kebe celebration

185 posts
fester_royal

Re: kebe celebration

by fester_royal » 16 Feb 2010 12:32

brendywendy
Sarah Star Fair point. I thought it was because he'd shut the West Brom fans up when they were just getting into their stride with the singing. I was very glad he did too!

i thought it was to the baggies too

not sure how thats possible when he ran straight at the east stand doing it, and from watching the reply theres a look on his face of some determination to do it!!
hes certainly not my favourite player by a long shot, hes far to inconsistant for me, but i do like to see him send a message to all the turds who boo him week in week out!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 16 Feb 2010 12:49

fester_royal
brendywendy
Sarah Star Fair point. I thought it was because he'd shut the West Brom fans up when they were just getting into their stride with the singing. I was very glad he did too!

not sure how thats possible when he ran straight at the east stand doing it, and from watching the reply theres a look on his face of some determination to do it!!
hes certainly not my favourite player by a long shot, hes far to inconsistant for me, but i do like to see him send a message to all the turds who boo him week in week out!

Fair enough, I was in the North Stand and my reaction was purely from memory. I'll have to catch a replay of it.

Fair play to him anyway, he does get a lot of stick from that section of the crowd.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 Feb 2010 12:54

CMRoyal
Snowball
floyd__streete
Yeah, good on you Jimmy - that was your 4th or 5th goal in 70-odd appearances in 2 years and you give it the big'un, come back and do that when you aren't flattering to deceive :roll:. Exceptionally cool finish, but then we saw progressively less of him over the next 63 minutes and 50 seconds as usual until he was substituted. That said, Kebe should be an absolute shoo-in for a place in our XVIII these days, although that is just as much to do with the huge decline in playing standards since he first joined us than any vast improvement he has made.

Flattering to deceive eh? What about McAnuff?

Starts 52-01 Sub 19-02 Goals 6 Assists 13 Kebe
Starts 21-04 Sub 00-00 Goals 1 Assists 07 McAnuff

So McAnuff scores 1 goal in 25 games, Kebe gets 6 goals in 54 (20) = "57.3 games"

1 goal every 25.00 games McAnuff
1 goal every 09.33 games Kebe

So Kebe scores at virtually three times the rate of McAnuff and Mac is being touted as POTS.

That's because McAnuff's overall contribution has been better than Jimmy's.
Has it really been though? McAnuff blows hot and cold and looks largely disinterested since the departure of Brendan Rodgers

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 16 Feb 2010 13:01

Big Foot
CMRoyal
Snowball Flattering to deceive eh? What about McAnuff?

So McAnuff scores 1 goal in 25 games, Kebe gets 6 goals in 54 (20) = "57.3 games"

So Kebe scores at virtually three times the rate of McAnuff and Mac is being touted as POTS.

That's because McAnuff's overall contribution has been better than Jimmy's.
Has it really been though? McAnuff blows hot and cold and looks largely disinterested since the departure of Brendan Rodgers

Not sure about disinterested, but I agree he is somewhat laboured at the moment. I think he's burnt himself out a bit and that's why I called for him to be rested for the WBA game. As it stands I stick by my comment above, but agree that it does seem as if Kebe is catching Jobi up at the moment. If only they were both on fire.

fool

by fool » 16 Feb 2010 13:48

Big Foot

Superb, I'd love to get a picture of that put on canvas to hang above my bed 8)

I think the angle of the picture shows his gesture is aimed towards the East Stand

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Feb 2010 13:52

fool
Big Foot

I think the angle of the picture shows his gesture is aimed towards the East Stand

Which is an utter disgrace. Who does he think he is ?

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 16 Feb 2010 14:03

What a t*sser. He should be sacked.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Feb 2010 14:06

Comfortably Numb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TayNr3UX04

as filmed by jerky the fecking camera man

I feel sick watching that and I'm no Albion supporter.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 16 Feb 2010 14:07

fool
Big Foot

about Y22.............

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 16 Feb 2010 14:10

Gordons Cumming
fool
Big Foot

about Y22.............

Give him a pay rise

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 16 Feb 2010 14:12

parky Give him a pay rise

'greed legend in my eyes 8)

Keep up the quick work Jim!

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 16 Feb 2010 14:32

Snowball
floyd__streete
Yeah, good on you Jimmy - that was your 4th or 5th goal in 70-odd appearances in 2 years and you give it the big'un, come back and do that when you aren't flattering to deceive :roll:. Exceptionally cool finish, but then we saw progressively less of him over the next 63 minutes and 50 seconds as usual until he was substituted. That said, Kebe should be an absolute shoo-in for a place in our XVIII these days, although that is just as much to do with the huge decline in playing standards since he first joined us than any vast improvement he has made.

Flattering to deceive eh? What about McAnuff?

glad to have you around snowball

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Feb 2010 14:39

fool
Big Foot

Great picture!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 16 Feb 2010 17:35

See you're still counting balls bouncing off Kebe's shoulder as he looks the other way and scuffed daisy-cutter "crosses" to no-one as "assists" snowball!

Kebe is a joke - full stop.

With his contract up at the end of this season, we shall see the truth to Mr Mad's cloth cutting. There is absolutely no way this charlatan is going to get his contract renewed, as by any cost benefit analysis you choose, he is a waste of money.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2010 18:02

McAnuff at least knows what he is doing. His scoring record has been pretty woeful with us, but he strikes the ball better than Kebe. He crosses consistently better than Kebe and he uses the ball better than Kebe.

McAnuff's going through a quiet patch, but lets face it, the majority of Kebe's assists come from the first half of last season when he was on fire (but still made a ridiculous number of mistakes and failed to finish numerous moves he should have).

Kebe's had an unfair amount of stick, people should accept him for what he is. Devastatingly quick and skillful, but with the footballing brain of a Llama.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Feb 2010 18:46

Terminal Boardom Gilkes joined as a youngster in the old 3rd Division having been released by Leicester.

Kebe joined as an established International while we were in the Premier League. How much more of a frigging chance does he need? I am with Zammo on this. Kebe is not in the same class. End of. Even on one leg Gilkes was more skilful.

Established international? He's made eight appearances!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2010 18:49

peterroyal76
Terminal Boardom Gilkes joined as a youngster in the old 3rd Division having been released by Leicester.

Kebe joined as an established International while we were in the Premier League. How much more of a frigging chance does he need? I am with Zammo on this. Kebe is not in the same class. End of. Even on one leg Gilkes was more skilful.

For Mali isn't it? LOL

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 Feb 2010 18:56

fester_royal
brendywendy

Could have been because he could now hear us singing and they weren't :wink:

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 16 Feb 2010 19:19

Ian Royal
peterroyal76

For Mali isn't it? LOL

All football pundits There are no easy international matches anymore

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 Feb 2010 19:29

strap With his contract up at the end of this season, we shall see the truth to Mr Mad's cloth cutting. There is absolutely no way this charlatan is going to get his contract renewed, as by any cost benefit analysis you choose, he is a waste of money.

yappy
Big Foot Reading on Wikipedia that Kebe signed Jan 08 on a 2.5 year deal - would mean he's out of contract this summer? :cry:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1487142,00.html

Signed a new deal Dec 08 until 2012.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

185 posts