Matt Mills

708 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Matt Mills

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2010 13:24

I have just discovered that Matt Mills was born in Swindon. So he should be used to abuse really. :|

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 17 Mar 2010 13:31

brendywendy
Still Hate Futcher! I can't believe how many people on here are defending Mills' actions.

Whatever provocation he received (and my take on it from Y24 was that he just got a few groans, which escalated to boos after the gesture) you can't give your own fans the finger before storming off and shoving the assistant manager out of the way. It wasn't passionate, it was arrogant and unproffesional.

What next? I'd like to see him fined, make a genuine apology and then for the fans to forget it and get behind him and the team.

get over yourself.

Would you still feel the same if the ref had seen the gesture and sent him off? Players have gone for less and it could have cost us.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 17 Mar 2010 13:36

Still Hate Futcher! Would you still feel the same if the ref had seen the gesture and sent him off? Players have gone for less and it could have cost us.

Could still happen, right? If the ref is asked whether he did see it or not, and then says no, then couldn't the FA enforce a retrospective red?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 17 Mar 2010 13:41

LOL at someone calling him a thug on page 8 i think :lol:

MATT MILLS Love the big fella! Keep up the good performances.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 17 Mar 2010 13:43

Y21 Don't care who said what to who. The big deal here is that Mills didn't take the criticism very well. And in football crowd stakes, the criticism was very light. To have thrown a big strop like he did was disappointing and totally out of proportion to the 'abuse' he suffered.

He needs to man up and take it, the big wuss.

Don't care who said what to who. The big deal here is that the crowd didn't take the criticism very well. And in football crowd stakes, the criticism was very light. To have thrown a big strop like they did was disappointing and totally out of proportion to the 'abuse' they suffered.

They need to man up and take it, the big wusses.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 17 Mar 2010 13:44

Move on

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Mar 2010 13:49

FAO everyone on this thread:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2010 13:50

Is his expected apology on the official site yet ?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Mar 2010 13:51

Royal Lady Oh get over yourself Woodcote - you said yourself you weren't even going to last night's game.

I think there is confusion over whether people were saying "boo" or "hoof" and tbh it can be difficult to ascertain between the two sometimes.

Whatever the circumstances, I hardly think Bertrand, or any other player, getting involved with what they think, is going to help matters. It needs to die a death really.

As is often the case these days, work prevented me from attending last night, so what? I pay for my seat regardless and will do so next season and for the forseeable future. Therefore , I SUPPORT the club whether I can attend or not.

I think that gives me the right to say what I think about those (and I'm not pointing the finger at you) who I beleive regularly detract from the teams performance and cost us much needed points.

I believe those of us (that being the majority by a distance) who see doing all we can to support the team as our most important job as fans should, along with the club, make it clear that this small minority are not required unless they seek to change their ways.

I'd love it if those who are forced to sit near these idiots week after week could stand up and offer them a tenner to go home!!

This club needs these morons like we need a hole in the head. Go forth and multiply
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 17 Mar 2010 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Mar 2010 13:51

FiNeRaIn Is his expected apology on the official site yet ?

Nope, he is waiting for all you paying customers to 'come here and say that'.

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 17 Mar 2010 13:59

Blue Hooped Moose
Still Hate Futcher! Would you still feel the same if the ref had seen the gesture and sent him off? Players have gone for less and it could have cost us.

Could still happen, right? If the ref is asked whether he did see it or not, and then says no, then couldn't the FA enforce a retrospective red?

Good point - particularly as it is now national news. Could we be looking at disciplinary action against Mills and/or the club? A bit like shooting yourself in the foot.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Mar 2010 13:59

floyd__streete
FiNeRaIn Is his expected apology on the official site yet ?

Nope, he is waiting for all you paying customers to 'come here and say that'.

I'll give him until the end of the week. Then the racist, sectarian, bigoted thugish finerain will happily unleash on his mrs.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Mar 2010 14:07

Having thought about the full support that I gave to Mills last night - I have realised that I am wrong.

I think this club really needs the small minority in the ground that every week shout abuse at our players, moan incessantly and make offensive gestures at them. This small group are the life blood of RFC and we really need their shouting, swearing and ranting to motivate the team.

Matt Mills committed an unforgivable sin by daring to make a gesture back at this minority who have every right to abuse and boo our players each match as they pay good money for the privilege.

Therefore, I propose that at the next home game that Mills should be dragged to the centre circle and summarily executed on the spot to appease this important minority in our midst - who have been so traumatised by his actions that only this severe punishment will suffice.

I await full details of the execution to be posted in the OS.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Mar 2010 14:09

Wycombe - it's that simple, if you don't like swearing ( :roll: Christ Almighty) then I suggest you go and sit with the other boring people in the section for family (I'm guessing this is in the Lower West Stand).
Last edited by SpaceCruiser on 17 Mar 2010 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 17 Mar 2010 14:09

Presumably the cretins in the East Stand having a go at Mills were the same small bunch whingeing at the performance against Scunthorpe, where we created half a season`s worth of chances in one game by playing across the back. If not we really do count among the least knowledgeable supporters.
This long ball out wide is a stupid tactic though. While McDermott has done brilliantly to turn things around, ultimately this urgency to get the ball into the other team`s half, as Coppell and recently Phil Brown have found out is unsustainable. Unfortunately Mills is no Wydoczyck who was able to receive the ball in tight situations at the back and move the opposition around before executing the long pass. I doubt McDermott would allow him to do it today.
The Elm Park crowd tended to notice these subtleties, where has everyone gone?

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 17 Mar 2010 14:14

andrew1957 Having thought about the full support that I gave to Mills last night - I have realised that I am wrong.

I think this club really needs the small minority in the ground that every week shout abuse at our players, moan incessantly and make offensive gestures at them. This small group are the life blood of RFC and we really need their shouting, swearing and ranting to motivate the team.

Matt Mills committed an unforgivable sin by daring to make a gesture back at this minority who have every right to abuse and boo our players each match as they pay good money for the privilege.

Therefore, I propose that at the next home game that Mills should be dragged to the centre circle and summarily executed on the spot to appease this important minority in our midst - who have been so traumatised by his actions that only this severe punishment will suffice.

I await full details of the execution to be posted in the OS.

Hung, drawn and quartered?

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 17 Mar 2010 14:16

M U R T Y yes there is - if you call someone a bufoon, you are basically calling them a fool, if you call someone a sh*t-bag, you are calling them a bag of sh*t :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:
brendywendy i didnt say they meant the same thing dopey, just that there is no real reason why one should be more taboo, or insulting that the other.
its just an arbitrary choice by society to call some words "bad" and some ok

Maybe you should have used words that actually mean the same thing then - for example tw*t and vagina. Dopey indeed :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by M U R T Y on 17 Mar 2010 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Mar 2010 14:17

Has he been sacked yet or should I come back in another 14 pages time?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 14:20

SpaceCruiser Wycombe - it's that simple, if you don't like swearing ( :roll: Christ Almighty) then I suggest you go and sit with the other boring people in the section for family (I'm guessing this is in the Lower West Stand).

You obviously didn't see my previous response (at the bottom of the previous page) and you obviously aren't aware on the rules for moving ST's.

And anyway why should I have to move just because of ONE vile individual?

Berry

by Berry » 17 Mar 2010 14:22

Royal Lady I have just discovered that Matt Mills was born in Swindon. So he should be used to abuse really. :|

I actually know Matt and his family well, all his brothers are footballers and his younger brother Joseph is the best of the bunch, he is a nice guy, its a storm in a tea cup lol

708 posts