by Sharpy » 24 Apr 2010 22:56

shocking

good day out en route to game and back to Ding

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back From The Game - Watford; Thoroughly Deflated

by Big Foot » 24 Apr 2010 23:24

Glad I left at 2-0 to be honest

LOL @ the fickleness of our fans, singing Griffin for England one week then telling him to fcuk off back to Stoke the next. Idiots

Only one team wanted to win today and they did comfortably, we offered nothing in the 47 minutes I saw and deserved to get beat well

On a side note, LOL @ Heider Helgusson :lol: I'm sure plenty of people know what that's with reference to :oops: :mrgreen:

themadstad

by themadstad » 24 Apr 2010 23:33

Great turnout by the fans today, shame the team got lost on the way to the game!

Surprising after McDermott's comments following the Scunthorpe game. Despite that I expected us to be up against a fighting Watford with ourselves having little to play for to be fair! That said, it's still dissapointing because we showed them good support and on the back of McDermott's comments. There wasn't any team effort and I can't say I'm convinced any effort will go in to the Preston game. They've got holidays on their minds already!

I didn't think McAnuff enjoyed himself today, he looked to be getting a little frustrated.

Anyway they came up to us at the end so showed some appreciation, clearly it was a nothing game for us! Still a good try wouldve been nice...
Last edited by themadstad on 24 Apr 2010 23:40, edited 3 times in total.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 24 Apr 2010 23:33

Big Foot Glad I left at 2-0 to be honest

LOL @ the fickleness of our fans, singing Griffin for England one week then telling him to fcuk off back to Stoke the next. Idiots

Only one team wanted to win today and they did comfortably, we offered nothing in the 47 minutes I saw and deserved to get beat well

On a side note, LOL @ Heider Helgusson :lol: I'm sure plenty of people know what that's with reference to :oops: :mrgreen:

saw him say something in your direction, what you say?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Apr 2010 23:42

Kebe today aggravated me, he fell over when he had the ball, fell over even when he didn't. I rate Jimmy highly and sung for him today, although he yet again shown in-consistancy. When he's good he's amazing, when he's bad he's shocking.

Griffin suprised me today, he played cack. The only three players that shown any intent were Howard, Bertrand and Mills (in that order also).

We sung our hearts out today. Support-wise we won 5-0. Their support was laughable.

On another day Reading could have won 3-0, but we didn't turn up. Plus, and this is by no means an excuse, the referee was disgusting today.

Today however was an amazing day. Bbq at the pub was cracking, as well as the atmosphere in the pub.

I also owe massive thanks to a Watford fan. I dropped my ticket somewhere and went back to the ticket office and a Watford fan handed it in! So God bless you haha, and also a massive :oops:.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 24 Apr 2010 23:54

Dear oh Dear
that was shocking! Need a big performance on Sunday now
think I'll pull a sicky on Monday! :shock:

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Apr 2010 23:58

Just seen the goals on the football league show. ALOL at Griffin to give away the third, and I mean ALOL.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 25 Apr 2010 00:00

....not only did we save ourselves from relegation

we saved Scunny and Watford too

never mind...........job done and all that

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 25 Apr 2010 00:15

URZZ Griffin suprised me today, he played cack. The only three players that shown any intent were Howard, Bertrand and Mills (in that order also).
I don't agree at all. Pretty sure that was one of the worst performances by Howard since he's arrived, and that includes intent. The only thing he looked intent on doing was being easily out muscled and losing the ball each time it bobbled slowly to his feet.

URZZ Just seen the goals on the football league show. ALOL at Griffin to give away the third, and I mean ALOL.
But +1 for that.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 25 Apr 2010 00:33

dantheloyalroyal
URZZ Griffin suprised me today, he played cack. The only three players that shown any intent were Howard, Bertrand and Mills (in that order also).
I don't agree at all. Pretty sure that was one of the worst performances by Howard since he's arrived, and that includes intent. The only thing he looked intent on doing was being easily out muscled and losing the ball each time it bobbled slowly to his feet.

