Funniest moments as a Reading supporter

Larry_Parnell

Re: Funniest moments as a Reading supporter

by Larry_Parnell » 07 Mar 2010 09:51

'Mad Dog' Allen and the warm up in the wrong half away at Preston.

Northern Boy

by Northern Boy » 07 Mar 2010 10:39

"Rufus is a dogs name"

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Mar 2010 12:21

Tony Le Mesmer
Big Foot At Walsall a few years ago in the FA Cup abusing their keeper (Jimmy Walker) all game - "you're too short to play in goal" etc

absolutely hilarious :|

The banter with Walker during the second half was the only thing that stopped me freezing to death that day. "Jimmy Walker's 4ft6, in his high heels" etc - he took it well and when he got MOTM the Reading fans sang "one Jimmy Walker.." which he turned round and applauded.

At the Madejski, the Norwich an stacking it down the stairs when is mate was getting chucked out was utterly priceless. I think he'd gone back to the top to get his mate's coat, then stumbled and went down almost the whole stand picking up more and more speed until he eventually stacked it. V. amusing.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 07 Mar 2010 12:24

"We want our dalek back"

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 07 Mar 2010 12:54

Just remembered another great day with a Geordie lads constant banter behind Shakas goal at Cambridge. We played them twice up there that season, league and cup.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 07 Mar 2010 15:54

Thinking we were going to Wembly at half time :(
Last edited by ankeny on 07 Mar 2010 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 07 Mar 2010 15:59

ankeny Thinking we were going to Wemble at half time :(

:D It was good while it lasted!

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 07 Mar 2010 17:01

Ark Royal
RIP ELM Park A cry of spell that you b;stard, to a ref about to book Wdowczyk

Steve Stone's open goal miss

That was me at Pompey in 95!!!

Pretty sure it was this game when someone shouted to Deon Burton "Fancy going to Ashmead you w*nker Burton" which was amusing enough in itself until some full on Berkshire accent piped up with "Oi!! There's nayt wrong with Ashmead!!" :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer the 1st and only streaker to date at the Mad. he slipped the stewards about 3 times, took a mock pen before dissapearing out the back of the North Stand never to be seen again!

That was fookin' awesome!! Seem to recall his mates had all chipped in £20 each as a dare to him!! :lol:

Big Foot Norwich at home 03 or 04 at Easter. Norwich fan fell down the stairs of the block nearest Y26 :lol:

That was superb - Matey giving it Billy Big B*llocks, giving the w*nker signs only to go hurtling down the concrete steps!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 07 Mar 2010 19:51

"Rufus is a dogs name"

Remember it well Northern Boy. We've got a mate who's a Bushwacker and are we are looking forward to the 16th or what?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 07 Mar 2010 20:01

Barry the bird boggler
Big Foot At Walsall a few years ago in the FA Cup abusing their keeper (Jimmy Walker) all game - "you're too short to play in goal" etc

At Brentford having a go at their keeper who, at the time, was called Gottsskalksson or something...

"long name, you've got a ******* long name"

Who we then christened "Bob" :lol:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 07 Mar 2010 20:20

Pretty sure it was this game when someone shouted to Deon Burton "Fancy going to Ashmead you w*nker Burton" which was amusing enough in itself until some full on Berkshire accent piped up with "Oi!! There's nayt wrong with Ashmead!!" :lol:

I think this was the game Deon had a goal dissallowed against us when he was a pompey player, I was in the year above him at Meadway and I saw him after the game, he was fuming at having the goal taken away. If I remember it was on a freezing cold sunday.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Mar 2010 20:27

percy_freeman Just remembered another great day with a Geordie lads constant banter behind Shakas goal at Cambridge. We played them twice up there that season, league and cup.

I know the lad you reference there, he is mad as a box of frogs 8)

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 07 Mar 2010 20:37

Northern Boy "Rufus is a dogs name"

Comedy shenanigans on the way back from Sunderland in Sept 07 too, eh Affers? :lol:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 07 Mar 2010 20:40

Ah, I remember that trip. We had a load of Swindon fans on the train who'd been up at Darlington. As inbred as they come..

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 08 Mar 2010 08:39

nev monkey
The two goalies at Oxford & they stick the second keeper got "You're even worse than the last one"

The winner though.....Mcghee going mental after Archie had two scored the two injury time goals at Elm Park, priceless.

These two, plus giving Rufus and absolute mountain of abuse at EP, midweek game against QPR (relegation season)....until he bloody well scored and gave it right back!

Merson and Gazza got a similar level the same season I think but they played along with it so there were a couple of good LOL's to be had.

Archies Left Foot
Location: Well it's something your mother can't abide, but it's something that I freely prescribe

by Archies Left Foot » 08 Mar 2010 08:58

And who can forget PANTS Day, turned from a day of protest to jeers and cheers whenever a pair of random underpants was launched in the vicinity of the lino, who took it in good humour and had a smile about it too.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 08 Mar 2010 09:11

The bacon rolls at Cambridge on that tiny terrace were pretty funny in 01 :D

Morbid funny was 'How shit must you be you're only winning 2-1' at West Brom in the league.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Mar 2010 10:32

Had a lol yesterday in the first half when Downing was chasing down that ball into the corner that Bertrand covered. Bit of cat and mouse between them as it wasn't going to roll out, before Bertrand just leathered it at him and out for a goal kick. Downing definitely saw the funny side to be fair to him.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 08 Mar 2010 21:58

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Mar 2010 22:11

Terminal Boardom
sawyers left arm Plymouth away 1993 when a Plymouth fan was being carried out by police/stewards and as he passed the Reading fans a guy ran out the gate and punched him in the face, the guy could do nothing. PRICELESS.

I remember that. Do you remember the aftermath? The Argyle nutter running half the length of the pitch only to hurl himself at Ray Ilsley among others and then to be frogmarched away very briskly? That was funny.

He actually ran from the far end of the ground and dived head first through the perimeter fence. Proper skillz. That was the only funny thing about that day though.

Also, "Speccy pulled a minger" at Gillingham in 2000. Adrian Mole lookalike steward spent the whole game trying to cop off with his young female colleague.