Delivery prices from the online shop

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

Delivery prices from the online shop

by Readingfanman » 19 Apr 2010 02:04

Was looking earlier at buying a shirt from the online shop and as I'm not living in Reading I would need to get it delievered. However the shop want to charge me £7.50 for Royal Mail delivery for one shirt!

This is way, way OTT. Is there any reasonable explination for this?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Delivery prices from the online shop

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Apr 2010 06:52

Do you live on the Isle of Wight?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 19 Apr 2010 06:59

Bristol.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 19 Apr 2010 07:02

7.50 for Bristol! At that price it's almost cheaper to drive up to the ground and buy it!

Perhaps some Icelandic ash has got into their online shopping system....

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 19 Apr 2010 16:43

Readingfanman Was looking earlier at buying a shirt from the online shop and as I'm not living in Reading I would need to get it delievered. However the shop want to charge me £7.50 for Royal Mail delivery for one shirt!

If you think it is over the top, perhaps you can get someone to collect it and post it for you and you can pay them what you think is acceptable to cover their costs and time

royal mail recorded delivery would be over £5, not sure which courrier the club use.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 19 Apr 2010 17:24

£4.00 is the correct 1st class delivery charge. Unfortunately, when you order on-line it adds the European cost. I raised it years ago with the club but still no change.

Ring the Megastore and it'll be the correct £4.00 charge.

http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_reading&state=page&page=terms#delivery

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 19 Apr 2010 21:56

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96164

i found i got two types of delivery, one for nottingham and one for basingstoke (tested to see whether it was different.. not because i am lazy!)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Apr 2010 21:53

weybridgewanderer
Readingfanman Was looking earlier at buying a shirt from the online shop and as I'm not living in Reading I would need to get it delievered. However the shop want to charge me £7.50 for Royal Mail delivery for one shirt!

If you think it is over the top, perhaps you can get someone to collect it and post it for you and you can pay them what you think is acceptable to cover their costs and time

royal mail recorded delivery would be over £5, not sure which courrier the club use.

I would have a word with whichever post office you are using. No way should RM Recorded delivery on something as light and compact as a shirt be anything like £5! I recently had a camera delivered special delivery next day by 1pm for £8.65.

Irvinchangeyaname £4.00 is the correct 1st class delivery charge. Unfortunately, when you order on-line it adds the European cost. I raised it years ago with the club but still no change.

Ring the Megastore and it'll be the correct £4.00 charge.

http://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_reading&state=page&page=terms#delivery

I guess there's not much incentive for them to correct it. If people don't spot the mistake or don't ring to have it corrected, more profit for the club! Backfires though if it puts people off ordering in the first place.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Apr 2010 06:07

Last line is the answer to your first line there RB.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Apr 2010 11:09

RoyalBlue I would have a word with whichever post office you are using. No way should RM Recorded delivery on something as light and compact as a shirt be anything like £5! I recently had a camera delivered special delivery next day by 1pm for £8.65.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... tId=400026

Cheapest "special delivery" is £4.87, hence my £5

The price depends on the ait and the insured value of the item

I Guess your camera was in the between 1kg and 2kg, and less than £500 category.

"recorded signed for" is about half the price, no garantee of next day delivery, no insurance if the item is lost.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2010 17:40

weybridgewanderer
RoyalBlue I would have a word with whichever post office you are using. No way should RM Recorded delivery on something as light and compact as a shirt be anything like £5! I recently had a camera delivered special delivery next day by 1pm for £8.65.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... tId=400026

Cheapest "special delivery" is £4.87, hence my £5

The price depends on the ait and the insured value of the item

I Guess your camera was in the between 1kg and 2kg, and less than £500 category.

"recorded signed for" is about half the price, no garantee of next day delivery, no insurance if the item is lost.

I would refer you to the words you initially used i.e. 'recorded delivery' not 'special delivery'.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 26 Apr 2010 08:09

Hate to ask this but do they not still use City Link and therefore charge courier fees as opposed to royal mail?

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1