Goodbye Marek!

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Goodbye Marek!

by brighton_royal » 12 Jun 2010 23:59

Marek was one of the most talented players to ever pull on a Reading shirt. The fact that we won't see him play for us again is a real shame. All you clueless dicks welcoming this news can oxf*rd off.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 13 Jun 2010 00:10

brighton_royal Marek was one of the most talented players to ever pull on a Reading shirt. The fact that we won't see him play for us again is a real shame. All you clueless dicks welcoming this news can oxf*rd off.

Hahahhaha

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jun 2010 00:21

brighton_royal Marek was one of the most talented players to ever pull on a Reading shirt. The fact that we won't see him play for us again is a real shame. All you clueless dicks welcoming this news can oxf*rd off.

One of the most talented? Yes, never in doubt.

One of the most effective? Not on your life.

What I see is the club bringing in a decent transfer fee for a highly paid, skillful but inconsistant squad player and giving him the oportunity to resurrect his career on a more suitable platform for his abilities.

Very good and sensible business for everyone concerned.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jun 2010 00:30

right move for both parties

His goal against scousers will always be remembered, what a belter

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jun 2010 01:55

From Despair To Where?

One of the most talented? Yes, never in doubt.

One of the most effective? Not on your life.

What I see is the club bringing in a decent transfer fee for a highly paid, skillful but inconsistant squad player and giving him the oportunity to resurrect his career on a more suitable platform for his abilities.

Very good and sensible business for everyone concerned.

This ^^^^

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 13 Jun 2010 12:04

Good decision by all parties in the end, not the greatest ever fee but then we were hardly ever going to recoup that amount given his injuries and lack of form/playing time. This was a luxury player that we would ultimately never be able to accomodate. He has obvious qualities but none of which he can consistently showcase in english football im afraid. For all his slide rule passing and technical ability, the application was weak and i can count the number of key assists on one hand.His lack of discipline for someone who wasnt essentially a dirty player was frustrating as was his tendancy of hanging on to the ball too long losing possesion- his horror gaffe at Peterborough away springs to mind. We have a young, hungry goal threat now in Siggurdson who plays to our teams strength. While i wish Marek all the best, we have far better options in midfield. If we offload Cisse, the wage bill goes down that little bit further and hopefully we wont need to get rid of any key players.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 13 Jun 2010 12:52

Has so much potential, but just isn't suited to English football unfortuantely. He fit the bill when we signed him, skillful, comfortable on the ball, a step in the right direction for Reading. It's a shame it didn't work out for him.

Good business for both parties, but I'll miss his little cameos, even though he only ever showed short bursts of his brilliance. Good luck Marek.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 13 Jun 2010 19:03

Now it is just a matter of time before we say farewell to Cisse.

I always wanted Marek to be a success in a Reading shirt. We will probably never know why this was not the case. Hope he does well in his homeland. Hopefully we will get a pre season friendly out of it so that we can eventually see what he was all about.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jun 2010 19:39

Royal_Delight Goodbye Marek! Despite your inconsistency, I will always remember you as a great passer. :lol:
Sadly, he must've been colour-blind.

Should've gone two years ago

A total let-down

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Jun 2010 19:40

Terminal Boardom I always wanted Marek to be a success in a Reading shirt. We will probably never know why this was not the case.

He didn't fit in with our style of play...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2010 20:44

Couldn't cope with the pace and athleticism of the game here. Needs someone from midfield making runs for him to play them through, and someone who can actually tackle.

Might have worked with Sig and someone big, quick and absolutely nails alongside him. But Tabb and Howard are a better option.

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 13 Jun 2010 20:46

AthleticoSpizz
Royal_Delight Goodbye Marek! Despite your inconsistency, I will always remember you as a great passer. :lol:

A total let-down

But if went 2 years ago, we would not have seen his goal at Liverpool! :D

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 13 Jun 2010 23:02

Royal_Delight
AthleticoSpizz

A total let-down

But if went 2 years ago, we would not have seen his goal at Liverpool! :D

Liverpool goal was 2 and a bit years ago... We were relegated from the prem 2 years ago...

I believe he was referring to the summer after the marvelous strike.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jun 2010 23:05

Focher glad cos we need the money, sad because when rarely on form was an absolute pleasure to watch

I can't comment because I didn't see him that time.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 13 Jun 2010 23:21

CMRoyal Possibly the most naturally talented player I've seen in a Reading shirt in my three and a half decades of following the team, but alas not a good fit for the Championship. At 28 and injury prone, we had to take the dosh. I look forward to seeing him do his stuff in the Champions' League next season.

My thoughts exactly.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Jun 2010 08:38

Big earner off the wage bill ... Maybe this will pave the way for Reading to offer more cash to Griffin

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Jun 2010 08:44

Ozymandias
CMRoyal Possibly the most naturally talented player I've seen in a Reading shirt in my three and a half decades of following the team, but alas not a good fit for the Championship. At 28 and injury prone, we had to take the dosh. I look forward to seeing him do his stuff in the Champions' League next season.

My thoughts exactly.

Agreed

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Jun 2010 09:25

Sensible for everyone that he's gone. He was never going to make the breakthrough here for a combination of reasons.

To get a fee is excellent business and I'd wish him well in rebuilding his career.

Will mean we can focus attention on bringing new faces in.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 14 Jun 2010 09:30

RIP Marek. Thanks for the memories.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jun 2010 11:29

The Prisoner Sale agreed to Sparta for an undisclosed fee.
Did it state who was paying the fee, them or us?