Next Seasons Kit

638 posts
havoc

Re: The New Kit

by havoc » 09 Jul 2010 13:13

why do we need a new kit every year :?:

its just robbing off the fans, it's disgusting. By the time I've kitted out myself, the wife and two kids with new home shirts with the Sig on the back = shorts and socks for the kids it'll be £200+!!!!1!!!! We've only just paid for the STs!!!!!eleven!!

We'll have to wait till xmas for the away shirts I suppose but that's just more expense!

Can anything be done about this???

STAR?????

specialjon

by specialjon » 09 Jul 2010 13:17

havoc why do we need a new kit every year :?:

its just robbing off the fans, it's disgusting. By the time I've kitted out myself, the wife and two kids with new home shirts with the Sig on the back = shorts and socks for the kids it'll be £200+!!!!1!!!! We've only just paid for the STs!!!!!eleven!!

We'll have to wait till xmas for the away shirts I suppose but that's just more expense!

Can anything be done about this???

STAR?????

Robbing off fans?!?!??!?!?!!? You going in to the club shop and deciding to buy the new shirt is not robbery. I have a solution for you. Don't buy them. Easy. If you want any more money saving tips pm me.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 09 Jul 2010 13:18

Forbury Lion
sawyers left arm Where have all the threads gone, this really is changing for changing sake, the new kit is awful.
Problem is there are plenty of mugs out there that buy the shirts year on year, good luck but I won't be ripped off with this unfinished article.
New kits are aimed at those who buy a new one for the sake of it regardless of whether it is awful or not.

This is true.

I am sure they could come up with some better 'hooped' designs though.

Puma obviously do a few designs and submit them to the club. I suspect the designs get banded around the club and the most popular one is picked. However, it seems, people at the club have no taste. We all know the marketing at the club isn't great, we can all see it, so why doesn't someone do something about it?

I still cannot believe there is no club shop in the town centre and somewhere to obtain tickets.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jul 2010 13:19

Speak for yourself, I don't need a new kit every year and my 10 year old Westcoast home shirt still fits.

havoc ]its just robbing off the fans, it's disgusting. By the time I've kitted out myself, the wife and two kids with new home shirts with the Sig on the back = shorts and socks for the kids it'll be £200+!!!!1!!!! We've only just paid for the STs!!!!!eleven!!
I bet your season ticket will still allow you entry even if your not dressed head to toe in the latest range of merchandise.

havoc ] We'll have to wait till xmas for the away shirts I suppose but that's just more expense!
It's not a tax, it's an optional expense

havoc ] ] Can anything be done about this???
Yes, you and those like you can stop buying this shit every season and then maybe they wouldn't keep churning it out.

havoc ] ] STAR?????
Waste of time. Take action yourself, leave your cash in your wallet.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next Seasons Kit

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jul 2010 13:20

Dirk Gently The problem is that if they put 4 kits up to the vote and they got something like 20%, 20% 20% & 40%, of the votes each, the winning one is the one that 60% of the voters didn't want, so the whole process loses credibility. It's only worth doing if one kit gets over 50%, which is only really likely if you have only two selections - which is hardly real choice.

Can anyone see any parallells here with our current elctoral system ;-)

How about having 3 credibe options then?

I actually think it would be better to offer the choice of a 2 or 3 'styles' of kit, not just the finished articals so that the club can get a feel for whether or not the fans like these gawdy non-league kits or something a bit more plain and classy, or proper hoops vs a couple of strips of white on the front of a blue kit.

They don't even have to offer up kits for the vote they could offer a multiple choice on key elements like colours, collars, sock style, full hoops etc etc.

It would empower the fans and at least engage them in the process and give the club some meaningful direction.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jul 2010 13:21

No Fixed Abode
Forbury Lion
sawyers left arm Where have all the threads gone, this really is changing for changing sake, the new kit is awful.
Problem is there are plenty of mugs out there that buy the shirts year on year, good luck but I won't be ripped off with this unfinished article.
New kits are aimed at those who buy a new one for the sake of it regardless of whether it is awful or not.

This is true.

I am sure they could come up with some better 'hooped' designs though.

Puma obviously do a few designs and submit them to the club. I suspect the designs get banded around the club and the most popular one is picked. However, it seems, people at the club have no taste. We all know the marketing at the club isn't great, we can all see it, so why doesn't someone do something about it?

