Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

181 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2010 12:28

under the tin
Terminal Boardom Thing is, with no money about, if BMcD was removed, who would want to come in knowing that funds for new players was non-existant? Also, which players would want to come if they knew that there was no visible sign of ambition?

That's very pertinent.
Competitive sportsmen generally react very positively to the strenghtening of a team, because they want to be associated with success.
When the perception of these same people is that the team they are involved with is stagnating, that's when the talent drains away.
It is for this reason I am convinced that we will end up losing our box office players. We all understand that players are transient, and move on for a variety of reasons every year. What bothers me is that when I look at our playing assets, I see something that is akin to an MFI dining table.
There's a very thin veneer of quality, covering much cheaper materials.

Well said.

The constant spouting of there is no money from the club (or more accurately they won't invest any money) is hugely detrimental. Nobody would want to join a club like this, our decent players won't want to stay and worst of all te players we have realise they're not going to be replaced by better models so aren't going to try.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 28 Aug 2010 12:38

DOYLERSAROYALER
Yellowcoat Not up to me to justify their positions. Just asking you to think things through before making statements about things you have no knowledge of.

Im not sure theres a great deal to think through tbh - club are like New Issue sellers at the moment..and we have two highly paid people in the club that do not appear to offer any value in taking the club forward...if we lost Hammond tomorrow (say he walked out!) do you think Madejskis priority would be to replace him....dont think so

As far as Howe goes hes the f..cking Chief Executive...but does anyone see him, hear from him, what does he do????? Im not saying I know what he does, but im struggling to work out how he earns his crust ...as Cummings said, he knows NOTHING about football so hes probably more involved with Madejskis property interests, as thats his kitbag...but why have him on the clubs payroll?????

Whoever managed to get any money at all for Matejovsky this season and all those millions over the last few years deserves to keep their job.

working class hero

by working class hero » 28 Aug 2010 23:13

I hear that the club expect to lose between 2 & 4 players before the window shuts - and there will be no replacements....

Hoping this does not happen, but have it on previously reliable authority.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Aug 2010 23:46

Handsome Man
DOYLERSAROYALER
Yellowcoat Not up to me to justify their positions. Just asking you to think things through before making statements about things you have no knowledge of.

Im not sure theres a great deal to think through tbh - club are like New Issue sellers at the moment..and we have two highly paid people in the club that do not appear to offer any value in taking the club forward...if we lost Hammond tomorrow (say he walked out!) do you think Madejskis priority would be to replace him....dont think so
As far as Howe goes hes the f..cking Chief Executive...but does anyone see him, hear from him, what does he do????? Im not saying I know what he does, but im struggling to work out how he earns his crust ...as Cummings said, he knows NOTHING about football so hes probably more involved with Madejskis property interests, as thats his kitbag...but why have him on the clubs payroll?????

Whoever managed to get any money at all for Matejovsky this season and all those millions over the last few years deserves to keep their job.

LOL! proven track record of getting people in cheap, selling at the righttime, and for millions.
without his management of contracts and sales we would have been financially fecked way before this season

under the tin

by under the tin » 29 Aug 2010 08:42

[quote="brendywendy...
LOL! proven track record of getting people in cheap, selling at the righttime, and for millions.
without his management of contracts and sales we would have been financially fecked way before this season[/quote]

Agreed, although in getiing cheap players in, and improving them, the kudos belongs to a large extent to the scouting/ coaching staff.
Nonetheless, Hammond deserves credit for getting the best possible return on our investment when these players have subsequently moved on.
Too many take cheap shots at NH, baseless of facts.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Aug 2010 14:03

working class hero I hear that the club expect to lose between 2 & 4 players before the window shuts - and there will be no replacements....

Hoping this does not happen, but have it on previously reliable authority.

Really and who may that be... Cilla Black

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 29 Aug 2010 15:37

Just to add my two pennies worth - the day I decide that a multi-millionaire businessman and entrepreneur knows less about running a business than a bunch of whining arm chair football fans, is the day I know I've lost my tiny mind.

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 29 Aug 2010 15:48

It's time for the fans to run this club! :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Aug 2010 15:48

Royal_Delight It's time for the fans to run this club! :lol:

Some things are too terrifying to even joke about.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2010 16:02

BobKnows Just to add my two pennies worth - the day I decide that a multi-millionaire businessman and entrepreneur knows less about running a business than a bunch of whining arm chair football fans, is the day I know I've lost my tiny mind.

Prepare your medication and strait jacket then! If there are any more departures from RFC before the window shuts, it will serve to show that a multi-millionaire businessman and entrepreneur truly knows how to screw up everything he had once achieved!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Aug 2010 16:05

We won. why are you still here?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2010 19:45

sandman We won. why are you still here?

