Reading fc fans

Davyc

Reading fc fans

by Davyc » 25 Aug 2010 22:36

Why after a few bad results do people have to start moaning and complaining, well the only bad result other than last night was scunthrope, but the others werent terrible, even though we could have gotten the 3 points against forest, a draw isnt a bad result against a team that is one of the favs to get promoted, but why does everyone have to think the worst is goin to happen, only three league games have been played. there is no money there to get more players so stop moaning about it. if people went every week and filled the mad stad there would be more money, Just support the team instead of moaning all the time.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading fc fans

by who are ya? » 25 Aug 2010 23:15

Booooo

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 25 Aug 2010 23:23

oxf*rd off newbie.

But I do agree to a certain extent, it's far too early to be bashful. I hope the players don't read this board put it that way...

In the words of Marilyn herself, "I'm Selfish.. Impatient.. A little insecure.. I make mistakes.. I am out of control.. And at times hard to handle.. But if you can't handle me at my worst.. Then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

If we can support Reading and sing our praises whilst they're top of the Championship, we can support them through their struggles too. Those of us that are fans anyway.

joe999

by joe999 » 26 Aug 2010 01:53

If I'm spending my hard-earned cash to go and support my team week in, week out, I don't see why you're saying we can't have a pop at the lack of investment when we're not getting anything in return. You can arse-lick the board all you want, I won't be joining you.

P.s oxf*rd off newbie.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 26 Aug 2010 02:11

I agree, nothing will be done by the club until the fans start protesting- maybe not going to games is the way forward. I don't like booing but it's becoming far more attractive nowadays. Madejski simply needs to know

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2010 08:51

There were some boos mixed in with the applause when his Ego stepped up to present the prize for the supporters' survey at the Forest game (no Rother, I didn't boo him, I just ignored him and I didn't have to use a button on a computer to do it for me!).

Anyway, expect to see less curtain calls fromMadejski as the levels of discontent grow. He's more than happy to parade himself around reaping the plaudits in good times but, from what I've seen in the past, a lot less keen to be the public figure head when times are tough (or maybe that's pure coincidence!).

Meeko

by Meeko » 26 Aug 2010 10:31

I think people are entitled to be concerned at the moment, its hard to say when is it ok to really get worried, a lot of teams have got stronger this season, and we have got weaker.

This really was the season to try and gamble a bit on promotion, not crazy gamble at all but stretching ourselves a little bit. It is the weakest championship for a few years, the teams that came down were never going to walk the league, the teams that came up were going to do ok, but again at best prob pushing around the play offs.

The frustration/concern to me is, if we dont have any money now, then as we dribble through another season of probably mid/low table we will be in just the same boat next season financially, except minus our best players then who knows!

I'll always go and watch them, no matter what league, but Tues night reminded me of the early days at the Mad Stad where you could hear the players talk to each other, and I dont want to go back to those days. Fans will soon start voting with their feet, and in turn that will generate less money for the club, which will mean even more cloth cutting which means it will get even worse.

If we have no money then fine, if this is what we are going to take the league on with then fine, not much we can do, we are all frustrated and a tad confused as to why we dont have a penny but the 'team leaders' at the club need to find a way of bringing some sort of togetherness and positive vibe going on at the club because its getting worse, and porbably already has started effecting players on the pitch. A positive club, even with weaker players can succeed with team spirit, the spirit of togetherness needs to be found again

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 26 Aug 2010 10:33

URZZ it's far too early to be bashful.

:|

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Aug 2010 11:55

Davyc Why after a few bad results do people have to start moaning and complaining
After a few bad posts, I'm inclined to start moaning and complaining about you.

Davyc Out!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Aug 2010 12:13

Davyc Why after a few bad results do people have to start moaning and complaining, well the only bad result other than last night was scunthrope, but the others werent terrible, even though we could have gotten the 3 points against forest, a draw isnt a bad result against a team that is one of the favs to get promoted, but why does everyone have to think the worst is goin to happen, only three league games have been played. there is no money there to get more players so stop moaning about it. if people went every week and filled the mad stad there would be more money, Just support the team instead of moaning all the time.

The whole point of a forum like this is to give people a stage to spout rubbish and moan. Welcome to the discussion!

What other rubbish have you got lined up to share with us?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Aug 2010 12:17

Where were you when we were shit.... :roll:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 26 Aug 2010 12:21

loyalroyal4life Where were you when we were shit.... :roll:

or more appropriately... where will you be when we are shit?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Aug 2010 12:33

Bigger clubs than us are struggling financially Derby, both Sheffields etc. The frustration is when you see Bristol City crap ground less support no where near moving to a new ground, not been in the prem. Spending 2 million on strikers (they already have Maynard) and we have to let GR go cus we can't afford his wages? We just seem to be absessed with cutting our throats acoordingly.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 26 Aug 2010 12:40

The frustrating thing for me is we were fed the line from Nicky Hammond that there would be little movement of players in until there had been a number of players leaving. Well Mr Hammond, the first half of your equation has happened what about the second?

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 26 Aug 2010 12:43

URZZ oxf*rd off newbie.

But I do agree to a certain extent, it's far too early to be bashful. I hope the players don't read this board put it that way...

In the words of Marilyn herself, "I'm Selfish.. Impatient.. A little insecure.. I make mistakes.. I am out of control.. And at times hard to handle.. But if you can't handle me at my worst.. Then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

If we can support Reading and sing our praises whilst they're top of the Championship, we can support them through their struggles too. Those of us that are fans anyway.

If idiots are incompetent does it make them clever?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2010 13:51

tilehurstender The frustrating thing for me is we were fed the line from Nicky Hammond that there would be little movement of players in until there had been a number of players leaving. Well Mr Hammond, the first half of your equation has happened what about the second?

Well remembered!

What a shame that those running RFC don't have such good memories! Afterall, they wouldn't have been telling us porkies would they?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Aug 2010 14:00

Davyc Why after a few bad results do people have to start moaning and complaining, well the only bad result other than last night was scunthrope, but the others werent terrible, even though we could have gotten the 3 points against forest, a draw isnt a bad result against a team that is one of the favs to get promoted, but why does everyone have to think the worst is goin to happen, only three league games have been played. there is no money there to get more players so stop moaning about it. if people went every week and filled the mad stad there would be more money, Just support the team instead of moaning all the time.

Shut your face Madejski and do some work.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2010 14:00

tilehurstender The frustrating thing for me is we were fed the line from Nicky Hammond that there would be little movement of players in until there had been a number of players leaving. Well Mr Hammond, the first half of your equation has happened what about the second?

Two names - Marcus Williams & Andy Griffin.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Aug 2010 14:03

LOL@ all the interweb no-marks throwing the FON about.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2010 14:17

Forest might be one of the favs to get promoted but they were extremely poor when we played them and yet we still couldn't beat them.

We were bad against Scunthorpe (not a strong team) and struggled to get past Torquay. So which games offer grounds for optimism?