Scapegoat of the week!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Scapegoat of the week!

by winchester_royal » 14 Feb 2010 19:41

SHORT AND CURLY My scapegoat for yesterday was Jobi Mcanuff. Had a poor game.
In my humble opinion Kebe was far more of a threat to the opposition.

(Tin hat on waiting for the Kebe haters to bombard me with grief)

Spot on. McAnuff has been quite poor recently.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Feb 2010 19:45

andrew1957
Cookie The boy covered every blade of grass yesterday, his work-rate was extremely high.
He tackled hard and often and you could see he frequently hurt himself in the process.
And in my view it was no surprise that the (undeserved) equaliser was scored after he was replaced.
He's young, he's already being scouted by much bigger clubs, he's a winner, and if his follow-up distribution was better we would struggle to keep him.

HTH :P

I agree entirely. Karacan is a Paul Scholes type player of the future - but less likely to get sent off. He will almost certainly end up at a top half PL club.

Spot on. Except taller! and not Ginger!

He has run his heart out which is why he has been sub'd.

by the way I'm 5'7" and have a ginger wife

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Feb 2010 19:50

Kebe's a massive danger until he has to make a decision.

Every single time he gets it wrong, passes when he should keep it, keeps it when he should pass it. Crosses back post when he should go near, near when he should go far.

He is a threat though, keeps the ball when we need to defend too. A good back up to Jobi imo.

So frustrating, but he will never change.

Jem on the other hand will get better. All our youngsters have been over exposed and except Sig have strugled. But like Church, Jem will be a massive part of RFC over the next few years.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Feb 2010 20:30

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Kebe's a massive danger until he has to make a decision.

Every single time he gets it wrong, passes when he should keep it, keeps it when he should pass it. Crosses back post when he should go near, near when he should go far.

He is a threat though, keeps the ball when we need to defend too. A good back up to Jobi imo.

So frustrating, but he will never change.

Jem on the other hand will get better. All our youngsters have been over exposed and except Sig have strugled. But like Church, Jem will be a massive part of RFC over the next few years.
Yep, Kebe made the wrong decision yesterday to cooly slot home after 9 seconds :roll:

He's one of our better players on his day, leave off him

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Feb 2010 20:46

Hang on don't go rolling you're eyes at me fella.

:wink:

Yeah it was a great goal, but what did he do after that? The fact that he is capable of scoring those goals shows he does have an ability and I'm by no means a hater, but he was he is. And it's frustrating. He has a job to do and when Sig comes back he will be a great impact sub.

The point I was trying to, but failed to make, was that McAnuff for me is still a much bigger threat, even when not playing well, because he is a much better player than Kebe.

Kebe's decision making 99% of the time lets him down.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Feb 2010 21:06

You could argue that he didn't have the need (or the time) to make a decision before he scored, which is why it all went well.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Feb 2010 21:34

You could see the thought though, he knew what he was doing.

When he gets in that zone he's unplayable, at any level.

He's missing something, not sure he's ever gonna have it.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Feb 2010 22:01

Ian Royal
rabidbee Rasiak is a pretty profligate striker, but if we had two wingers pinging balls in from the by-line onto the penalty spot all game long, he'd score every match. Whilst we're not set up to play like that, he struggles to be involved.

Which makes you wonder why Rodgers bought him, seeing as that really didn't seem like his style of play. Much more Coppell's. I think under McDermott we reverting to much closer to that type of play.

Rasiak's problem is he's largely a passenger, which can make him a luxury a struggling team can ill afford.

Thats bollocks Ian. Rodgers favoured an attacking and passing style of football that created chances in the box and he wanted to play with wingers, as he did at watford for a lot of his time there. They might not have been wide men in a 4-4-2 but they were still there to play out wide and get the ball into the box

If not, why did he sign McAnuff??? :shock:

Rasiak was bought to do a job, he did that for Rodgers pretty well

As for the money Rodgers spent on other players and not the other forward he was looking for, that wasnt INSTEAD of the forward it was AS WELL AS, which is exactly why he had the funds to get Smith in

His mistake was not getting in someone else after losing Hunt through injury and not getting Smith when we had the chance. That is completely different to blowing the budget on other players like Rasiak and Howard

:roll:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Feb 2010 22:06

glass half full
PEARCEY
Royalee Thorvaldsson's on loan and clearly isn't rated by McDermott, Rasiak was on the cheap as a stop gap and the other two simply aren't capable of going on a sustained scoring run. We need a striker capable of getting 15-20 goals a season and have done all year yet it still hasn't been addressed.

We might still have a striker at this club who scores 15/20 goals this season.

It may be a bit harsh to say that Thorvaldsson is not rated by McDermott. He may have been 'nursing' him in carefully. He should have his chance now.

The really odd thing is that it was McD who was tracking him for ages and wanted us to sign him

We looked at bringing him in ages ago remember but we decided that he was too similar to Doyle and it didnt happen

Why he isnt getting a game is quite odd :shock:

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Feb 2010 22:09

I guess starting with one up front leaves us with Rasiak and Church on the bench and no room for Thor.

He'll certainly get a chance with Long out for 4 games.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Feb 2010 08:27

Karacan's work rate is excellent he covers every blade of grass closing the other team down. If his passing could match his work rate he would be a Man Uttd or Chelsea player.

Keep up the good work Jem and practice the passing to your team mates in training a liitle harder - we play in Blue and White hoops.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Feb 2010 09:16

Southbank Old Boy The really odd thing is that it was McD who was tracking him for ages and wanted us to sign him

We looked at bringing him in ages ago remember but we decided that he was too similar to Doyle and it didnt happen

Could it be Long's recent resurgance has left Thor on the bench? I suspect he might get a few starts in the next couple of weeks.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 15 Feb 2010 10:57

The Real Sandhurst Royal Karacan's work rate is excellent he covers every blade of grass closing the other team down. If his passing could match his work rate he would be a Man Uttd or Chelsea player.

Keep up the good work Jem and practice the passing to your team mates in training a liitle harder - we play in Blue and White hoops.

What good is work rate if there is no end result. I have noticed in recent games he has developed a tendency to hit the ball straight up in the air. Does that tend to indicate a lack of confidence by trying to just get rid of the ball as quickly as possible?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 15 Feb 2010 20:56

JC
The Real Sandhurst Royal Karacan's work rate is excellent he covers every blade of grass closing the other team down. If his passing could match his work rate he would be a Man Uttd or Chelsea player.

What good is work rate if there is no end result. I have noticed in recent games he has developed a tendency to hit the ball straight up in the air. Does that tend to indicate a lack of confidence by trying to just get rid of the ball as quickly as possible?

The end result for me is that the opposition just can't get past him. He's a major reason why opponents are stuttering against us recently.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Feb 2010 21:49

Royal With Cheese
Southbank Old Boy The really odd thing is that it was McD who was tracking him for ages and wanted us to sign him

Could it be Long's recent resurgance has left Thor on the bench? I suspect he might get a few starts in the next couple of weeks.

Probably, and as SKDD rightly said 4-5-1 meant less forwards involved

Strikes me as a bit odd that he seems to be behind Long, Church, Rasiak, HRK and possibly even Bignall for a run out though

Guess we might find out where he fits in over the next 4 games

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 16 Feb 2010 02:51

JC

I feel it's just a lack of composure which is also the case with some of his shooting.

As far as i'm concerned there was no scapegoat on Saturday, McDermott i feel did get it wrong with taking Karacan off instead of the spent Bryn in a game that was so stretched by thenthat he couldn't keep up.