Standing up

madstadblues

Standing up

by madstadblues » 14 Apr 2010 08:53

Whilst there are differing views on all seater stadiums. Why were the away fans allowed to stand up all game. Do they have a 'best fan in world' pass they show the stewards when asked to sit down ?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Standing up

by Silver Fox » 14 Apr 2010 08:54

I'm just glad someone has finally raised this very important point

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Apr 2010 09:31

madstadblues Whilst there are differing views on all seater stadiums. Why were the away fans allowed to stand up all game. Do they have a 'best fan in world' pass they show the stewards when asked to sit down ?

Half the games this season have resulted in away fans standing up. To be fair most of y26 was stood up last night which was a nice change :D

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 14 Apr 2010 09:44

I can't see the problem with them standing - I'm all for it.

Sounds like our stewards are being a bit more lenient too in Y26, I've seen a lot of standing over there this season, so can't complain that it's unfair.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Apr 2010 09:45

Some battles aren't worth fighting..........

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 14 Apr 2010 09:59

They are if you go about it the right way, and I think this one is. The campaign for Safe Standing being relaunched this year.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Apr 2010 10:28

Russell Street They are if you go about it the right way, and I think this one is. The campaign for Safe Standing being relaunched this year.

:?

My point was there was no point the stewards trying to get Newcastle fans to sit. It was a battle they would never have won.

Magnus

by Magnus » 14 Apr 2010 12:31

Safety in numbers surely.

If the entire East stand stood up and refused to sit down when asked, what could the stewards do it about, really?

Magnus

by Magnus » 14 Apr 2010 12:32

Oh, and apparently the beer is cheaper in the away end as well.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Apr 2010 12:35

loyalroyal4life
madstadblues Whilst there are differing views on all seater stadiums. Why were the away fans allowed to stand up all game. Do they have a 'best fan in world' pass they show the stewards when asked to sit down ?

Half the games this season have resulted in away fans standing up. To be fair most of y26 was stood up last night which was a nice change :D

Noticed a lot of agency stewards last night - some of whom were outside the East Stand at half time without SIA badges on show.

Fantastic work from the club, wonder what the FLA will make of that?

Magnus

by Magnus » 14 Apr 2010 12:43

I'm as much of a stickler for health & safety as the next man, but couldn't really care less if the stewards have done some box ticking course or not. I imagine, perhaps naively, that the club are staying within the rules anyway.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Apr 2010 13:08

Magnus I'm as much of a stickler for health & safety as the next man, but couldn't really care less if the stewards have done some box ticking course or not. I imagine, perhaps naively, that the club are staying within the rules anyway.

So you don't care that the club are employing just anyone as those who are supposed to be there for OUR safety instead of properly licensed persons? At the same time, I believe this also contravenes their guidelines for H&S - but I'm sure Dirkers will know more on the subject

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 14 Apr 2010 13:10

Why don't you all take a stand at the next home game?

royal goof

by royal goof » 14 Apr 2010 13:22

It's funny how the stewards didnt bat an eyelid at all the standing during the Villa FAcup game - something to do with the potential money from the next round if we made it through!! ...allowing standing would add to the atmosphere and the chance of winning....

no surprise then that for league games when they already have our money the club tells the stewards to be more stringent and ask home fans to sit down. made worse by not even attempting to ask geordies to sit. joke.

BReal

by BReal » 14 Apr 2010 13:24

royal goof ...allowing standing would add to the atmosphere and the chance of winning....

ALOL

Magnus

by Magnus » 14 Apr 2010 13:29

Big Foot
Magnus I'm as much of a stickler for health & safety as the next man, but couldn't really care less if the stewards have done some box ticking course or not. I imagine, perhaps naively, that the club are staying within the rules anyway.

So you don't care that the club are employing just anyone as those who are supposed to be there for OUR safety instead of properly licensed persons?

I honestly couldn't give a sh!t.

Magnus

by Magnus » 14 Apr 2010 16:00

Let me ask you then Big Foot - do you feel your safety has ever been comprimised at the Mad Stad?

Heaven help you should you ever visit a football club that hasn't been named family club of the year.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 14 Apr 2010 17:18

Big Foot
loyalroyal4life

Noticed a lot of agency stewards last night - some of whom were outside the East Stand at half time without SIA badges on show.

Fantastic work from the club, wonder what the FLA will make of that?

Wasn't the usual suspects walking up Y25 last night, just some clueless fools particularly those wearing tango. Whole of the block stood up, tango's right at the back try to get people to sit down. Myself and handbags told them what we thought of that idea :roll:

At least make an effort to make the away fans sit and then you might get a little more respect in the home end!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 14 Apr 2010 17:24

Didn't see one attempt by the stewards to get the away fans sitting yesterday.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Apr 2010 17:31

I did see what I can best describe as a "cock" standing up in the front row of Y25. A couple of stewards were obviously asking him to sit down and he was refusing and pointing to all the away fans standing up. I could understand his point more if other people around him were standing up - but they weren't. He just looked daft and forced himself to stand for ages just to make a bloody point. :roll: