92 Grounds For Charity

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chrispa

92 Grounds For Charity

by chrispa » 02 Mar 2010 10:53

All,

Apologies in advance for 'spamming you all' however I'd like to highlight a challenge a work colleague of mine is completing for the Jellybeans Kids Appeal. Any donations would of course be gratefully accepted, and if anyone has a Reading FC pin badge they wish to donate as part of the cause (they're collecting a pin badge from every club en route, but since some club shops will be shut when they visit, picking up the badge in advance is a major bonus!) that would be ace! Please PM me if you can help on this front!

If you can take time to read the below and make a donation, that would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Chris

===

In March, my Son and I shall be completing a sponsored charity tour of all 92 football league grounds in the country in 8 days, and also take Wembley and the Milenium Stadium into the tour. The reason we're doing this is to raise money for the Jellybean Kids' Appeal, Wirral Hospital. Buekipper have kindly loaned us a Bluekipper Everton flag which we will take on tour with us and get photgraphed outside every ground. All the photos will be uploaded and put on the site shortly after we complete our charity tour.

Anyone wishing to help, can donate via our JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/aroundthegroundsin8days
This means all donations go direct to the charity itself.

Proposed Schdule:

Saturday March 28th (DAY 1) - Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Stockport, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Accrington, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, Morcambe, Carlisle.

(DAY 2) - Newcastle, Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesbro, Darlington, Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Hull.

(DAY 3) - Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Notts C, Nottingham F, Derby, Burton, Leicester, Peterborough, Norwich.

(DAY 4) - Ipswich, Colchester, Southend, Gillingham, Charlton, Millwall, Crystal P, Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournemouth.

(DAY 5) -Yeovil, Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Bristol R, Bristol C, Swansea, Cardiff, Millenim Stadium.

(DAY 6) - Swindon, Reading, Aldershot, Brentford, Fulham, Chelsea, QPR, Wembley, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Orient, Dagenham.

(DAY 7) - Barnet, Watford, Wycombe, MKDons, Northampton, Coventry, Birmingham, A Villa, Walsall, Wolves, WBA, Cheltenham.

Saturday 3rd April (DAY 8 ) - Hereford, Shrewsbury, Crewe, Stoke, PortVale, Macclesfield, Tranmere, EVERTON v West Ham

As you could see it's a long list, and a lot of travelling, according to AA auto route, 2465 miles! We're aiming to take in a couple of games on our tour if we can, returning for the Everton home game against West Ham

The charity is 'Jellybeans Kids Appeal'. The aim is to raise money for parent accommodation, neonatal care, and childrens urgent care at the Wirral University Teaching Hospital. It's a worthy cause to help improve a sick childs life and those around them. We have set ourselves a target of raising over £500

For more details on the charity please go to http://www.jellybean.nhs.uk/index.asp Registered charity number: 1050469.

Anyone wishing to help, can donate via our JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/aroundthegroundsin8days

Many thanks, Gary and Stephen Wakelam (Toffee's Fans).
Last edited by chrispa on 02 Mar 2010 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: 92 Grounds For Charity

by TBM » 02 Mar 2010 11:00

chrispa We have set ourselves a target of raising over £500

Why not save the money spent on petrol/tickets and put that towards the charity?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Mar 2010 11:00

Can't take this seriously if you're going to label Liverpool as "redshite" but not label others - Man Utd as "Manure", West Ham as "Wet Sham", Swindon as "Swindle", Arsenal as "Arseholes" etc etc

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 02 Mar 2010 11:01

SpaceCruiser I'm fuming that you have called Liverpool "redshite" - how dare you insult my team

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 02 Mar 2010 11:02

TBM
chrispa We have set ourselves a target of raising over £500

Why not save the money spent on petrol/tickets and put that towards the charity?

'greed. I'd also imagine that they'll be in hotels a few of the nights.

chrispa

by chrispa » 02 Mar 2010 11:04

Changed the 'redshite' - good point.

They're kipping in the car on a couple of nights, and friends on others! Basically there wont be any hotels involved, thus making the challenge a bit tougher.

