kebe celebration

185 posts
peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: kebe celebration

by peterroyal76 » 15 Feb 2010 19:54

Maguire Quite right too - Reading fans are on his back to a ridiculous extent, just itching to have a pop at him.

+1

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Feb 2010 20:03

peterroyal76
Maguire Quite right too - Reading fans are on his back to a ridiculous extent, just itching to have a pop at him.

+1

And just why is that? Is it because he pulls out of a 70:30 tackle when it is in his favour? Is it because he very rarely delivers a decent cross? Is it because his overall decision making is pants? Oh no. He is a genius who scores a goal after 9 seconds. Get a grip guys. He has it in him but we just don't see enough of it. That is why he gets the grief he gets. Nothing more, nothing less!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Feb 2010 20:05

peterroyal76

+1

LOL. Kebe is without doubt one of the most useless players ever to wear a Reading shirt for a sustained period. He may have talent, but very rarely does he even bother making an effort. If this goal does now drive him forward then that is great news for the club. I fully expect him to vanish again from the playing field, as he probably now feels he's done enough this season.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 15 Feb 2010 20:18

Zammo
peterroyal76

+1

LOL. Kebe is without doubt one of the most useless players ever to wear a Reading shirt for a sustained period. He may have talent, but very rarely does he even bother making an effort. If this goal does now drive him forward then that is great news for the club. I fully expect him to vanish again from the playing field, as he probably now feels he's done enough this season.

Paul Brooker? :wink:

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Feb 2010 20:24

I've been pretty impressed by Kebe this year, when ever I've watched he's tracked back and made a nuisance of himself when necessary.

If there was one thing I'd like him to change it would be that he always seems to cut inside. Just once it would be nice to see him go on the outside and tear the defender a new hole.

Thought he was much more committed than Gunnar who just seemed to wander around the midfield unable to catch up with anyone or indeed Bertrand who seemed to be at fault for the first goal.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 15 Feb 2010 20:57

Where are you getting the assists stats from? I love stuff like this :D :oops:

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 15 Feb 2010 21:12

Love Kebe, hate Marmite.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2010 21:37

brendywendy for any one of our players to recieve audible boos and groans when his name is read out before the game is a fecking disgrace.

no wonder the guy is nervy.

its on a par with the awful booing of JM with the "where has all the money gone" chants etc

Nothing awful about the latter and I hope it makes JM nervy. During the good times, he was only too happy to call on us to praise him, coming out on the pitch and waving his arms like the Pope. if he can't stand the heat now that that times are tough he should hurry up and get out of the kitchen!

Agree with the point about having a go at the players though.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 15 Feb 2010 21:46

Ellpryjon
zammo

Michael Gilkes.

Kebe is what he is (and Gilkes was) - a slightly above average lower league winger - 60% frustrating, 20% thrilling and 20% match winner.

To say he is "one of the most useless players ever to wear a Reading shirt" says more about the poster than it does about Kebe.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Feb 2010 21:54

Gilkes used his pace to good effect. Kebe does not. Gilkes could play left back, wing back, left wing and up front. Kebe?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 15 Feb 2010 22:01

wolsey
Ellpryjon
zammo

Michael Gilkes.

Kebe is what he is (and Gilkes was) - a slightly above average lower league winger - 60% frustrating, 20% thrilling and 20% match winner.

To say he is "one of the most useless players ever to wear a Reading shirt" says more about the poster than it does about Kebe.

:roll:

Kebe 20% match winner ? Name the games and I'll agree with you. Oh, and don't ever mention Gilkes and Kebe in the same post again. Kebe is not fit to serve Gilkes a pre-match meal.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 15 Feb 2010 22:01

Terminal Boardom Gilkes used his pace to good effect. Kebe does not. Gilkes could play left back, wing back, left wing and up front. Kebe?

How long was Gilkes given before he showed any kind of consistency? 3,4,5+ years?

For the the vast majority of his time with us he would have spells of 10 minutes or so when he was unplayable (invariably midway in the 2nd half in front of the Southbank) - even then most of his blinding runs would end up with crosses in the Programme shop.

It was only when he was moved further back that he found any kind of consistency.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Feb 2010 22:10

Gilkes joined as a youngster in the old 3rd Division having been released by Leicester.

Kebe joined as an established International while we were in the Premier League. How much more of a frigging chance does he need? I am with Zammo on this. Kebe is not in the same class. End of. Even on one leg Gilkes was more skilful.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 15 Feb 2010 22:59

Terminal Boardom Gilkes joined as a youngster in the old 3rd Division having been released by Leicester.

Kebe joined as an established International while we were in the Premier League. How much more of a frigging chance does he need? I am with Zammo on this. Kebe is not in the same class. End of. Even on one leg Gilkes was more skilful.

Kebe was signed from a French Second Division side - he may have been an international player (for a minor footballing nation) but so were the likes of Lenarduzzi, Bodin, Houghton et al - not sure where you're coming from on that one. If we had been in the top tier when Gilkes arrived on the scene he would never have seen the light of day as an RFC player.

All I'm saying is that Kebe and Gilkes are two of a kind; exciting, inconsistent and ultimately frustrating - I'll trust your better judgment if you insist that they are not in the same league.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Feb 2010 22:59

Superb, I'd love to get a picture of that put on canvas to hang above my bed 8)

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 15 Feb 2010 23:06

Big Foot

'greed

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Feb 2010 23:06

wolsey
Terminal Boardom Gilkes joined as a youngster in the old 3rd Division having been released by Leicester.

Kebe was signed from a French Second Division side.

AAMOF he was only on loan at Boulogne - he was actually signed from Lens, who were French 1st division. Not that he ever played for them.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Feb 2010 23:09

Reading on Wikipedia that Kebe signed Jan 08 on a 2.5 year deal - would mean he's out of contract this summer? :cry:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Feb 2010 23:15

brendywendy for any one of our players to recieve audible boos and groans when his name is read out before the game is a fecking disgrace.

no wonder the guy is nervy.

its on a par with the awful booing of JM with the "where has all the money gone" chants etc

Totally incomparable.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Feb 2010 23:51

Big Foot

It's great - he's hands down my favourite player.

185 posts