I would ask the same of Madejski!

And one effing win hardly lets him off the hook or proves we've survived the effects of his manic cloth cutting.

However, I can still celebrate a win by the team I support (as opposed to the business that takes my money) and praise the efforts of the players that achieved the win, without having to bow down in front of Madejski and his supporters.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2010 21:06

RoyalBlue
BobKnows Just to add my two pennies worth - the day I decide that a multi-millionaire businessman and entrepreneur knows less about running a business than a bunch of whining arm chair football fans, is the day I know I've lost my tiny mind.

Prepare your medication and strait jacket then! If there are any more departures from RFC before the window shuts, it will serve to show that a multi-millionaire businessman and entrepreneur truly knows how to screw up everything he had once achieved!

and if there are none, will you stop your pointless ranting, and admit you were wrong? no, no one ever does

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2010 01:21

Nothing wrong with RoyalBlue's stance to be fair.

He just seems to have the balls to say what's on a lot of peoples' minds.

For the little we know if could be rubbish, but it's not entirely unreasonable.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 30 Aug 2010 11:33

I think everyone would be happy if Madejski sold up, particularly Madejski. However much he goes on about his commitment to the club, actions speak louder than words.

In the meantime, is it fair to demand that this man invest his own money into the club? Probably not, as long he's not holding out on a potential buyer/invester.

Is it fair for him to syphon money out of the club to fund other projects? Definately not and it's up to each individual looking at the facts to decide if this is happening or not.

Maybe STAR should do something useful for once and spent they funds on marketing the club to any potential owners/investers out there to ensure that they know the club is on the market.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Aug 2010 11:40

STAR :lol: - dont get me started!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2010 11:52

Schards#2 I think everyone would be happy if Madejski sold up, particularly Madejski. However much he goes on about his commitment to the club, actions speak louder than words.

Out of interest, how many clubs have been purchased since Madejski said he wanted to sell?

And if RFC is such a great business, how come he hasn't managed to sell when others have?

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 30 Aug 2010 11:52

Schards#2 I think everyone would be happy if Madejski sold up, particularly Madejski. However much he goes on about his commitment to the club, actions speak louder than words.

In the meantime, is it fair to demand that this man invest his own money into the club? Probably not, as long he's not holding out on a potential buyer/invester.

Is it fair for him to syphon money out of the club to fund other projects? Definately not and it's up to each individual looking at the facts to decide if this is happening or not.

Coming out of a global recession how many million/billionaires are going to want to invest in a loss making 2nd tier football club? Further a club which is suffering from trying to run itself as a business like any other rather than piling on debt to secure temporary success. Reading FC are corporate proof of the insanity any new owner would be buying into.

Nobody was complaining when JM was subsidizing purchases in the 3rd tier or guaranteeing the loans that secured us our shiny, new stadium and ultimately our moment in the sun.

There no theoretical Russian/Arab/Chinese Billionaires lined up to buy the club and even if there were would 70 million vs 50 million quid put them off when they knew they would have to subsidise losses for every year of their ownership anyway.

It's football which is broken and not JMs stewardship of Reading FC.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2010 12:01

Once were Biscuitmen

Coming out of a global recession how many million/billionaires are going to want to invest in a loss making 2nd tier football club? Further a club which is suffering from trying to run itself as a business like any other rather than piling on debt to secure temporary success. Reading FC are corporate proof of the insanity any new owner would be buying into.

Nobody was complaining when JM was subsidizing purchases in the 3rd tier or guaranteeing the loans that secured us our shiny, new stadium and ultimately our moment in the sun.

There no theoretical Russian/Arab/Chinese Billionaires lined up to buy the club and even if there were would 70 million vs 50 million quid put them off when they knew they would have to subsidise losses for every year of their ownership anyway.

It's football which is broken and not JMs stewardship of Reading FC.

Football isn't broken no matter how much people claim it is. It's just Madejski doesn't want to play in the same league and by the same rules as the majority. Deluded old *** seems to think he can operate successfully in a totally different way.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 30 Aug 2010 12:14

under the tin [quote="brendywendy...
without his management of contracts and sales we would have been financially fecked way before this season

Agreed, although in getiing cheap players in, and improving them, the kudos belongs to a large extent to the scouting/ coaching staff.
Nonetheless, Hammond deserves credit for getting the best possible return on our investment when these players have subsequently moved on.
Too many take cheap shots at NH, baseless of facts.[/quote]

Leroy Lita? James Harper? Steve Sidwell? Marcus Hahnemann? - we all improved those players, can you enlighten me as to how much those players were sold for combined? I think that is definately based on facts mate

181 posts