Chris

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 02 Mar 2010 11:17

SpaceCruiser Can't take this seriously if you're going to label Liverpool as "redshite" but not label others - Man Utd as "Manure", West Ham as "Wet Sham", Swindon as "Swindle", Arsenal as "Arseholes" etc etc

Anyway Spacey, they are Everton fans...........i'll give you 3 guess as to why they put "redshite" instead of Liverpool

Take your time!

AF2

by AF2 » 02 Mar 2010 11:20

you got 5 posts to your name, two of which are in here.

don't see why we should part with our hard earned coz some random nobody has dusted off his four yr old account and asked us to

chrispa

by chrispa » 02 Mar 2010 11:27

AF2 you got 5 posts to your name, two of which are in here.

don't see why we should part with our hard earned coz some random nobody has dusted off his four yr old account and asked us to

Completely see your point, not arguing or resenting it. I browse the board daily but never really post. Donations are purely optional afterall.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 02 Mar 2010 12:12

Yeah, 'cos unless you're a super-poster on Hob Nob, you're a nobody :roll:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 Mar 2010 17:49

Zammo

Yeah, 'cos unless you're a super-poster on Hob Nob, you're a nobody :roll:

I'm surprised he didn't say "I'm not reading all that shit".

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Mar 2010 21:40

I did this with 3 friends in 1989. We raised over £2,500 for the then Radio 210 Give a Child a Chance appeal. Most clubs donated memorabilia which we auctioned off. Some clubs were genrous. Some were shite! No prizes for guessing which clubs fall into these categories! I have got about 400 plus photos from that trip. Some quite poignant - esp Hillsborough where we went about 10 days before the disaster.

Magnus

by Magnus » 03 Mar 2010 16:07

Do you actually go into the grounds or just photograph yourselfs grinning like idiots wearing replica merchandise standing outside the turnstiles?

If so then it sounds like a better way to see England's motorways than it's football grounds. Surely you can only tick off each of the 92 by going to game there - having a pint before and a pie at halftime sort of thing.

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 03 Mar 2010 16:40

That would take at least 92 weeks though, which is a slow old fundraising process given the limits of the season.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Mar 2010 17:07

Gloria Gooner That would take at least 92 weeks though.

:|

With decent planning and a bit of fortune (some games will get re-arranged) you could probably fit it into a season. But you would have to go to 3 games a week and it would cost you a bomb.

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 03 Mar 2010 17:23

TheMaraudingDog
Gloria Gooner That would take at least 92 weeks though.

:|

With decent planning and a bit of fortune (some games will get re-arranged) you could probably fit it into a season. But you would have to go to 3 games a week and it would cost you a bomb.

How can you 'decently plan' when you rely on games being re-arranged? And if they did that some cleverdick would ask why they were spending money when they didn't need to.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 03 Mar 2010 17:41

By using your brain and working out which teams are least likely to have games moved for Sky and pouncing on them first.

At the beginning of the season Sky fixtures are done up to xmas. You book in all the non Prem Friday night games, the Monday games and the midweek games. Then on the Saturday’s go to the games of clubs who are least likely to be on TV after xmas. Then for the second half of the season there should be enough spare fixture dates for you to complete your trip.

Only an idiot would tick of OT on a Saturday and not go to a game at Boundary Park on a Friday night for example.

Magnus

by Magnus » 03 Mar 2010 18:11

Gloria Gooner That would take at least 92 weeks though, which is a slow old fundraising process given the limits of the season.

Fair enough, maybe just walk to John O' Groats like everyone else then and do the 92 at your leisure?

But no offence meant to the original poster - good luck to you and all that. It's a worthy cause so whatever works for you.

Magnus

by Magnus » 09 Nov 2010 14:25

Just came across this again - any update? Did they make it?

And a belated LOL and RIP to AF2 :lol:

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 09 Nov 2010 15:29

I'd just photoshop myself into pictures of the grounds and then demand money of folk

Make more money for charity and better on the environment - reduce traffic as well

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1