Fed in talks with Spurs

206 posts
Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

Re: Fed in talks with Spurs

by Messiah » 17 May 2010 14:26

Stranded
RoyalBlue Jamie Ashdown will be up for grabs, along with everyone else in the Pompey squad.

According to The Mail he is on 'a free' and wages are £9K a week.

I'd be surprised if Federici is on £9k a week.

Think he meant Ashdown.

Am I due a whoosh? :|

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 May 2010 14:35

Sun Tzu
Woodcote Royal
Having hijacked this thread are you going to elaborate on the open top bus that makes my opinion so weak, or not?

Why do you keep going on about 'hijacking' ? You seem to inhabit a world entirely different from the rest of us.

I'll leave you to ponder the open top bus, although you've never explained exactly how much of a fuss you wanted to be made of Marcus when he left.

I "keep on" about hijacking because you and other brainless idiots decided to jump on my remark about Marcus being treated pretty shoddily when the thread was about Federici.

Only a complete tool would raise the subject of an open top bus as proof of how well Hahnemann was treated then refuse to elaborate on it.......................or someone with a mental age of under ten.

I never said the club deserved to be strung up over this issue and didn't expect everyone to agree with my point of view. However, whilst I've never criticised the club for releasing him no number of open top buses, real or imaginary, are going to change my view that his departure could have been handled better by the club.

Furthermore, whilst I was happy for Feds to get his chance and would not be too concerned if he is our 'keeper next season, it was obvious to anyone with a modest understanding of this job that he didn't quite step up to the plate as most would have been hoping for................................and, as ever, this point is lost on you and most of your silly friends.

Throughout his time here Hahnemann maintained higher standards and remains the better 'keeper to this day.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 May 2010 15:03

Royal Lady Dunno really - but him going to Pompey and having taste of Premiership football etc, I just think he'd be looking to go to another Prem club rather than back to us (sort of backward step type thing). He'll probably join us now I've said this! LOL. :oops:

Fair enough.

I'd have thought that after wasting away at Pompey for all this time he'd be looking to make sure that he was actually going to play at whichever club's paying his wages next season. He's been 3rd choice for a lot of the time he's been down there and I'd hope he's not been happy about that, even if it is in the Premiership.

If he is happy with that, and he's happy to be a Premiership sub at best then he probably isn't the player I reckon he is and wouldn't want him here anyway.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him and the other Pompey players this summer. A lot of them will obviously be off, but I'm wondering how many will stay and be top Championship players next season. I'd love to see the likes of Ashdown, Finnan and Mullins at Reading next season, but I doubt that'll happen.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 17 May 2010 15:51

Woodcote Royal However, whilst I've never criticised the club for releasing him no number of open top buses, real or imaginary, are going to change my view that his departure could have been handled better by the club.

But you still haven't answered the question. Just WHAT did you expect the club to do? His departure was no different to any of the others players who left that summer, bar Murty who was special case. If you've not heard Marcus himself complain about any treatment made by the club first hand, I don't believe you or anyone can be in any way miffed on his behalf.

P.S. Stop with the billions of full stops in a row. You moan about people posting like they are ten year olds, then you do THAT time and time again. A few will do.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 19 May 2010 15:44

Woodcote Royal
Sun Tzu
Woodcote Royal
Having hijacked this thread are you going to elaborate on the open top bus that makes my opinion so weak, or not?

Why do you keep going on about 'hijacking' ? You seem to inhabit a world entirely different from the rest of us.

I'll leave you to ponder the open top bus, although you've never explained exactly how much of a fuss you wanted to be made of Marcus when he left.

I "keep on" about hijacking because you and other brainless idiots decided to jump on my remark about Marcus being treated pretty shoddily when the thread was about Federici.

Only a complete tool would raise the subject of an open top bus as proof of how well Hahnemann was treated then refuse to elaborate on it.......................or someone with a mental age of under ten.

I never said the club deserved to be strung up over this issue and didn't expect everyone to agree with my point of view. However, whilst I've never criticised the club for releasing him no number of open top buses, real or imaginary, are going to change my view that his departure could have been handled better by the club.

Furthermore, whilst I was happy for Feds to get his chance and would not be too concerned if he is our 'keeper next season, it was obvious to anyone with a modest understanding of this job that he didn't quite step up to the plate as most would have been hoping for................................and, as ever, this point is lost on you and most of your silly friends.
Throughout his time here Hahnemann maintained higher standards and remains the better 'keeper to this day.

:roll:

Get some therapy

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 May 2010 16:11

This is all great fun so apologies for the continued hijacking. This will only stop when you agree to meet all my demands.....

Woodcote Royal

When you elaborate on what you expected the club to do for Marcus then I can stop assuming that you believe he deserved an open top bus parade through the town....

Woodcote Royal Furthermore, whilst I was happy for Feds to get his chance and would not be too concerned if he is our 'keeper next season, it was obvious to anyone with a modest understanding of this job that he didn't quite step up to the plate as most would have been hoping for................................and, as ever, this point is lost on you and most of your silly friends.

That's fine, it's been pretty well agreed that Fed's isn't perfect. Nor was Marcus. Not sure what point you think it 'lost'. The one we have over here, being discussed, perhaps ?

Woodcote Royal Throughout his time here Hahnemann maintained higher standards and remains the better 'keeper to this day.

Again, all agreed Marcus has done exceptionally well since leaving. He had his ups and downs with us, mostly ups, but like Fed he was prone to the odd error !!

So in summary you are all het up because you aren't able to support a point you made, and becasue you agree with a lot of other stuff !

You also think that there should be some kind of 'board discipline' that means only things raised in the OP can be discussed. And this is as a result of you introducing a 'non related' topic into the thread ! You can;t really chuck in a tangenital comment and then fly into a hissy fit if others decide to comment on it !!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 May 2010 16:42

I think you'll find he can, and has, have a hissy fit.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 May 2010 16:59

Ian Royal I think you'll find he can, and has, have a hissy fit.

I guess you are correct !

I should have phrased it a little better and added the word 'reasonably' or something !!!

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 19 May 2010 17:07

Marcus did throw his toys out of the pram the Season before he left.

He said the club hasn't spoken to me about a new contract for next year.....blah blah blah. But he only had to play 1 more game which triggered a clause giving him an extra year.

He had also just released a book, so got some free publicity

Oh and Feds aint going nowhere, he wants to play week in week out and will not sit on a bench. Spoke to him in Sainsburys Winnersh 2 weeks ago. Saw Noel Hunt in Focus last week too. Oh the life of a footballer

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 19 May 2010 17:09

No Hoops . Spoke to him in Sainsburys Winnersh 2 weeks ago. Saw Noel Hunt in Focus last week too. Oh the life of a footballer

What day and time ?

I shop there and would be happy to adjust my schedules for the chance of 'accidently' running into Fed in Soft Drinks or Frozen meals....

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 19 May 2010 17:22

Sun Tzu
No Hoops . Spoke to him in Sainsburys Winnersh 2 weeks ago. Saw Noel Hunt in Focus last week too. Oh the life of a footballer

What day and time ?

I shop there and would be happy to adjust my schedules for the chance of 'accidently' running into Fed in Soft Drinks or Frozen meals....

Adam Federici I'm scared :(

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 11 Jun 2010 23:40

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2010 16:36

Well just in case he is off... Ghana's 'keeper Kingson has been released from Wigan so would be available on a free.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 13 Jun 2010 18:27

Feds was never going anywhere because no one has ever had any serious interest in him.

The Liverpool rumoured interest turned out to be his Dad talking him up for goodness sake!

This is all about getting the best contract from Reading.

If he were to play in the world cup and played a blinder then that might attract some interest....

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jun 2010 19:49

Ian Royal Well just in case he is off... Ghana's 'keeper Kingson has been released from Wigan so would be available on a free.

no thanks

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2010 20:45

loyalroyal4life
Ian Royal Well just in case he is off... Ghana's 'keeper Kingson has been released from Wigan so would be available on a free.

no thanks

racist

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Jun 2010 10:47

Ian Royal
loyalroyal4life

no thanks

racist

:twisted:

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 06 Aug 2010 09:00

Could be off to Liverpool according to the Daily Mirror today.

Brad Jones at Middlesborough is too expensive at £3m apparently. Feds on the way if they offer £1.5m - £2m?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 06 Aug 2010 10:19

UpNorth Could be off to Liverpool according to the Daily Mirror today.

Brad Jones at Middlesborough is too expensive at £3m apparently. Feds on the way if they offer £1.5m - £2m?

More good journalism from Holt's crappy rag. The whole point Liverpool want Jones is because he is a home grown player. Feds certainly certainly doesn't qualify for that.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Aug 2010 13:51

So they're likely to be offering the 1.5 million for Hamer then..

206 posts