of clubs all around us are facing administration due to over-spending, plus suffering various humiliations heaped upon them by all manner of foreign owners

All around us?! Various humiliations heaped upon them?! Nothing like a bit of exaggeration for effect is there!

Pompey - who is this month's shady owner ? How many times have they missed paying their players ?
Man Utd - owners issuing a prospectus begging for investment that flags all sorts of desperate possibilities. Their fans abandon their famous club colours in protest
Watford - tottering from one financial crisis to another
Notts County - big promises, big names, see you in court
Crystal Palace - big debts, no assets, 11 place drop in one day
Liverpool - massive debts, owners who don't speak, directors who send offensive emails to fans, manager they can;t sack becasue he's on a 5 year deal along with all his staff
Hull - their auditors issue a warning about their financial viability and their former chiarman is issued with an injunction freezing his assets. Still at least they invested big money !
West Ham - even their new owners describe them as a basket case

I'm sure I've missed a few !

The rest of your post was frankly just rather silly and sad.

Cardiff - sold next year's season tickets on the promise that the money would be spent on players, only to admit that it will actually go to HMRC and assets will be sold off to avoid administration.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Jan 2010 21:19

Well done Peter Risdale on that one :| I bet the Cardiff fans are fuming.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Jan 2010 22:13

Apologies for butting in on your provate slagging match, but

would ONE of you bickering fishwives PLEASE just tell us what the press conference was about?!?!

Thank you so much for your anticipated co-operation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2010 22:15

PEARCEY Well done Peter Risdale on that one :| I bet the Cardiff fans are fuming.

They should only be fuming with themselves for falling for it.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Jan 2010 22:30

strap Apologies for butting in on your provate slagging match, but

would ONE of you bickering fishwives PLEASE just tell us what the press conference was about?!?!

Thank you so much for your anticipated co-operation.

You've got access to the same sources of info as the rest of us so if you don;t know how are we supposed to ?

Best guess is it didn;t happen. Perhaps they decided there was no need to hold a conference to announce what most people had assumed would be the case anyway re McDermott

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 28 Jan 2010 23:19

RoyalBlue
West_Reading
Royal Rother Very politely put Sun Tzu I thought.

For me, when some cretin calls the bloke who put everything in place to achieve what has been achieved over the last 2 decades a tightarse fcukwit because he won't gamble with his own money to the level said cretin thinks he should it actually makes me chuckle these days.

Whilst fans of clubs all around us are facing administration due to over-spending, plus suffering various humiliations heaped upon them by all manner of foreign owners, the fact that RFC supporters can be so incredibly and unutterably pigshit thick (not to mention ungrateful) is no longer a source of irritation to me, just a source of amusement.

Exactly. I don't think that anyone can argue against the fact that this has been an awful season so far, but to lay all the blame at Madejski's door is the wrong option and a very ungrateful one too. We lost our Premiership status because we lost EIGHT games on the trot and SSC (For all the immense good he done at the club) wasn't able to fix it and we went down on goal difference. Last season again we threw away our entire season, due to no fault on SJM's part.

OMG 'ungrateful'?? Who the hell do you people think that the, previously little heard of, Madejski really did it for?!! And would any of you care to quantify exactly how much of his money he has put into the club? I suspect it's nowhere near as much as many think and certainly not as much as was initially suggested. Taken as a percentage of his disposable income, I suspect it would appear somewhat less generous too. And perhaps it's a bit easier to give away money that, but for a perfectly legal tax holiday, might otherwise have gone to HMRC.

We are where we are today because Madejski was not prepared to play the game by the normal rules i.e. he wanted to play in a league that would allow him to rub shoulders and play with the big boys without paying the normal membership fees. The lack of proper investment in the playing squad over the past few years started off our problems and the cloth cutting of this season has been absolutely suicidal. Yet still the Madejski dispciples will not answer this simple question: If we were the fantastically well run club that Madejski, his employees and disciples kept telling us we were, how come we so suddenly found ourselves in a position where such savage cuts were required almost overnight?

If such a well run club can't make it to the very top level without crashing down through the leagues in flames just a couple of season's later, how come less well run clubs manage to? It's not even like our season ticket sales and attendances were that poor, although that may well change as we stare relegation in the face due the cloth cutting that Madejski ordered.