URZZ Just seen the goals on the football league show. ALOL at Griffin to give away the third, and I mean ALOL.
But +1 for that.

I'll give you that, but amount of times we were trying to attack and couldn't get in their box the crowd were just demandind a shot. At least Howard hit one. I thought he showed effort today.

Long also was a Schlong. Awful.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 25 Apr 2010 00:37

URZZ I'll give you that, but amount of times we were trying to attack and couldn't get in their box the crowd were just demandind a shot. At least Howard hit one. I thought he showed effort today.
To be fair, they did seem to want to crowd out our midfield, once they had forced us into the centre by taking McAnuff and Kebe completely out of the game. Nevertheless, in a situation like that you need composure, which is what Howard lacked. He kept on running down blind alleys and giving the ball away cheaply. For that reason, I didn't even see much intent from him - just an inability to do something with the ball.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Apr 2010 03:35

urz_1871 Well that was a pile of shite. Don't think any of the players put a decent shift in today. Then again I was in row bb right in the front row and didn't have the best of views behind the goal.

Also got a ball smashed in the side of my head during the warm up. Still have a headache!!!

That was you, was it? If it hadn't hit you, it would probably have hit me, so thanks for saving me as I was busy watching all the inflatables bouncing around at the time. Shame about the game.

tlcs

by tlcs » 25 Apr 2010 06:36

Could not believe Helgusson took the bait from the guy in the white shirt in row DD....i thought he was supposed to be a pro LOL :D

Also a special thank you to the lino ............YOU WHERE SHITE !!!!!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Apr 2010 08:33

Just like the officials, the performance was absolute crap.

Did Clodagh ever leave? Did we get a corner? Can't even remember a shot on target.

Nice to see we can still turn it on with the "improved" squad and management. Worrying reminder that next season could be just as crap as this...

under the tin

by under the tin » 25 Apr 2010 08:50

Royal Lady Just got in.

I'd be interested to know what he said to Tim Dellor after the game.

We paid £20 each for our train ticket, £23 for our match ticket plus food and drink money - and that "performance" by the players today really did look like they were taking the p!ss out of all the fans who had paid good money to turn up.

Without any coersion from Dellor, Brian alluded to the performance against Plymouth, saying just like that one, this performance fell far below the standards expected.
Dellor was giving it some analageous spin about the players being emotionally and and psychologically exhausted, but the weight of the callers on the phone-in inevitably turned the thrust of it into "people have travelled in numbers, paid good money, .... "etc.
The conclusion of B McD, Gooding and Dellor was that the players "owe the fans a performance next Sunday"

I'm a season ticket holder, so I'll be there, but given what went on yesterday, I wouldn't begrudge anyone who pays on the day to give it a miss next week, and fire up the barbecue instead.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Apr 2010 10:06

The sooner footbal is played by robots that can turn out the same level of performance week in week out, regardless of the situation, irrespective of what has gone before, the better.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 25 Apr 2010 10:17

tlcs

Could not believe Helgusson took the bait from the guy in the white shirt in row DD....i thought he was supposed to be a pro LOL :D

Also a special thank you to the lino ............YOU WHERE SHITE !!!!!

Sharpy

saw him say something in your direction, what you say?

:lol: :lol: Helgusson you Icelandic wnker!!! He turned around and told me to fcuk off so I shouted back "you rejected us and your career's gone backward!! You could've been a Royal but instead you're just a useless cnut" :lol:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 25 Apr 2010 10:43

Rother wrote:

The sooner football is played by robots that can turn out the same level of performance week in week out, regardless of the situation, irrespective of what has gone before, the better.

Now that ladies and gentlemen is POTD.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Watford in the penultimate game

by rhroyal » 25 Apr 2010 10:47

Always a let down after a very good few months.

gonesy

Re: Watford in the penultimate game

by gonesy » 25 Apr 2010 10:55

rhroyal Always a let down after a very good few months.

Definite bogey game for a few years now

130 posts