I still cannot believe there is no club shop in the town centre and somewhere to obtain tickets.
The Reading badges nowadays are so crap they fall off after a few washes so...... If a town centre outlet was to stock plain blue and white hooped football shirts, ideally with a collar I think I would be tempted to buy one instead of a Reading shirt.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 09 Jul 2010 13:23

Forbury Lion
Speak for yourself, I don't need a new kit every year and my 10 year old Westcoast home shirt still fits.

havoc ]its just robbing off the fans, it's disgusting. By the time I've kitted out myself, the wife and two kids with new home shirts with the Sig on the back = shorts and socks for the kids it'll be £200+!!!!1!!!! We've only just paid for the STs!!!!!eleven!!
I bet your season ticket will still allow you entry even if your not dressed head to toe in the latest range of merchandise.

havoc ] We'll have to wait till xmas for the away shirts I suppose but that's just more expense!
It's not a tax, it's an optional expense

havoc ] ] Can anything be done about this???
Yes, you and those like you can stop buying this shit every season and then maybe they wouldn't keep churning it out.

havoc ] ] STAR?????
Waste of time. Take action yourself, leave your cash in your wallet.

MASSIVE WOOSH

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2010 13:25

No Fixed Abode even though I've confessed, you've still fallen for it. :lol:

That is not the new kit!

Help me out...why bother?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 09 Jul 2010 13:26

This wouldn't be an issue if we all just grew up and went back to wearing cloth caps and suits to the match.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2010 13:26

Terry Tibbs
Compo's Hat Someone put this on twitter but i have my doubts that its grey and not white as the description of the shorts says on the JD Sports link for the shorts.

think its not the new shirt as the blue stripes arent even coloured in properly

LOL

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jul 2010 13:27

SLAMMED Ladies and Gentleman, I officially announce the unveiling of the Reading FC 2010/2011 Home shirt

LOL

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 09 Jul 2010 13:41

Shock as HNA moans about another kit. :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Jul 2010 13:50

YateleyRoyal Also, no third kit?

No, just third rate ones.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 09 Jul 2010 13:52

Hoop Blah
Has anyone ever heard of them holding a focus group or anything like that on the kit?

Can't recall if the kit was on the agenda but there have definitely been focus groups held by the club about various things in the past.

I think some fan input on the kit would be a good idea, but also suspect that almost whatever was chosen would get the usual mixed reaction.

I'm not sure it's worth the fuss. It's much like the kit of any season for the last few decades - it's blue and white hoops with some mucking around. I won't buy one, because i don't ever buy the kit. It won't have any impact on how we do on the pitch, and as such I'll file it under 'better things to worry about'

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Jul 2010 13:57

The blue hoops look like they have been drawn on freehand. All blue back to the home shirt. Blue shorts. A relegation kit if ever there was one. How can QPR can consistently turn out smarter looking blue and white hooped kits?

shoey

by shoey » 09 Jul 2010 14:00

club needs the money from kit, I think they will grow on me.

Home kit ordered.

Its my way of supporting the club

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Jul 2010 14:01

Forbury Lion The Reading badges nowadays are so crap they fall off after a few washes so...... If a town centre outlet was to stock plain blue and white hooped football shirts, ideally with a collar I think I would be tempted to buy one instead of a Reading shirt.

Which is why I never wash a football shirt during the season. Call it superstition if you like... What's more the issue is the crap material that they are made from. The latest England shirt had me sweating like a rapist in about 3 minutes flat. Even with a t shirt underneath it was intolerable.

That aside, no-one forces anyone to buy the kit. Either spend your money or STFU!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jul 2010 14:04

Terminal Boardom Which is why I never wash a football shirt during the season.
I've only washed my 10 year old Westcoast shirt a few times, Turning it inside out helps, However the badges back then were proper fabric and sewn on not rubber ones stamped on.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Jul 2010 14:06

Forbury Lion I've only washed my 10 year old Westcoast shirt a few times

Stinky.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 09 Jul 2010 14:07

floyd__streete
Forbury Lion I've only washed my 10 year old Westcoast shirt a few times

Stinky.
I can still smell the excitement from the 106 season.

638 posts