Portsmouth Admin

753 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by TFF » 24 Mar 2010 13:00

Who Moved The Goalposts? And now given permission by the PL to sell players outside the window.

That is wrong on so many levels.

Still, let's hope no-one is stupid enough to buy players they can't use, that they'd get cheaper in the summer anyway.

Expect Spurs to sign at least three.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Mar 2010 13:06

rhroyal http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8584412.stm

Respect to the players I guess, even if it's very little money to them.

Smacks of being selfish, no kit man means tney have to wash their own kit, no groundsman means the grass grows, no masseur means they'd have to pay someone else.

So it's basically a small cost to the players to keep them in the style to which they've become accustomed, then they'll all piss off somewhere else in the summer.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Mar 2010 13:20

That Friday Feeling
Who Moved The Goalposts? And now given permission by the PL to sell players outside the window.

That is wrong on so many levels.

Still, let's hope no-one is stupid enough to buy players they can't use, that they'd get cheaper in the summer anyway.

Expect Spurs to sign at least three.

They are more likely to get them cheaper now as there is no incentive to buy them unless the asking price is lower...........

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Mar 2010 14:24

PieEater

Smacks of being selfish, no kit man means tney have to wash their own kit, no groundsman means the grass grows, no masseur means they'd have to pay someone else.

So it's basically a small cost to the players to keep them in the style to which they've become accustomed, then they'll all piss off somewhere else in the summer.

Tell that to the 4 men who have avoided redundancy.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Mar 2010 14:51

rhroyal
PieEater

Presumably they have been made redundant. As the club is in administrtion they probably got fckall redundancy

They will now be re-hired independent contractors if the players are paying their wages.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Mar 2010 15:13

rhroyal
PieEater

Just delaying the inevitable surely - though one would hope they will use this time to look for alternative employment.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 24 Mar 2010 16:35

BBC However, Portsmouth must fulfil certain conditions before any sales can go through. They are:

1. Players may be sold to other Premier League Clubs but may not play first team football for the new club before the end of the season.

2. Players may be sold to a Football League or foreign club, subject to Fifa's approval.

3. Portsmouth FC may enter into an agreement with another Premier League, Football League or foreign club that a player will be transferred to that other club in the summer.

Perhaps I'm being stupid, but what's preventing ANY club from doing the first or third?

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Mar 2010 17:57

The Premier League has agreed that the club may sell players outside the transfer window but only under certain conditions. Portsmouth will only be allowed to sell a player to a rival Premier League club under the condition the player does not play first team football for their new side before the end of this season. However, they will be able to negotiate "lease-back" deals that allow the players to see out the season at Fratton Park despite being sold.

Andronikou said: "We cannot sell to our Premier League rivals, of course, but with the Premier League giving us the concession to sell outside of the transfer window, we can sell players now and keep them."

If this is trues it makes it even more of a farce than before. Why can't someone grow a pair and wind them up. They obviuously didn't have any funds in place to carry on as a going concern so they lied in the High Court. Get them back there and liqiudate them.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Mar 2010 17:59

6ft Kerplunk
The Premier League has agreed that the club may sell players outside the transfer window but only under certain conditions. Portsmouth will only be allowed to sell a player to a rival Premier League club under the condition the player does not play first team football for their new side before the end of this season. However, they will be able to negotiate "lease-back" deals that allow the players to see out the season at Fratton Park despite being sold.

Andronikou said: "We cannot sell to our Premier League rivals, of course, but with the Premier League giving us the concession to sell outside of the transfer window, we can sell players now and keep them."

If this is trues it makes it even more of a farce than before. Why can't someone grow a pair and wind them up. They obviuously didn't have any funds in place to carry on as a going concern so they lied in the High Court. Get them back there and liqiudate them.

They will - as soon as they're NOT the PL's problem.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 24 Mar 2010 22:06

Pompey 0 - 5 Chelsea

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Mar 2010 09:33

Chelsea's first came from a David James miskick due to the ball bobbling on the turf; maybe if Pompey hadn't dispensed with a £60 a week assistant grondsman, that might not have happened...... some karma there!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Mar 2010 09:56

Deadlock
BBC However, Portsmouth must fulfil certain conditions before any sales can go through. They are:

1. Players may be sold to other Premier League Clubs but may not play first team football for the new club before the end of the season.

2. Players may be sold to a Football League or foreign club, subject to Fifa's approval.

3. Portsmouth FC may enter into an agreement with another Premier League, Football League or foreign club that a player will be transferred to that other club in the summer.

Perhaps I'm being stupid, but what's preventing ANY club from doing the first or third?

I was always under the impression that you could always do 1 or 3.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Mar 2010 10:43

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... portsmouth
If creditors agree the move, it could leave Chainrai in control of a club with no debt, a far lower cost base, imminent income in the form of parachute payments and TV revenues and control over Fratton Park and the land around it

So they're basically restarting with the same guy in charge and their debts wiped. Nice.

I think they're being a bit optimisic about the value of their players though.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 Mar 2010 10:58

Hmmm

Didn't HMRC originally question Andronikou's appointment over doubts about his independence and his relationship with Chainrai?

Whatever, any business coming out of administration in the hands of the same owner but free of existing debt has basically committed robbery as far as I'm concerned. This whole thing stinks.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Mar 2010 11:05

Total disgrace, more "make it up as we go along" rules from the PL and in total contradiction of FIFA but then you wouldn't expect anything else from that bunch would you.

Altogether now "same old Pompey, always cheating" - must sing that for 90 minutes solid when we play them.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Mar 2010 12:06

Stranded
Deadlock Perhaps I'm being stupid, but what's preventing ANY club from doing the first or third?

Same as that, although I'm thinking this is just the PL, Pompey and the media dressing it up to make it look like their trying to help them out whilst at the same time making it more public that they're players are still available.

I always believed that the window prevented players being eligable to play, not that they couldn't be sold, or pre-contract agreements made.

It really can't be right if Pompey are ok to 'do a Leicester' and just clear their debts then carry on as before.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 25 Mar 2010 12:19

Hoop Blah
Stranded
Deadlock Perhaps I'm being stupid, but what's preventing ANY club from doing the first or third?

Same as that, although I'm thinking this is just the PL, Pompey and the media dressing it up to make it look like their trying to help them out whilst at the same time making it more public that they're players are still available.

I always believed that the window prevented players being eligable to play, not that they couldn't be sold, or pre-contract agreements made.

It really can't be right if Pompey are ok to 'do a Leicester' and just clear their debts then carry on as before.

Or even do a Portsmouth in the lead up to the Mandaric days.

FWIW I think Portsmouth are a long way out of the woods yet.

HMRC have the bit between the teeth and will look at any angle to recover the money due to them/us. (Wouldn't be surprised if the Serious Fraud Office weren't involved in the near future)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Mar 2010 12:57

wolsey HMRC have the bit between the teeth and will look at any angle to recover the money due to them/us. (Wouldn't be surprised if the Serious Fraud Office weren't involved in the near future)

Sunday, 11 April 2010 at 4pm would be a great time to make a swoop as all the persons involved should be present in the one place

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Mar 2010 13:08

Uke
wolsey HMRC have the bit between the teeth and will look at any angle to recover the money due to them/us. (Wouldn't be surprised if the Serious Fraud Office weren't involved in the near future)

Sunday, 11 April 2010 at 4pm would be a great time to make a swoop as all the persons involved should be present in the one place

"We can see you sneaking out..."

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2010 18:53

Hoop Blah
Stranded

Isn't the implication that they can sell to FL or foreign teams with a special dispensation so they can play now. It's only other PL teams that the normal rules apply to...

753 posts