Portsmouth Admin

753 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Portsmouth Admin

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2010 08:43

Not the way I read it. I read it that they can sell to a PL club at will but need FIFA approval to sell to a club in another competition.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Mar 2010 09:39

The Pompy administrator is on TV more than Katie Price.

"its all about me"

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Mar 2010 12:39

All the stuff about 'the PL helping Portsmouth by opening the window' is PL spin.

All the scenarios were always available to Portsmouth. The 'sell to another competition club' carried the issue of the player not being able to play until the next window opens, but the PL have done absolutely nothing except clarify the existing rules.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 26 Mar 2010 12:44

Franchise FC All the stuff about 'the PL helping Portsmouth by opening the window' is PL spin.

All the scenarios were always available to Portsmouth. The 'sell to another competition club' carried the issue of the player not being able to play until the next window opens, but the PL have done absolutely nothing except clarify the existing rules.

it's a meaningless concession for accepting the 9 point deduction, which Mr "Hey look at me" Administrator wanted to use to advertise his value to the waiting (generally South Coast based) Audience.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2010 15:06

The biggest problem is if a club will stump up cash now for a player they can't use and may be able to get cheaper once they're relegated.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Mar 2010 18:26

Stranded Not the way I read it. I read it that they can sell to a PL club at will but need FIFA approval to sell to a club in another competition.

But it only specifically states that players sold to the Premier League can't play until the end of the season unless I'm reading it wrong. Which to me implies those sold to a foreign club or FL club CAN play.

In my experience of regulations, they usually tell you what you can't do, not what you can do.

If I'm wrong it is just a PR exercise from the PL to appear strong to the ignorant though for sure.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Mar 2010 08:07

I think the suggestion was they sell now, buying club can't play them but then "loans" them back to Portsmouth (however I thought the loan window was shut now).

All in all this is just the expected shocking carry on that will see Portsmouth saved and somehow able to spend shedloads in a campaign to win Division 2 next season.

Disgrace. Utter.

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 27 Mar 2010 12:49

Redknapp claims the country will want Portsmouth to reach the F.A Cup final. I don't think so! Quite the opposite in fact. There is growing resentment, very similar to that of Leicester when they fiddled their way to promotion from the Championship a few years ago, but worse!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Mar 2010 13:43

Messiah Redknapp claims the country will want Portsmouth to reach the F.A Cup final.

He must have fixed his price then

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Mar 2010 14:52

Messiah Redknapp claims the country will want Portsmouth to reach the F.A Cup final.

Yeah, I hear they are desperate for that to happen in Southampton

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Mar 2010 19:16

I was talking to someone at the game today about this, he seemed to think I'd be sympathetic to the Portsmouth fans for their predicament. I said no - they've been cheating by playing a team they couldn't afford. I'm sure I'm not in the minority.

Barstewards, just FOAD.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Mar 2010 21:02

Franchise FC
6ft Kerplunk
The Premier League has agreed that the club may sell players outside the transfer window but only under certain conditions. Portsmouth will only be allowed to sell a player to a rival Premier League club under the condition the player does not play first team football for their new side before the end of this season. However, they will be able to negotiate "lease-back" deals that allow the players to see out the season at Fratton Park despite being sold.

Andronikou said: "We cannot sell to our Premier League rivals, of course, but with the Premier League giving us the concession to sell outside of the transfer window, we can sell players now and keep them."

If this is trues it makes it even more of a farce than before. Why can't someone grow a pair and wind them up. They obviuously didn't have any funds in place to carry on as a going concern so they lied in the High Court. Get them back there and liqiudate them.

They will - as soon as they're NOT the PL's problem.

And that is the crux of it. Bad PR for the Premier League to have a team go belly up chasing the dream in the self styled best league in the world. They will do everything, including tearing up the rule book to ensure this does not happen on their watch. In any other major league in the Europe, the authorities would have nailed Pompey's proverbial bollocks to the wall.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Mar 2010 07:02

Absolutely. Just goes to show what a complete joke the PL are and how utterly toothless the FA are to fail to come down on them like a ton of bricks....

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 29 Mar 2010 14:29

PieEater I was talking to someone at the game today about this, he seemed to think I'd be sympathetic to the Portsmouth fans for their predicament. I said no - they've been cheating by playing a team they couldn't afford. I'm sure I'm not in the minority.

Barstewards, just FOAD.

er remind me how the fans are to blame in any of this? succession of dodgy and shit owners, officials and managers

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 29 Mar 2010 17:24

Barry the bird boggler Absolutely. Just goes to show what a complete joke the PL are and how utterly toothless the FA are to fail to come down on them like a ton of bricks....

Isn't that the crux of why the bloke from the FA resigned last week? The FA are completely dominated by the influence of the PL board...largely made up of PL chairmen. They are not going to promote rules they might end up having to obey.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Mar 2010 19:21

Wax Jacket
PieEater I was talking to someone at the game today about this, he seemed to think I'd be sympathetic to the Portsmouth fans for their predicament. I said no - they've been cheating by playing a team they couldn't afford. I'm sure I'm not in the minority.

Barstewards, just FOAD.

er remind me how the fans are to blame in any of this? succession of dodgy and shit owners, officials and managers

Tell me the list of Pompey supporters that rebelled against the fact they were cheating their way to success. I'll feel sorry for them.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Apr 2010 11:52

HARRY: I SAV£D POMPEY

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... -call.html

I don't know who the bigger cnut is, Redknapp or the journo's who let him get away with this stuff?

For the record Pompey have recieved no way near what is claimed and are still paying off most of Redknapp's transfers.

If there is a God, Pompey will beat Spurs in the semi....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 07 Apr 2010 20:25

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe HARRY: I SAV£D POMPEY

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... -call.html

I don't know who the bigger cnut is, Redknapp or the journo's who let him get away with this stuff?

For the record Pompey have recieved no way near what is claimed and are still paying off most of Redknapp's transfers.

If there is a God, Pompey will beat Spurs in the semi....

If there is a God then both will lose.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 07 Apr 2010 20:44

Franchise FC
Wax Jacket

Barstewards, just FOAD.

Tell me the list of Pompey supporters that rebelled against the fact they were cheating their way to success. I'll feel sorry for them.

And how many clubs would still be in the Prem if Pompey had lived within their means?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Apr 2010 23:14

Tony Le Mesmer And how many clubs would still be in the Prem if Pompey had lived within their means?

That's kind of the point.

753 posts