Henry to Millwall

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Henry to Millwall

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2010 17:45

I'm quite disappointed by this.

Personally I like a lot of what I see with Henry and I think he's done reasonably well when he's had a chance in the first team. He's not demanded to start by his performances but I think at times he's done better than he's been given credit for and better than his direct rivals.

I can also see the sense in letting him go. Much like Davies he now needs to play week in week out to kick on and kick start his career. I'd have liked that to be with us, but good luck to the lad, I hope that like Henderson, Tyson, Cox and Lockwood the move always him to forge a decent career.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: James Henry on way out?

by Y21_Royal » 26 Jul 2010 17:46

yappy Well he'll get his chance at Championship level now, so he could quickly prove us wrong. Decent move for him really. Thought he looked like he could be a decent player, played very well Birmingham away, impressed at Stoke in the league cup and generally he did well wherever he went on loan. Best of luck to him.

Thats ignoring the fact that he played bugger all football at Bournemouth, Norwich and Forest because he's a cocky shite that as Mags said, can't be bothered to train.

He's clearly a very talented, natural footballer but he was always too lightweight for us and completely out of sync with the rest of the team. If Millwall can get the best out of him, then fair play but he had numerous chances here and was never good enough

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 26 Jul 2010 17:47

Ian Royal Good luck to James, never quite worked here despite hype and potential.

mainly just hype

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2010 17:53

Bugger all football at Bournemouth? He scored 4 goals in 11 games in 2 months of football and got rave reviews for the most part!!

I'm quite disappointed by this move. Not gutted just think things could've worked out given more of a chance.

Personally I like a lot of what I see with Henry and I think he's done reasonably well when he's had a chance in the first team. He's not demanded to start by his performances but I think at times he's done better than he's been given credit for and better than his direct rivals.

I can also see the sense in letting him go. Much like Davies he now needs to play week in week out to kick on and kick start his career. I'd have liked that to be with us, but good luck to the lad, I hope that like Henderson, Tyson, Cox and Lockwood the move always him to forge a decent career.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 26 Jul 2010 17:57

Hoop Blah Bugger all football at Bournemouth? He scored 4 goals in 11 games in 2 months of football and got rave reviews for the most part!!

I'm quite disappointed by this move. Not gutted just think things could've worked out given more of a chance.

My bad, saw the 11 appearances and assumed it was 6 months+ but the point still stands re Norwich and Forest

I'd have liked to see him succeed here, its always good to have proper local boys in the team and we haven't really had one since Adie Williams. The deal makes sense for all parties really and I'm sure there'll be plenty of add ons for the club if he does make a success of his career

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jul 2010 18:27

Hoop Blah I'm quite disappointed by this.

Another example of a player who'd have come through and done well for us had we not had such unprecendented success over the last few years IMO.

But he never really earnt more pitch time with us and we still have better options. good luck to him, as I said elsewhere.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Jul 2010 18:28

A good move, he has been on the outside of the first team for a while, and has struggled to get a starting position, good luck to you James, lets see you prove us wrong and further your career at Millwall..............good move all round.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 26 Jul 2010 18:41

Big Foot :| why take him on pre-season then, shoulda given the place in the squad to another up and coming youngster like Walcott or Mills

Presumably when they went on tour they hadn't received a bid for him, and you can't retrospectivly take someone else.

Boyband

by Boyband » 26 Jul 2010 18:42

I hope James goes to Millwall and shows his true potential. He's been very unlucky with injuries at crucial times in the past 3 or 4 seasons. Had he not tore his cruciate knee ligaments in the 05/06 season I maintain he'd be a Premiership player now.

And for the person who said, he's had more chance than others, I strongly disagree. He hasn't been given a run in the first team here under Coppell, Rodgers or McDermott unlike others such as Scott Davies, HRK etc.

Good luck to him at Millwall, hope he does a Simon Cox.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jul 2010 18:58

At the end of the day there wasn't room for all 3 of Antonio, HRK and Henry. Personally I'm quite glad it's Henry who McD has decided to get rid of, HRK has probably been our best player in pre-season thus far, and Antonio has the raw talent to make a big impact. Henry has a decent right foot, but his lack of pace is going to hold him back.

