Press conference today-mid afternoon

157 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Press conference today-mid afternoon

by Arch » 31 Jan 2010 16:55

Royalee Losing £12 million worth of assets and replacing it with less than £3 million worth is not 'spending a lot' Ian, whether you choose to accept it or not.

But it is spending £3 million, which was the point in the context. The club could have chosen to spend nothing. But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 16:57

Royalee Losing £12 million worth of assets and replacing it with less than £3 million worth is not 'spending a lot' Ian, whether you choose to accept it or not.

I'm not arguing with you on this, because it's utterly pointless and I see no reason to keep going over all the same ground that's been said a million times before already.

It's time to get behind the team and McDermott not get involved in petty little arguments about pointing fingers.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 Jan 2010 17:06

Arch

But it is spending £3 million, which was the point in the context. The club could have chosen to spend nothing. But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Context? Compared to other clubs, we have spent very little.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 Jan 2010 17:07

Ian Royal

It's time to get behind the team and McDermott not get involved in petty little arguments about pointing fingers.

Doesn't seem to have stopped you though.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jan 2010 17:30

Maguire
brendywendy TBF he should have specified.
also need clarification on whether he means in a sprint or over distance

Surely in terms of top speed :|

Which would be the falcon. I saw a TV show once, which was an experience in itself, when Steve Leonard showed how it could catch a free-falling human who'd jumped from a hot air balloon basket.

Surely a falcon is only faster in a dive? Has anybody chucked a cheetah off a cliff and timed it on the way down? It might actually be quicker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 17:39

What about a Blue Whale dropped from 30,000 feet?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jan 2010 17:42

Ian Royal What about a Blue Whale dropped from 30,000 feet?

Not as quick as a bowl of petunias over the same distance, if memory serves me correctly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 18:26

rabidbee

Not as quick as a bowl of petunias over the same distance, if memory serves me correctly.

I think on that occasion it was not aided by the belly flop technique, nose first would be a different story IMO. Much more aerodynamic.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 31 Jan 2010 19:17

Ian Royal
rabidbee

I think on that occasion it was not aided by the belly flop technique, nose first would be a different story IMO. Much more aerodynamic.

Wouldn't make any difference if it was in a vacuum.

Though, tbf, I don't think even Dyson do one big enough to get a whale in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 19:25

Since when has a planet with an atmosphere been a vacuum?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jan 2010 19:27

Ian Royal Since when has a planet with an atmosphere been a vacuum?

since the day gravity was a myth
the earth sucked

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 31 Jan 2010 19:36

Yebbut, the number of planets in the universe having an atmosphere is almost infinitely small relavite to the total number of planets, so the improbably of a whale materialising at 30,000 feet over a planet with an atmosphere must approach infinty^2.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 19:45

Pseud O'Nym

Yebbut, the number of planets in the universe having an atmosphere is almost infinitely small relavite to the total number of planets, so the improbably of a whale materialising at 30,000 feet over a planet with an atmosphere must approach infinty^2.

Magarathea had an atmosphere. Earth has an atmosphere. Surely those are the only two that have any relevance to the discussion?

And as far as I know, all the planets in this solar system have an atmosphere, so why must most not have one given we barely know ones outside our solar system exist?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 31 Jan 2010 20:21

Royal Lady LOL! Tens of thousands!! We don't even have tens of thousands of fans!! I live a few miles from the Mad Stad btw and the only Reading fan I work with is Schards, I have no idea whether anyone in our local is also a Reading fan and I've only ever met Northern Git in Sainsbury's on the odd occasion and spoken about the state of RFC!! Other than that Sun Tzu - spot on.

We obviously do have 10's of thousands of fans, although I of course bow to your unimpeachable research ! I was in Sainsbury's today in fact and bumped into a chap as I took a trolley who I see at games often, there was another bloke in a Royals baseball cap, a family with a kid in a Royals top and half a dozen cars with RFC stickers.

You simply don';t pay attention....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2010 20:39

Sun Tzu
Royal Lady LOL! Tens of thousands!! We don't even have tens of thousands of fans!! I live a few miles from the Mad Stad btw and the only Reading fan I work with is Schards, I have no idea whether anyone in our local is also a Reading fan and I've only ever met Northern Git in Sainsbury's on the odd occasion and spoken about the state of RFC!! Other than that Sun Tzu - spot on.

We obviously do have 10's of thousands of fans, although I of course bow to your unimpeachable research ! I was in Sainsbury's today in fact and bumped into a chap as I took a trolley who I see at games often, there was another bloke in a Royals baseball cap, a family with a kid in a Royals top and half a dozen cars with RFC stickers.

You simply don';t pay attention....

We must have 10's of thousands - excluding the Frachise family, there's at least a dozen in Franchise Town alone. Met one in Tesco, and when I revealed myself he seemed genuinely shocked. (Can't wait for the responses to that one)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2010 20:41

I see the occasional one in Cambridge...

And lets face it, most fans don't advertise who they support to strangers do they!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2010 20:42

Ian Royal I see the occasional one in Cambridge...

And lets face it, most fans don't advertise who they support to strangers do they!

Actually, we (the Franchise family) do - and are proud of it. The guy we saw in Tesco clearly does - or it could've been the RFC tatto on his forehead.

157 posts