Whilst fans of clubs all around us are facing administration due to over-spending, plus suffering various humiliations heaped upon them by all manner of foreign owners

All around us?! Various humiliations heaped upon them?! Nothing like a bit of exaggeration for effect is there!

I long for the day when Madejski leaves and takes his despondent and disillusioned followers with him. It is they, not the supporters who are understandably calling for Madejski's departure, who are the real cretins.

Now be good boys, run along and get back to bowing at your hero's feet. Who knows, one day he might even look down and bother to acknowledge you!

Dirk Gently
howser We lost, probably our most instinctive current striker, Noel Hunt as the season started, and should have replaced him as soon as possible rather than go with a group of strikers who, at the moment couldn't hit a horses ass with a barn door, it isnt like they have just stopped scoring, they havent been all season, there can be no argument with that.

See how easy it is to change the facts to support the argument you're trying to make. Noel Hunt was injured against West Brom on October 17th. Hardly "as the season started" and a good 8 weeks after the transfer window was closed!

But wasn't it actually another 'Little type' case? Weren't there doubts as to whether he had fully recovered from his injury which then became well founded. Indeed didn't Hunt himself mention that he had still been carrying a niggle? Either way, footballers get injured and the loss of Hunt proved that we had cut the cloth far too savagely and lacked proper cover for our striker(s).

Your'e not real are you?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Jan 2010 23:41

It must be depressing spending all that time typing that post knowing no-one is going to read it all.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Jan 2010 23:52

SLAMMED It must be depressing spending all that time typing that post knowing no-one is going to read it all.

You'd know.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Jan 2010 23:57

Don't usually post more than a few lines, so doesn't take more than a few seconds to write.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Jan 2010 00:00

SLAMMED Don't usually post more than a few lines

And we're all very grateful 8)

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Jan 2010 08:46

As Sun Tzu intimated, that as I live in the North of Scotland I would not have the "Knowledge" of the mightier more local supporters, well this may come as a surprise to those in the big town, that aeroplanes have started to fly out of the outback territory of Morayshire and are permitted to land in the motherland, after all the security checks etc...(Must stop Scottish kilted Talliban from entering the motherland) , and even Reading FC have allowed someone who lives outside the hallowed turf of Berkshire to have a membership card (had to lie about me address though, Scottish Talliban insurgent fears etc........) So visits to the egostad are more often than it had obviously been thought, hopefully we will get Television up here soon, just need a bigger dynamo in the sub-station, so will be able to watch matches on that square box thingy.

But diverse, I assume, maybe wrongly as I am unknowledgeable not living in Reading, oh newspapers will be most welcome up here next year !!, that it is now McDermott and Gibbs that are now, The Manager, Assistant Manager, Reserve Team Manager, Reserve Team Assistant, Chief Scout, Scout ??

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Jan 2010 10:18

howser As Sun Tzu intimated, that as I live in the North of Scotland I would not have the "Knowledge" of the mightier more local supporters, well this may come as a surprise to those in the big town, that aeroplanes have started to fly out of the outback territory of Morayshire and are permitted to land in the motherland, after all the security checks etc...(Must stop Scottish kilted Talliban from entering the motherland) , and even Reading FC have allowed someone who lives outside the hallowed turf of Berkshire to have a membership card (had to lie about me address though, Scottish Talliban insurgent fears etc........) So visits to the egostad are more often than it had obviously been thought, hopefully we will get Television up here soon, just need a bigger dynamo in the sub-station, so will be able to watch matches on that square box thingy.

But diverse, I assume, maybe wrongly as I am unknowledgeable not living in Reading, oh newspapers will be most welcome up here next year !!, that it is now McDermott and Gibbs that are now, The Manager, Assistant Manager, Reserve Team Manager, Reserve Team Assistant, Chief Scout, Scout ??

You have a sub-station? :shock: :lol:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Jan 2010 10:31

SLAMMED It must be depressing spending all that time typing that post knowing no-one is going to read it all.

True, Spammed.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Jan 2010 12:06

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Jan 2010 12:11

Brians a decent enough guy but having watched the video of the Press Conference - he slightly overdid it on the "licking the chairmans arse" side of things!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 29 Jan 2010 12:13

great to see the positive vibes in the comments section :lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Jan 2010 12:21

Focher great to see the positive vibes in the comments section :lol:

Indeed - but you would have a great time playing bullshit bingo whilst listening to the 20 minute video ...and see why those comments are so apt!

157 posts