Assuming we got a decent amount for him I'd say this is a good move for all concerned.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2010 19:01

Neither of those two have had a run in the first team though. Occaissional run outs like Henry did, but nothing more really.

Y21, his time at Forest was a let down, including an injury as well as rumours of big time charlieitis, but Norwich was more a question of then having to juggle the number of loan players they had to comply with league rules.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Jul 2010 19:05

Y21_Royal he's a cocky shite that as Mags said, can't be bothered to train.

LOL @ the insider-knowledge RFC fan.

Seems to me that we have let a few midfield players go this summer, which will presumably be ok because we have the best Academy in the country and it is the answer to all problems, including third world debt and global warming.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Jul 2010 20:21

Sun Tzu
Big Foot :| why take him on pre-season then, shoulda given the place in the squad to another up and coming youngster like Walcott or Mills

Presumably when they went on tour they hadn't received a bid for him, and you can't retrospectivly take someone else.

So was he for sale or not? The money spent on taking him on tour plus relevant insurances couldn't been used to fund a bus route to the Madejski from Bracknell- STAR should really pull their fingers out and do something about this!!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jul 2010 20:37

It seems he was, like Mooney and Davies, surplus to requirements (unless we go and replace him) and so it might be questionable whether he should've gone on tour.

I'd rather we took him and had an open mind on him then go with one less on tour. The extra cost of taking him was probably minimal anyway.

STAR really should've had the club by the short and curlies on this though...

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Jul 2010 20:55

Boyband I hope James goes to Millwall and shows his true potential. He's been very unlucky with injuries at crucial times in the past 3 or 4 seasons. Had he not tore his cruciate knee ligaments in the 05/06 season I maintain he'd be a Premiership player now.

And for the person who said, he's had more chance than others, I strongly disagree. He hasn't been given a run in the first team here under Coppell, Rodgers or McDermott unlike others such as Scott Davies, HRK etc.

Good luck to him at Millwall, hope he does a Simon Cox.

I agree, the club are mad to sell him!

bootboy

by bootboy » 26 Jul 2010 22:03

winchester_royal At the end of the day there wasn't room for all 3 of Antonio, HRK and Henry. Personally I'm quite glad it's Henry who McD has decided to get rid of, HRK has probably been our best player in pre-season thus far, and Antonio has the raw talent to make a big impact. Henry has a decent right foot, but his lack of pace is going to hold him back.

Assuming we got a decent amount for him I'd say this is a good move for all concerned.

Mcd never got rid of him. He asked to go apparently, and because we have plenty of cover in that position and he has been a good servant to the club he was allowed to go to progress his career with regular football. Good luck James

chandog

by chandog » 26 Jul 2010 22:03

good luck to him. i always hoped he would break through at some point but it just hasnt happened.

and with HRK, antonio and taylor i think this move makes sense

hopefully this further trimming of our squad along with mooney and davies leaving in the near future can help persuade mr mad to let us bring in a CB

bootboy

by bootboy » 26 Jul 2010 22:06

Big Foot
Sun Tzu

So was he for sale or not? The money spent on taking him on tour plus relevant insurances couldn't been used to fund a bus route to the Madejski from Bracknell- STAR should really pull their fingers out and do something about this!!

Every player is for sale at the right price and the right circumstances as this was

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Jul 2010 23:03

chandog good luck to him. i always hoped he would break through at some point but it just hasnt happened.

and with HRK, antonio and taylor i think this move makes sense

hopefully this further trimming of our squad along with mooney and davies leaving in the near future can help persuade mr mad to let us bring in a CB

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Jul 2010 09:10

needs moving to The Team now as not a rumour anymore.

Good luck JH, I reckon the stuff re chelsea went to his head, never really seemed ready to make it at RFC, cleanish shett at Millwall, tho a few of theirs reckon he can vanish in games, tho it is what wingers do.