Matt Mills

708 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Matt Mills

by TFF » 18 Mar 2010 09:00

LOL at Tim Dellor complaining the apology was made "in-house" and demanding that Mills should be "hung out to dry" by the club and made to face the media.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Mar 2010 09:02

Just seen this - gutted to see him apologise.

First rule of teh internetz Matt - NEVER SAY SORRY :x

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 18 Mar 2010 09:09

That Friday Feeling LOL at Tim Dellor complaining the apology was made "in-house" and demanding that Mills should be "hung out to dry" by the club and made to face the media.

Tim Dellor needs to F'koff if he continues this faux-Paxman style. Dellor, YOU need to understand that you have to face the consequences of your actions, and this piss-poor attempt to further your career will not only alienate yourself, but others as well.

I can't ever remember him being like this prior to this season...

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 18 Mar 2010 09:13

21 pages.

:|

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Mar 2010 09:23

That Friday Feeling LOL at Tim Dellor complaining the apology was made "in-house" and demanding that Mills should be "hung out to dry" by the club and made to face the media.

The answer clearly lies here - it's the fault of HNA again!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92370#p2324233

SHORT AND CURLY You slated the performance, the tactics, the team, then sucked up to Brenda?

Any particular reason for this?

Grow a pair and tell him its rubbish and ask him what he is going to do about it!!!

Tim Dellor = Bottler

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Mar 2010 09:35

Tails

Tim Dellor needs to F'koff if he continues this faux-Paxman style. Dellor, YOU need to understand that you have to face the consequences of your actions, and this piss-poor attempt to further your career will not only alienate yourself, but others as well.

Sad journo in looking to make most out of a small story :shock: :roll: hardly the first time is it?

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 18 Mar 2010 09:47

bigmike heres a Nice pic of the FSB from last night just to cheer you all up :lol:

The FSB would have done his nut at Mills for needlessly kicking the ball out of play. I`d still have him back.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Mar 2010 11:57

Negative_Jeff
bigmike heres a Nice pic of the FSB from last night just to cheer you all up :lol:

The FSB would have done his nut at Mills for needlessly kicking the ball out of play. I`d still have him back.

Given his current form at Aberdeen hes gonna be looking for a job soon

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Mar 2010 12:02

bigmike
Negative_Jeff

Given his current form at Aberdeen hes gonna be looking for a job soon

That's gr8! When they lost to Hearts recently, I sent a message to my Hearts supporting friend telling him that it's gr8 to see Hearts beating McGhoo. He replied saying that EVERYBODY in Scotland, except for Celtic fans, hates McGhoo. :lol:

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Mar 2010 12:04

Dellor probably doesn't like it that he wasn't given the interview with Mills. If it was a whitewash, I could see his point, but the interview was very frank. I think McD has done the right thing in not throwing Mills to the media--it would be too easy for a loose cannon like Mills to say one wrong thing and then everything would be made worse. McD is more interested in managing his player than in giving the sanctimonious Dellor exclusives.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Mar 2010 12:08

SpaceCruiser
That's gr8! When they lost to Hearts recently, I sent a message to my Hearts supporting friend telling him that it's gr8 to see Hearts beating McGhoo. He replied saying that EVERYBODY in Scotland, except for Celtic fans, hates McGhoo. :lol:

Aberdeen Fans used to have a soft sport for him because he was part of the 1983 team but I think the gloss from that has faded now.

On another note our old Mate Doobs nearly doubled the FSBs pain the othernight but he headed on to the bar

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Mar 2010 12:34

facaldaqui Dellor probably doesn't like it that he wasn't given the interview with Mills. If it was a whitewash, I could see his point, but the interview was very frank. I think McD has done the right thing in not throwing Mills to the media--it would be too easy for a loose cannon like Mills to say one wrong thing and then everything would be made worse. McD is more interested in managing his player than in giving the sanctimonious Dellor exclusives.

Personally, I think Dellor is rapidly losing friends at the club. He seems to be spending too much time trying to sensationalise things and expressing his own opinion far too much - and that opinion is sometimes not based on facts (e.g. his early-season rant about finances).

I think the club would appreciate someone with a little more objectivity.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 18 Mar 2010 12:35

21 pages of hilarity and hysteria. I thank you Hobnob :lol:

Edit: Christ, I've just watched the Matt Mills apology, and actually felt a bit sniffly. I appear to have turned into a hormonal lamo :oops: :oops:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Mar 2010 12:50

Dirk Gently
facaldaqui Dellor probably doesn't like it that he wasn't given the interview with Mills. If it was a whitewash, I could see his point, but the interview was very frank. I think McD has done the right thing in not throwing Mills to the media--it would be too easy for a loose cannon like Mills to say one wrong thing and then everything would be made worse. McD is more interested in managing his player than in giving the sanctimonious Dellor exclusives.

Personally, I think Dellor is rapidly losing friends at the club. He seems to be spending too much time trying to sensationalise things and expressing his own opinion far too much - and that opinion is sometimes not based on facts (e.g. his early-season rant about finances).

I think more media people should "have an opinion" frankly, rather than kow-towing to football clubs or rugby clubs etc. I like Tim.

royal goof

by royal goof » 18 Mar 2010 13:18

brendywendy he didnt call you a tosser you tosser.
he just saidf there will be some tossers there

and LOL at the east stand thinking they are the only ones who sing or make any noise.
i was noisy enough for 3 people last night, and am every week.
as are many around me.

cast the bait and reel em' in.... love it ;o)

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 Mar 2010 13:25

Royal Lady
Dirk Gently

I think more media people should "have an opinion" frankly, rather than kow-towing to football clubs or rugby clubs etc. I like Tim.

As a BBC employee, isn't he supposed to be objective?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Mar 2010 13:30

Dirk Gently

I'm sure they would. But giving opinions, albeit sometimes not opinions others might hold, makes the commentary far more interesting. What's more he often speaks as a fan and reflects (you can argue all day long as to the extent) the feelings they hold.

As for opinions based on facts. Both parties in argument can express views based on facts, they might merely be using different facts to support their side of the argument!

Big Foot
Royal Lady
Dirk Gently

As a BBC employee, isn't he supposed to be objective?

Who let Alistair Campbell sign up to this forum?!

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 18 Mar 2010 13:33

I don't mind Dellor; at least he's got a bit of character and vitality about him. His boarding-schoolboy manner doesn't do him any favours, but it doesn't make him a bad bloke either. However, I haven't any sympathy with him in this case, because it's just professional miffdom.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 18 Mar 2010 13:54

Tails

I think the Rodgers episode has gone to his head. I now find him totally unlistenable.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Mar 2010 14:03

Dellor has always been a twat bring back joel hufford!!

708 posts