Who still wants Madejski to sell?

124 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who still wants Madejski to sell?

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 13:21

Royal_Delight
Dirk Gently
Royal_Delight Well,it depends. If he is selling to a million/billion-aire, at least sell it to someone who will love it and invest significantly every year instead of other owners of other clubs who use it as a 'trophy'. If Madejski is unable to find such a buyer, I say he should stay for the time being.

Define "invest" - "invest" as in lending us lots of money that stays around as debt, or "invest" as in [img]gives%20[/img]us large sums of money.

People who'll do that latter are like rocking-horse droppings - people who'll do the former are extremely dangerous. How do you ensure you know the difference from the start?

Well, someone with a good reputation I suppose. Someone like Abramovich or David Gold?

Is that Roman 'give me your rights to the oil or I'll have my mates shoot you' Abramovich ?

Jimmy the Tree

by Jimmy the Tree » 15 Feb 2010 14:05

From what I've seen about Gold, apart from the Daily Mail contingent getting up in arms over him making his money giving toe curlers to housewives and the hairy palm brigade, he has actually done some good.

Doesn't go overboard, builds up the club then sells it on at a value that reflects that investment.

I'm willing to be shot down over some dodgy dealing he did at Birmingham though, if I missed any.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 15 Feb 2010 14:43

Dirk Gently Abramovich has written off some of the debt recently, but still a considerable amount remains. Notts County were being given the money - and look how well that went.

Hasn't he turned it into shares or something?

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 15 Feb 2010 15:23

Franchise FC Is that Roman 'give me your rights to the oil or I'll have my mates shoot you' Abramovich ?

Didn't Madejski lost quite a fortune during the recession? Still, if a guy who treats the club like a business and has a considerable money to invest to buy better players would be appreciated by me TYVM. :D
Last edited by Royal_Delight on 15 Feb 2010 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 15 Feb 2010 15:27

What?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Feb 2010 17:20

ElmParker SJM is like an aging patriarch trying to look after a large family and set them up to manage when he’s gone.

He wants the children to be happy but knows that most of the time it’s better not to give in to all the pestering but, instead, put up with whinging and tantrums knowing that, when finally they grow up, the kids will be better adults as a result.

Daddy can't afford to buy us a pony and a quad bike and a radio-controlled plane, so everyone should quit f*cking whining and play with the perfectly serviceable toys he bought us for previous birthdays.

a marvellous post

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 17:21

Royal_Delight
Franchise FC Is that Roman 'give me your rights to the oil or I'll have my mates shoot you' Abramovich ?

Didn't Madejski lost quite a fortune during the recession? Still, if a guy who treats the club like a business and has a considerable money to invest to buy better players would be appreciated by me TYVM. :D

I have no idea what you're blithering on about. But there is quite a difference between a Russian Oligarch with alleged organised crime connections and a right dodgy rep and someone with a good reputation.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Feb 2010 17:23

Incidentally for such a successful businessman he must have badly mismanaged matters to be so seriously affected by the credit crunch that he had to sell so many players therefore your assumption that his house is in order ahead of death may well be wide of the mark and often beneficiaries have no qualms about selling the family silver that has been guarded so carefully for so long.

lol at this nonsense.

if you have millions invested in businesses, and there is a huge recession. you will lose money on the majority fo your investments.
his other debts, and our ability to keep/pay players in this league are totally unrelated.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 17:31

Ian Royal
Royal_Delight

I have no idea what you're blithering on about. But there is quite a difference between a Russian Oligarch with alleged organised crime connections and a right dodgy rep and someone with a good reputation.

Ian - help me out here - convince me that Roman and his mates don't read HNA and he doesn't know how to find out who we are !!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 17:36

He's far too busy watching his cronies kneecap Russian Politicians, poison Ukrainian politicians and smuggle radioactive material into the UK for President Putin....

Hang on there's some Eastern European chap at my front door. Says he's got a message for me... BRB.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 15 Feb 2010 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 17:37

It was all going so well till I got to the last word.

Should we be scared ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 17:38

Franchise FC It was all going so well till I got to the last word.

Should we be scared ?

I was hoping you wouldn't read that til I'd got my crafty edit in to terrify you.

0-7

by 0-7 » 15 Feb 2010 17:42

The naming rights of anything JM is involved in is a big sticking point, I asked the club if the stadium's name could be changed by a new owner and did NOT get a YES answer. What a surprise. It's that ego again.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 17:45

Ian Royal

Should we be scared ?

I was hoping you wouldn't read that til I'd got my crafty edit in to terrify you.

Удача - понадейтесь что ваше страхование жизни оплащено вверх

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 17:52

Franchise FC
Ian Royal

Should we be scared ?

Удача - понадейтесь что ваше страхование жизни оплащено вверх

I'm not sure I have any страхование жизни :cry:

Though My pension would pay my mum £50k if I've read it right.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 17:55

Excellent - is that language knowledge or a googled translator ?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Feb 2010 17:57

brendywendy
Incidentally for such a successful businessman he must have badly mismanaged matters to be so seriously affected by the credit crunch that he had to sell so many players therefore your assumption that his house is in order ahead of death may well be wide of the mark and often beneficiaries have no qualms about selling the family silver that has been guarded so carefully for so long.

lol at this nonsense.

if you have millions invested in businesses, and there is a huge recession. you will lose money on the majority fo your investments.
his other debts, and our ability to keep/pay players in this league are totally unrelated.

The golden rule of any investment portfolio is to have a wide range of investments so that you are not exposed to one sector-sense not nonsense.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 17:59

Franchise FC Excellent - is that language knowledge or a googled translator ?

I studied French for five years and can just about say "open the windows please". Take a guess. :lol:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Feb 2010 18:00

Victor Meldrew
brendywendy

lol at this nonsense.

The golden rule of any investment portfolio is to have a wide range of investments so that you are not exposed to one sector-sense not nonsense.

So which sector has been recession-proof?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 18:03

Football ............ oh !

124 posts